Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What did you feast on today (Thanksgiving Meal Thread)  (Read 2024 times)

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
Re: What did you feast on today (Thanksgiving Meal Thread)
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2011, 09:54:44 pm »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 09:56:56 pm »

I inhaled three dead turkeys and one pumpkin pie through my nose.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 10:01:20 pm »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2011, 11:28:04 pm »

Quite a feast.

All manners of vegetables, besides pizza. Actually, celery and carrot sticks and a ranch dip, all kinds of cheese and crackers, olives, and cream cheese wrapped in salami. And that was just for the day.

When dinner rolled around, it was a rather traditional setup. Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce (home made, not canned), apple sauce, purple mashed potatoes (you read correctly; naturally occurring and they were awesome), creamed green beans, and corn, as well as numerous bottles of wine and beer throughout the day.

It seems Thanksgiving is one of the few days I actually eat healthy.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 11:31:08 pm by Itnetlolor »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2011, 12:56:09 am »

Lessee, a couple of muffins, (small ones), a few pickles and olives, and some turkey.

I'm not a big eater.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2011, 02:50:15 am »

Standard fare; turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans, cranberry sauce, and rolls.

We don't get too excited around here, though. Something about them pilgrim folks murdering all the natives and stealing their land.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2011, 11:59:22 am »

The souls of a dozen orphans.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2011, 12:00:04 pm »

We don't get too excited around here, though. Something about them pilgrim folks murdering all the natives and stealing their land.

Are you not thankful for anything at all?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2011, 12:05:49 pm »

I had tagliatelle and tomato-sauce with tagliatelle. Forgot to put in the garlic.

I am an ungrateful bastard.
Love, scriver~

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2011, 02:57:16 pm »

Are you not thankful for anything at all?
Do we have to focus our thanks on one day? It's just another day. When I feel grateful to someone, I don't wait until the fourth Thursday of November to thank them.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2011, 03:00:30 pm »

Same logic could be applied to any holiday. Think what your winter solstice holiday of choice focuses on is great? Well, why wait until december?

Setting a date lets people do... whatever they do for holidays together. It's not that the day is somehow special or anything (it's just a number).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2011, 03:17:07 pm »

Sure, but it's kinda obnoxious to say that because somebody doesn't celebrate a particular holiday, they must therefore disagree with whatever meaning happens to be assigned to it.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2011, 03:18:05 pm »

Yeah agreed there.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2011, 03:18:56 pm »

We generally gather on the solstice, yes, for rituals around a bonfire involving several crabs.

Maybe I'm just not a fan of Thanksgiving because I thank people all the time, and the only family I have that are anywhere near here I already live with. It's not a family gathering if you're already gathered, is it?

But we are both entitled to our own opinions.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2011, 07:33:57 pm »

Standard fare; turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans, cranberry sauce, and rolls.

I don't want to sound racist or anything, but any other civilazation would have done the same damn thing.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?
Pages: 1 [2] 3