Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26

Author Topic: 3079  (Read 72071 times)

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
Re: 3079
« Reply #135 on: January 07, 2012, 06:45:26 pm »

So does the size of the baddies indicate anything?
Thank you based dwarf.

azurelao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 07, 2012, 07:01:15 pm »

again..

instead of making things just "not work" when you level up, why not just make more efficient versions of each item that require you to be a certain level to use them?

that way, you CAN use the lower-level items even when youre a higher level, but youd have an easier time using the higher-level ones

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 07, 2012, 07:43:13 pm »

again..

instead of making things just "not work" when you level up, why not just make more efficient versions of each item that require you to be a certain level to use them?

that way, you CAN use the lower-level items even when youre a higher level, but youd have an easier time using the higher-level ones

Just "making them more efficient" wouldn't really work... Your energy increases as you level up, so if items used less energy as they leveled up -- by level 2 or 3, you'd never have to worry about energy again with the item. Things should get more resource intensive as you progress, so the player will feel like their higher stats (which they worked hard to get) are actually being used for something more powerful. Also, one way your actual level is determined is by which items you have acquired, so if you managed to get a level 5 grappling hook -- you'd be level 5 and be able to use it (so limiting an item until you reach a certain level wouldn't work).

I don't want to go on about this -- I feel the best solution is to make the grappling hook and antigravity pack dependent on weight, which makes sense -- a low level hook and antigrav device just cannot support heavier weights.

Phr00t, what are those yellow boxes with X on the ground in 3x3 shapes?

They are building blocks -- you can destroy these with your weapons and pick 'em up and place them elsewhere.

I'm loving your texture work, Deon! I may put it up on my website for people to download :)

So does the size of the baddies indicate anything?

The bigger baddies have more health than smaller guys. Also, smaller guys move faster, and bigger guys move slower.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 07, 2012, 09:08:59 pm »

Here we are, "Deon's Doom 3079", the first release of my texture pack. The readme in the archive tells you how to install it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cbwgfqm39icku44

« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 09:13:41 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 07, 2012, 09:18:21 pm »

Err, what should I be doing? I've got a mining drill but haven't figured out how to use it.

My primary armament is a level 4 precision rifle with 134 damage, and I'm level 4 due to it. Though I have insane strength and energy stats.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2012, 09:21:34 pm »

There are gray (greenish/blueish) rock formations (usually 3x3) which you can mine, and under them rarely you can find minerals.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2012, 09:21:55 pm »

Deon: OMG THIS IS AWESOME  :o

You know, I could add support for custom texture packs right into 3079 to make it easier to use your awesomeness :)

Also, I can hook you up with the original GIMP project file for the textures -- this will make it easy to make sure lighting is accurate.

Err, what should I be doing? I've got a mining drill but haven't figured out how to use it.

Hit 'o' to give you an idea on what you should be doing to progress the main storyline... or just screw around  :P

Use the mining drill on solid rock (grey blocks), or gem-filled rocks to get goodies. A higher level mining drill (combined with higher level mining skill) will result in higher level gems.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 09:29:48 pm by phr00t »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2012, 09:44:23 pm »

I'm being repeatedly killed by some kind of green hazy loving mist.

I lost 4 of my items to this loving thing what the hell.

Edit: Exiting before recovering my items means I'm now naked and still repeatedly dying. RAGE STARTOVER.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 09:47:10 pm by Blaze »

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2012, 09:48:15 pm »

phr00t, can we get permadeath as an option too?
Thank you based dwarf.

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 07, 2012, 09:56:42 pm »

I'm being repeatedly killed by some kind of green hazy loving mist.

I lost 4 of my items to this loving thing what the hell.

Edit: Exiting before recovering my items means I'm now naked and still repeatedly dying. RAGE STARTOVER.

You are/were in a poisonous biome -- you need "Poison Protection" gear to safely walk in this yellow area. If you get in this area without protection, you can walk on rocks or in water to avoid being poisoned. If you get poisoned, stand in one of these safe areas until your health regenerates. Your best bet is just to avoid these biomes if you have no protection :)

phr00t, can we get permadeath as an option too?

Oh geez, permadeath! :o Yeah, I can put this on the "to-do" list. However, demons, and especially the Demon King can kill you very easily -- so I wouldn't necessarily recommend playing this way  ;D

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2012, 10:16:07 pm »

So far I have been writing over each save, I have had to restart a lot, but I have been having fun goshdarnit.
Thank you based dwarf.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 08, 2012, 12:11:38 am »

Okay, I have a small issue.

I was raiding one of the enemy bases in the sky, and the last enemy dropped a level 6 precision rifle, rendering both my level 4 grappling hook and level 4 jetpack completely useless.

What do I do now?

Also, I noticed there's a multiplayer option on the main menu. Anyone know of any servers?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 12:16:33 am by Blaze »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 08, 2012, 12:21:22 am »

You can host your own AFAIK.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #148 on: January 08, 2012, 12:31:25 am »

I was raiding one of the enemy bases in the sky, and the last enemy dropped a level 6 precision rifle, rendering both my level 4 grappling hook and level 4 jetpack completely useless.
Perfect example of what I was talking about. This just punishes the player for finding good stuff. I think the weight based restriction we came up with would be a better solution and make more sense to the player.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 08, 2012, 08:25:44 am »

3079 is now indexed as the 7th return on google for 3079. phr00t must be doing something right :)
Only a simple mind can be certain.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26