Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30

Author Topic: Witches' Coven II: Happy Ends. Sort of. Unless you're an elf, of course.  (Read 41478 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven II: Over Hill, Over Dale (Needs Replaces) Day 6 (7/14)
« Reply #330 on: January 03, 2012, 05:49:14 pm »

In case of a theoretical protect the witches have. We've seen no evidence either in support or against that theory, but it is something that's solvable by lynching you today.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 03, 2012, 05:58:32 pm »

True, but I'm likewise leery of trusting you to kill Imiknorris in the night; I'm sure you understand why.  Like I said, I'm willing to name the rest of the team if that will help (and while it will help in some areas, I'm guessing it does nothing to convince you we don't have a block or protect).
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 03, 2012, 06:14:47 pm »

Hmm. It seems we're at an impasse, honestly. My only item I can gamble with is my own life, and we're running low enough on lynches that I can't just say 'lynch me if I don't'. 

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 03, 2012, 06:20:10 pm »

How about you name one of your witchbuddies, we lynch them today and kill me tonight?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 03, 2012, 06:23:43 pm »

Well, that leaves me in rather the same position, doesn't it?
On the Nature of Dwarves

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 03, 2012, 06:24:32 pm »

EBWODP: I'm going to think it over (HURR HURR), but it seems I may have no choice but to go along with the "lynch a witch today, kill Imiknorris tonight" option.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 03, 2012, 06:24:58 pm »

Honestly, Urist, I think your best bet is to keep the other witches in reserve. The possibility of mislynches costing us the game and the uncertainty of possible millers will keep me in line and force me to go with the plan so as to keep everything running smoothly. So don't say anything, that'll give the biggest impetus for me to stick to the plan.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 03, 2012, 08:08:37 pm »

On re-reading Dead Chat, I'm a bit nervous about the elf team.  I noticed something I missed earlier: when Jim died, he asked Darvi what happened, since "[He] thought the elves died when [he] did".  Darvi stated that the king needs to be dead too, at which point Jim said the aforementioned Urist Imiknorris getting to succeed him after all.

The elves, plural, bit is what bothers me.  If the elves had a second convert (or a third starting member, as Native theorized earlier), then Imiknorris would only be one of them left.  I don't know what to make of it, but I wouldn't mind having my inspect open in the off chance that Imiknorris isn't the last elf, as Toaster's inspects didn't get much of a elf read on Imiknorris despite his status.

I'd prefer lynching another witch (to keep the ratio better), kill Imiknorris tonight, and use my inspect on the odd man out.  If that's acceptable, I'll name either one or both of my witch partners (whichever town prefers), lynch a witch, I'll inspect, and Think kills Imiknorris.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 03, 2012, 08:13:28 pm »

I'd prefer lynching another witch (to keep the ratio better), kill Imiknorris tonight, and use my inspect on the odd man out.  If that's acceptable, I'll name either one or both of my witch partners (whichever town prefers), lynch a witch, I'll inspect, and Think kills Imiknorris.

I'm happy as long as we lynch a witch tonight.  If a witch isn't lynched, Think stabs you.  I'd rather we lynch a witch and stab another then see about lynching Urist I tomorrow, but I doubt you're in for that.

I have a second condition, though- you can't name Native.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 03, 2012, 08:26:07 pm »

Heh, I know you will dismiss this as WIFOM, but I wasn't planning to name Native anyway.  You seem all too eager to dismiss the idea of a Miller, and I figured you wouldn't accept the "obvious" witch anyway.

If we're agreed to lynch a witch then stab Urist Imiknorris tonight, I will gladly name a witch (not Native).  I'm trusting Think to uphold his end of the bargain.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 03, 2012, 09:21:17 pm »

I'm down with this.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 03, 2012, 09:24:32 pm »

As long as a witch dies with me I'm up for it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 03, 2012, 11:19:10 pm »

Very well; this is a bit of a shocker, so I'll just call him out.

Witch #1, come on down!
On the Nature of Dwarves

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 04, 2012, 12:43:21 am »

Is it Toaster? I am going to laugh so hard if it's Toaster.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 04, 2012, 12:49:58 am »

I BID ONE DOLLAR!
...wait, this isn't The Price is Right?  Oh...

Well, then.  Everyone, this is going to be quite the post.

Let's start with my role.  I am the Witch Maiden.  I am also the Elven PrincessI win with the Witches.

My powers:
*Witches' Coven: I have witchchat.
*Elven Traitor: I have elfchat, and the elves think I'm part of their faction.  They know me only as the Elven Princess.  I am not considered an actual member of their faction for the purpose of their wincon.
*Affinity: I have a medium-high chance of being notified of any magical action or presence.

Spoiler: Flavour (click to show/hide)

Basically, I'm McArathos's real source of elven info.  Jim and NUKE might have said something in deadchat, but that never mattered.  There's one elf now, and he's King Imiknorris.

Elven information:
*Jim was the queen.  (S)he could convert a person each night, as long as the king was alive.  If there was no living king, Jim could promote one of the converts to king.
*NUKE was the king.  He had no powers.
*If Jim was dead and there was no living king, all converts would die.
*N1, elves converted Imiknorris, because he seemed competent and he wasn't Toaster.  N2, Jim made Imiknorris the new king.
*Before Imiknorris's conversion, he was an ordinary villager.

I shall keep our end of the bargain.  Jack A T.  Now, I want the rest of you to keep your ends.

In the meantime, feel free to ask questions.  I've got 110 (soon to be 111) elfchat posts to use to answer questions, for example.

To summarize: I'm a witch.  I'm a traitor to the elves.  Imiknorris is the new elven king.  Lynch me, shoot him.  And, most importantly, I hate orgies.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30