Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 68

Author Topic: Commissar Quest - Apparently flak armour isn't very good  (Read 82098 times)

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Commissar Quest - Apparently flak armour isn't very good
« Reply #765 on: April 22, 2012, 04:16:35 pm »

It turns out that the STC was corrupted and makes evil pottery wheels. They are actually slightly elliptical and want to destroy the Imperium.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 22, 2012, 04:17:42 pm »

Purge the oval ones?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 22, 2012, 04:24:35 pm »

Purge the oval ones?
Purge the oval ones!

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 22, 2012, 04:35:49 pm »

Purge the oval ones?
Purge the oval ones!
And the Lumpy ones?

Also. 101th will assist us with the sick connections and shape a regiment in the way we please. If we dove into the more experienced regiment we could be lost to a tragic friendly fire incident.
Raggle Fraggle

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 24, 2012, 03:30:01 am »

"101st Mettite, good, I'll just forward this paperwork to the Commissariat and Munitorum and you should be formally recognised in three... four months."

The Lord General clasps his hands and leans forward on his desk, the hive tyrant trophy looming behind him. He looks uncommonly serious.

"You're going to be working alongside the regimental command structure, but otherwise cut off from the battleforce. Communication, even by astropath, will likely prove unreliable. I have every confidence in Colonel..." he discretely checks a dataslate, "Colonel Jamaal's competence and loyalty, but Oram-Okbod is a long way from assistance. If by chance a situation requires drastic and immediate action, you have the authority to ensure the safety and efficiency of the deployment, even without oversight from my office.

"The Mettites are already en route to Oram-Okbod, but you can catch up on a packet boat carrying speciality supplies. I'm sure they'll be ecstatic to learn of their good fortune." You're not sure if he means the packet crew or the regiment, but he briefly smiles before tossing a passage card in your direction, "You're representing us to the Mechanicus. Make us look good, Commissar."
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 25, 2012, 03:48:46 pm »

Oky doeky sir off I go
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 25, 2012, 04:09:21 pm »

Off we go to kill run our new regiment!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 26, 2012, 01:24:34 am »

Now is probably a good time to finalise what weapons you want to equip by default. Any three of the following, and any three smoke, frag, or krak grenades.

Regimental Hotshot Laspistol
Trusty Laspistol
Progenium Boltpistol
Progenium Chainsword
Imperial Navy Combat Shotgun
Trusty Sabre

The Laspistol is a good generalist weapon and is dead accurate, but is outclassed by the Hotshot's armour penetrating ability. The Boltpistol has a bit less penetration, but has great raw damage. The Sabre is effectively useless now that you have a Chainsword which also cuts through armour. The Shotgun is nice, but is only good in close-but-not-melee battles.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 01:27:48 am by Shade-o »

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 26, 2012, 01:32:39 am »

I say we take the chainsword and the two laspistols so we can duel-wield them one of the laspistols and the boltpistol.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 26, 2012, 02:34:23 am »

I say either the above or take hotshot, chainsword and shotgun. For our three grenades, either one of each, or 1 frag and 2 krak or 2 frag and 1 krak now that we have armour piercing weaponry.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: April 26, 2012, 06:57:27 am »

I say either the above or take hotshot, chainsword and shotgun. For our three grenades, either one of each, or 1 frag and 2 krak or 2 frag and 1 krak now that we have armour piercing weaponry.

This, but two frag and one krak.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 26, 2012, 03:13:24 pm »

Chainsword, hotshot laspistol, laspistol,two fraks one frag.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 26, 2012, 03:34:30 pm »

Chainsword, hotshot laspistol, laspistol,two kraks one frag.

Actually, this sounds quite good. +1

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #778 on: April 26, 2012, 04:27:06 pm »

we don't need two laspistols. Take the bolter or that combat shotgun instead.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 26, 2012, 04:30:14 pm »

we don't need two laspistols. Take the bolter or that combat shotgun instead.

The thing is, we get a bonus to hit with the normal laspistol, and a -1 on the hotshot. I'd rather not take the bolt pistol, as that's a -2 to hit, so either we go with less powerful accuracy (2 laspistols) or a short-range, strong weapon we may not use (combat shotgun). Honestly, either would work.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 68