Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 68

Author Topic: Commissar Quest - Apparently flak armour isn't very good  (Read 82065 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile

loyal PDF? this change all! or not. I thought it was civilians. must have misread.

about teh radio:
automated loop + "under fire" + long corridors = do someone wanna be Ackbar'd?
It's a trap!
Yes but If we ambush the ambushes we will pay them back twice as they wanted to give us.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile

You can't exactly ambush something that's already waiting for you, you know.

Simply head towards the prisoners, no point in stopping for anything else.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile

You can't exactly ambush something that's already waiting for you, you know.

Simply head towards the prisoners, no point in stopping for anything else.
Bah I've seen it done before, my friend had set up a few AT guns, a squad for each, and had them over looking the quickest route to the front (all in cover and concealment), I was off holding the front as he concentrated here.
The enemy discovers it, sends a medium sized group behind it, then moves a small force towards the front. He hits it from both sides and crushes it losing about half the small unit in the front, and almost none of the counter ambushers.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile

One thing.

We're a bunch of Guardsmen with Lasguns and Shotguns. Considering the enemy is probably more entrenched and prepared, we'll be slaughtered.

Now if we were a Skitarii team or an Inquisitor's Retinue I'd change my mind, but we're not.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile

We're not Guardsmen, we're PDF. And our enemy isn't exactly even PDF level.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile

-=-Handoria Insurrection-=-
Every Commissar has to start somewhere
Part 7

Code: [Select]
Squad Morale Confident

Fireteam One
1.   Quinton Mergen Sergeant Grenade Launcher Uninjured
2.   Tarra Vasi Corporal Lasgun Vox Uninjured
3.   Ming Modic Corporal Lasgun Medicae Uninjured
4.   Quinton Labonne Trooper Lasgun Uninjured
5.   Thaddeus Haare Trooper Lasgun Uninjured
6.   Moises Naef Trooper Lasgun Uninjured

Fireteam Two
1.   Octavius Halian Commissar Sabre + Pistol Uninjured
2.   Elwood Sturn Corporal Flamer Uninjured
3.   Thaddeus Shuskey Trooper Shotgun Uninjured
4.   Rod Saglimben Trooper Shotgun Uninjured
5.   Laurinda Burrel Trooper Shotgun Uninjured

"That vox sounds suspicious, but we might investigate it when we rescue the prisoners. For now, that's our objective. Wait, why aren't these passages marked with grid coordinates?"

Mergen shrugs, "Either the civil plans are incomplete or the auspex is on the fritz again. I wouldn't worry about it."

Your squad moves up quickly and professionally, but no more enemies are encountered. As you approach the intersection of the street marked I10, you hear lasfire coming from M13. What little you can see further down the passage does reveal flashes, though the prevalence of abandoned traffic and cargo largely obscures and blocks the view.

R28 - Ollious Jorgan
N6 - Prisoners
M13 - Vox transmission
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have our first fireteam hole up here, while we lead the second to rescue the prisoners. We'll go around and catch M13 in a pincer.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile

I say just have everyone go the N6 to rescue people and then hed to M13 using R9.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile

I support Battle Brother Dsarker's plan. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile

Divied we fall, united we stand.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile

Problem with that in 40k: The enemy liberally uses heavy weaponry. We'll be blown up by a grenade or a well placed Heavy Stubber.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Divided we stand, united we fall.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile

-=-Handoria Insurrection-=-
Every Commissar has to start somewhere
Part 7

Code: [Select]
Squad Morale Confident

Fireteam One
Quinton Mergen Sergeant Grenade Launcher Uninjured
Tarra Vasi Corporal Lasgun Vox Uninjured
Quinton Labonne Trooper Lasgun Uninjured
Thaddeus Haare Trooper Lasgun Uninjured
Moises Naef Trooper Lasgun Uninjured

Fireteam Two
Octavius Halian Commissar Sabre + Pistol Uninjured
Elwood Sturn Corporal Flamer Uninjured
Ming Modic Corporal Lasgun Medicae Uninjured
Thaddeus Shuskey Trooper Shotgun Uninjured
Rod Saglimben Trooper Shotgun Uninjured
Laurinda Burrel Trooper Shotgun Uninjured

"Sergeant, if you would be so kind as to hold this intersection, I will take Fireteam Two and liberate our captive allies. Won't delay us, I'm sure."

Mergen cautiously agrees, but insists you take the medicae.

Moving up I10, there is no sign of the enemy. The threshold of I6 is a grand archway, an artistic attempt at disguising a heavy blast door. You realise that many, if not all major avenues and halls would be able to be sealed in the unlikely event of atmospheric catastrophe.

"Oh, now I get it!" Burrel exclaims, as he scoots alongside you.

"What?"

"Those three traitors at the airlock, they were in full battle dress but weren't expecting trouble. They didn't have their weapons at hand, but were wearing masks, goggles and helmets, even though it would be uncomfortable."

"And you know why?"

"I think so - Sir - they were playing regicide, so they were just keeping their faces and voices as unreadable as possible."

"Ah, well spotter Trooper. That reminds me, some day I'm going to have to get-DOWN!"

You spot the glow of a charging shot, and instinctively dive to the ground while dragging him with you. A second later, you feel a wash of searing heat and blinding light as the laser beams overhead and gouges a crater in the wall behind you. Fortunately no one else was directly behind you, and with much cursing the others take cover behind columns and crates. Taking cover behind a sturdy forklift, you are able to spot the laser in the shadows by its glowing barrel. It's set up behind some cover in the middle of I6, while your fireteam is clustered around the entrance to I10.

"Mergen, we have made contact with the enemy. Looks like a stationary mining laser, shouldn't take too long."

R28 - Ollious Jorgan
N6 - Prisoners
M13 - Vox transmission
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile

Fire everything, that is all

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 68