Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 68

Author Topic: Commissar Quest - Apparently flak armour isn't very good  (Read 82068 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How about kill two, capture one?
Kill two, badly wound the third and capture him.
or just

FIRE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile

-=-Handoria Insurrection-=-
Every Commissar has to start somewhere
Part 6

Code: [Select]
Squad Morale Confident

Fireteam One
1.   Quinton Mergen Sergeant Grenade Launcher Uninjured
2.   Tarra Vasi Corporal Lasgun Vox Uninjured
3.   Ming Modic Corporal Lasgun Medicae Uninjured
4.   Quinton Labonne Trooper Lasgun Uninjured
5.   Thaddeus Haare Trooper Lasgun Uninjured
6.   Moises Naef Trooper Lasgun Uninjured

Fireteam Two
1.   Octavius Halian Commissar Sabre + Pistol Uninjured
2.   Elwood Sturn Corporal Flamer Uninjured
3.   Thaddeus Shuskey Trooper Shotgun Uninjured
4.   Rod Saglimben Trooper Shotgun Uninjured
5.   Laurinda Burrel Trooper Shotgun Uninjured

The three rebels are caught completely by surprise, none of them having weapons at hand.

"Death and glory!" you cry, charging forward and firing your laspistol straight into the chest of one. The shot sends him reeling and you follow it up with a shoulder charge, knocking him down before he could draw his sidearm. The other two are cut down by a volley of fire from the rest of the fireteam, spraying bits of traitor everywhere.

The rebel you picked has a smoking hole in his chest-plate, and is weakly trying to get up. You kick him in the head and relieve him of his sidearm.

Sgt Mergen approaches, appraising the battlefield. He relays a message through the vox and the airlock snaps shut, followed by a clunk as the shuttle disembarks.
"That was easier than I expected, to be honest. The other assaults must be working if this airlock was so lightly defended."
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interrogate him, and use the best tactic possible. If he doesn't talk slowly cut his fingers off one by one.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile

Interrogate him, and use the best tactic possible. After he talksslowly cut his fingers off one by one. Then shoot him in the face
Fixd
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interrogate him, and use the best tactic possible. After he talksslowly cut his fingers off one by one. Then shoot him in the face
Fixd
What if he doesn't talk ?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile

Fixd
What if he doesn't talk ?
Plan B. Pain lots of pain
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile

Well well well, isn't it our favorite Imperial Messenger Of The Emperor's Light.

Now, considering this a miner, I have a few different plans.

If anyone has lhosticks, try lighting it. Simply interrogate him, and stick the lhostick in places when he's hesitant to reveal information. Save the finger cutting for later, and keep that Medicae on hand. If he DOESN'T talk, no point in torturing him any longer than needed, burn him!

During the interrogation, treat him like a dog. Reward him for cooperating, and if he doesn't, proceed with lhostick torture.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 01:32:42 am by Phantom »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well well well, isn't it our favorite Imperial Messenger Of The Emperor's Light.

Now, considering this a miner, I have a few different plans.

If anyone has lhosticks, try lighting it. Simply interrogate him, and stick the lhostick in places when he's hesitant to reveal information. Save the finger cutting for later, and keep that Medicae on hand. If he DOESN'T talk, no point in torturing him any longer than needed, burn him!

During the interrogation, treat him like a dog. Reward him for cooperating, and if he doesn't, proceed with lhostick torture.

This. And I knew you would post here eventually :)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile

Hey, no way I could ignore this. ESPECIALLY when I have a Krieger Commissar as an avatar.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, no way I could ignore this. ESPECIALLY when I have a Krieger Commissar as an avatar.
Yep :P And I am also counting on you saving our hides later when we start to make a stupid decision.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-=-Handoria Insurrection-=-
Every Commissar has to start somewhere
Part 6

Code: [Select]
Squad Morale Confident

Fireteam One
1.   Quinton Mergen Sergeant Grenade Launcher Uninjured
2.   Tarra Vasi Corporal Lasgun Vox Uninjured
3.   Ming Modic Corporal Lasgun Medicae Uninjured
4.   Quinton Labonne Trooper Lasgun Uninjured
5.   Thaddeus Haare Trooper Lasgun Uninjured
6.   Moises Naef Trooper Lasgun Uninjured

