Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 68

Author Topic: Commissar Quest - Apparently flak armour isn't very good  (Read 82078 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Commissar Quest - Apparently flak armour isn't very good
« Reply #825 on: April 30, 2012, 05:49:47 pm »

Its obviously something near a Daemon Incursion which is far more pressing then our normal duties :D

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 30, 2012, 05:54:06 pm »

just bring a flamer and the rest of the demon hunting gear as a way we can live through the demons if there are any
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 30, 2012, 06:51:17 pm »

Okay, I know you're metagaming and all, but just try to think about it. IG, we have naught, but a few guardsmen feeling sick. If we rush in with a squad, Shade-O will decide it was just the air conditioning, and we'll feel stupid. Better ask a few men to sleep away, to check if it's location-based, and bunk there for one night.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 30, 2012, 06:52:13 pm »

Okay, I know you're metagaming and all, but just try to think about it. IG, we have naught, but a few guardsmen feeling sick. If we rush in with a squad, Shade-O will decide it was just the air conditioning, and we'll feel stupid. Better ask a few men to sleep away, to check if it's location-based, and bunk there for one night.
I support this course of action.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 30, 2012, 07:54:38 pm »

Same here.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #830 on: April 30, 2012, 08:00:00 pm »

I dunno, he might be trickier than that. Maybe if we run  in, the demon won't make an appearance, and will manipulate the crew to embarrass us, and in the long term, discredit us, and through us, the authority of the Imperium, and so corrupt the crew.

Regardless, let's take sheb's approach.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 30, 2012, 09:16:14 pm »

All hail the sheb of shebs.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 30, 2012, 09:37:30 pm »

Yep, Sheb is usually pretty damn smart with these sort of things. I was sure that I remember him in some kingdom based game, but I forget which one he rocked in. Maybe all of them??  ???

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 30, 2012, 09:47:05 pm »

I don't retroactively change the plot and events to make things harder, what do you take me for? Some sort of cruel chaos god of deceit and schemes?

Of course, I could have initially set things up so that every choice ends up being a horrifying yet plausible disaster. (I am not that smart)
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 30, 2012, 10:09:50 pm »

Same here.

Still going with Sheb's idea.  :P

Plot is flexible, we care about our troops.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 01, 2012, 06:44:49 am »

Shade-O, you're a GM. GM are mean bastards, gods of cruelty and sadism. I know, I am one. :p

Oh, and don't forget to take your weapons with you when you go to sleep. And sleep with all your clothes (and boots) on, you want to be able to act quickly.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 01, 2012, 06:47:28 am »

Shade-O, you're a GM. GM are mean bastards, gods of cruelty and sadism. I know, I am one. :p

Oh, and don't forget to take your weapons with you when you go to sleep. And sleep with all your clothes (and boots) on, you want to be able to act quickly.

+1
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile

-=-Dead Space-=-
High orbit
Part 5

This situation must be handled with delicacy and tact, so you decide to sleep the 'night' in the allegedly haunted barracks, and get a squad temporarily reassigned to a disused storage compartment as a control group. They're happy enough to sleep somewhere else, and to be honest a storage bay is about as comfortable. Hopefully by the time you have to explain these strange actions to Jamaal you'll have this all figured out.

As you have firmly embedded yourself in the command loop you also get updated on the ship status. The warp drive is scheduled to be offline for a while yet, with maintenance more extensive than anticipated. You're not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

You pick a bunk in a corner, allowing you to view the whole room at once and preventing sneak attacks from two directions. Although you can't quite identify it, you can feel a very subtle unease in the room. There isn't any obvious source of it though, and none of the guardsmen can offer anything solid in the way of guesswork. Maybe it's the air conditioning?

---

You experience a night of odd and confusing dreams. No daemons or malicious horrors from beyond the warp, but lots of discordant sounds, swirling colours and unidentifiable sensations. You wake with a headache and the feeling that very little rest was gained, though sleeping in full battledress couldn't have helped.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 02, 2012, 07:17:12 pm »

Looks like something is up. Try our best to get a psychic of some kind to have a look in here and go check on the control group.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 02, 2012, 07:17:59 pm »

We have no psychics yet...
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 68