Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What are your dwarves thankful for?  (Read 2408 times)

Muttonhawk

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord-High everything else
    • View Profile
Re: What are your dwarves thankful for?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2011, 08:15:00 pm »

My dwarfs are grateful they can mince just about everything, including liquids. They are also grateful that we hit magma recently, no more blundering about with charcoal!
How sad, imagine what they would've come up with... Booze proppelled rocket bayonets
Quote from: Dylan Moran
You know what you are? You're a beard with an idiot hanging off it.

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 09:28:18 pm »

Not being dead. Yet.

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2011, 04:59:04 am »

I installed magma windows in year one of my fort. If I was going to build my dining room next to a volcano plume then I was going to be able to watch the magmetic crustations going about their day, Armok damn it! I guess my dwarves are thankful that no one has decided that a bit of interior decorating is in order (read: rampage) and smashed that thin pane green glass window that holds back about 20 levels of 7/7 magma. I have a "seal magma windows" lever but in my infinite wisdom I put it right in front of the windows.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2011, 05:19:28 am »

My dorfs are thankful they're not gobbo's

DK
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2011, 06:19:04 am »

thankful for steel armor for (nearly) everyone
booze
MAGMA
booze
lots of traps so they can watch goblins die in amusing ways while taking crossbow shots at them (is there a mod so kids can throw stones at them?)
booze
the killing of !2! swamp titans (ok, so one was made of steam and dropped parts even when a civvie punched him)
more booze
incredibly made masterwork food (I sold the rest. 2 legendary +5 cooks can really create stuff. Anyone for marsh titan roast?)
booze
a duches and a mayor with -sensible- demands (no export on iron or copper and for some reason, crowns. My duchess likes crowns. she has royal ambitions?)
booze
parties in the legendary dining hall, statue garden or 2nd statue garden
with lots of alcohol
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2011, 07:38:09 am »

My dwarves are thankful that the bronze colossus who wiped out the military and a number of civvies is now imprisoned for all eternity within a bronze and steel pillar, next to the grave of the militia commander who took one of his arms off.

They're also pretty thankful for dfcleanmap, without which the poisonous blood of a forgotten beast would have spread in an extremely buggy way and annihilated the fortress.
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

Alastar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2011, 08:33:20 am »

Mine are thankful for their fancy intruder alarms (serrated disk trap behind each door) and overengineered indoor plumbing (showers, wells, waterfalls) that's strangely a lot more powerful than needed, and central heating.

Doughnut189

• Bay Watcher
  • Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2011, 12:56:54 pm »

My dwarves are thankful for their legendary weaponsmith, who had a fey mood and created a useful artifact. (Bismuth mace)
Imagine you're driving a car. Push the gas pedal to the floor. Close your eyes. Remain this way for ten minutes while turning the wheel at whim. This is Dwarf Fortress.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2011, 01:23:04 pm »

My haulers and metalworkers are grateful for Ore Deliver Chute #1, which they use to just dump ore straight from the ground-level mines to the smelters 61 z-levels below.

The general populace is grateful for the two (and a half) squads of legendary military, which valiantly rush out during every ambush and siege to turn goblins and trolls into fine red and cyan paste.

My captain of the guard, and some of the general populace, are glad for his wearing the fort's first steel breastplate, artifact zinc greaves, and for his mark of status, the artifact bone hammer.
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.
Pages: 1 [2]