Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Battlefield 3: My Greatest Gaming Disappointment  (Read 3126 times)

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3: My Greatest Gaming Disappointment
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2011, 12:12:07 am »

The problem with that is some (most?) completely ignore those in-game voices because they've been almost brainwashed to. They're rarely useful in other FPS games (ie, RAMIREZ DO THIS) so why should it be any different in this one? I think it's more a case of selective hearing rather than general dickishness. Or just newbiness. Maybe they just don't realise they can give out ammo.

Personally, I make it a point to throw out supporty stuff every time I can. Gettin' dem heal points ferdayz.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3: My Greatest Gaming Disappointment
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2011, 12:39:17 am »

The problem with that is some (most?) completely ignore those in-game voices because they've been almost brainwashed to. They're rarely useful in other FPS games (ie, RAMIREZ DO THIS) so why should it be any different in this one? I think it's more a case of selective hearing rather than general dickishness. Or just newbiness. Maybe they just don't realise they can give out ammo.

Personally, I make it a point to throw out supporty stuff every time I can. Gettin' dem heal points ferdayz.

For the first few hours I thought I had to press a key to accept ammo, and I got frustrated when nothing happened... for much of a fool I was...
But knocking people's heads off with the MAV more than makes up for anything I went through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFynHY8fCrg
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress
Pages: 1 2 [3]