Fireteam Two
1.   Octavius Halian Commissar Sabre + Pistol Uninjured
2.   Elwood Sturn Corporal Flamer Uninjured
3.   Thaddeus Shuskey Trooper Shotgun Uninjured
4.   Rod Saglimben Trooper Shotgun Uninjured
5.   Laurinda Burrel Trooper Shotgun Uninjured

After the medicae confirms that he won't die, you start a quick interrogation. Stripping his helmet and mask, you keep him lying on the ground with your sabre across his throat. You take notice of his equipment, a combination of heavy-duty mining gear, civilian clothing, and PDF stock. The armour that stopped your lasfire is a re-appropriated safety carapace, designed to stop falling rocks or machinery from crushing internal organs. The headgear is similarly designed to stop debris, but also effective against weaponry. He also had a full breathing mask, presumably to stop dust and noxious gasses. The lasguns that they were reaching for are obviously supplied by the traitorous PDF.

"Bad news, scum. That tingling feeling is thermal shock. Your internal organs are scrambled, and your blood is changing its chemical balance as we speak. Now, you can either spill your guts and take the next ride out to a planetside hospital, or lie here for a few hours as your body shuts down."

There's a long silence. You break it along with his left hand, using your boot. He cooperates.
(Prisoner's dialogue paraphrased due to excessive screaming and begging for mercy)

"Better. Question one: Is Ollious Jorgan in this area?" (pointing to suspected map location)
The traitor says yes.
"Have the most of the forces in this sector already been sent to counter the other attacks?"
The traitor says yes.
"Are there any loyal PDF or civilians imprisoned in this area?" (pointing to suspected map location)
The traitor says yes.
"Are there any heavy weapon emplacements, traps or other surprises between us and Ollious Jorgan?"
The traitor admits that some heavy mining lasers have been set up as stationary emplacements.

"Excellent. You have earned my mercy, and the Emperor's. Go to him with a heart free of guilt."

You execute him with a shot to the head.

"We should get going quick-smart, sir" Mergen says, hefting his grenade launcher. "The longer we're here, the worse things are going to get. The prisoners are out of the way, but not terribly so. They're bound to be guarded, and that gives more time for our target to escape or prepare defenses. Getting some extra hands to join us can't be a bad thing though, and I can't say what these dogs will do to them once we extract."

R28 - Ollious Jorgan
N6 - Prisoners
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 02:52:50 am by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile

Heavy mining lasers? Things are as powerful as a Lascannon, but they don't got the range.

Getting more men is always a good idea, so let's rescue those prisoners! Well, if they aren't tortured, maimed, wounded, mauled or similarly incapacitated.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

i got rogue trader ;) wich mean SPACESHIPS RULZ.
also, next time we NEED a hand bombard (a shotgun pistol :P) this make the difference between:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

More constructively, I suspect mining lasers to most likely cover corridors H28 and R23. expect opposition from H31, I6, M13 and R28.

Prisonners can wait. it's not like they are useful.

course of action: F17, F22 (kill!), L22, J25, beware the laser, frag the M28 and take cover to gunfight the bad guys on R28.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, of course a laspistol is slightly undergunned for our needs. Salvage and looting is an honoured battlefield pastime, not to mention the traditional presentation of a bolt pistol on graduating to Commissar-hood.

Remember, the prisoners likely consist of loyal PDF, who could add significantly to your firepower. They might also have intel and local knowledge. Then again, they're not your primary objective.

Intermission

While you deliberate your next course of action, your commbead crackles to life.

"This is Calystian PDF to any loyalists in Hab Block 186! We are under fire in grid M13, the Minos Delight Shopping Plaza! We were attempting to link up with liberating forces in Hab Block 174, but have been pinned down and request immediate support. Repeat, this is Calystian PDF...

The vox operator shrugs at you, "No point responding, it's on an automated loop. It is coming from M13 though, I can confirm that."

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

loyal PDF? this change all! or not. I thought it was civilians. must have misread.

about teh radio:
automated loop + "under fire" + long corridors = do someone wanna be Ackbar'd?
It's a trap!
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 68