Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 68

Author Topic: Commissar Quest - Apparently flak armour isn't very good  (Read 82104 times)

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shade-o, that was just mean.

>>:Let the medicae do his job.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile

-=-Party Hard in Hard Vacuum-=-
MEANWHILE, IN SPACE
Part 44

You feel somewhat silly for attacking a medicae who was treating you. Sitting up properly, you give him your sincere apologies and try not to scream from the searing pain present in your abdomen. He quickly departs, leaving you with a regimen of painkillers and antibiotics and warning you not to overexert yourself.

Looking around more carefully, you note that you are not in fact lying on a bloody battlefield, but rather on a vaguely comfortable bed in a vaguely clean infirmary. Everything is painted an off-white stained yellow, or possibly yellow stained white. Your wounds have been expertly attended to and your Commissar regalia is neatly stacked next to the bunk, clean of blood and gore.

In every direction lie more beds filled with injured crew. Many are permanently missing body parts. You suppose they'll have to get bionics somehow, or find another profession.

You feel it is safe to assume the tyranids have been defeated and your struggle for survival has concluded.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

That was one hell of a party, I'd say. Can we vox the General?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>>:Attempt to vox lord general

>>:Complain about lack of refreshments to be ironic about our situation.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

then inquire on the situation of the battle. Both the one going on with the Lord General, and the one where we nearly fell to our demise.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

MEANWHILE, IN SPACE
Part 45

Wondering has occurred, you grab your comm bead and get in contact with the Lord General. As it turns out, the xeno boarders are almost completely routed and Imperial Navy forces are already hunting down the bioship. The Spirit of Silver is saved.

The Lord General caught and killed his prey, as promised. It seems that he's having the Hive Tyrant stuffed and mounted. No doubt you'll have to witness it next time you visit his office.

After your struggle with the genestealer, the battle continued in bloody fashion. The majority of the crew were torn apart, along with two stormtroopers. The rest managed to keep fighting till no xenos remained, then evacuated you and the rest of the wounded.

The Lord General mentions that a number of Munitorum clerks and Adeptus Mechanicus techpriests were impressed by the action on board. To that end they're distributing wargear and offering equipment maintenance beyond that which would be normally available.

Go to loot?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

Go to loot?

Yes, but check in on the stormtroopers first to commend them for their bravery and service.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Go to loot?

Yes, but check in on the stormtroopers first to commend them for their bravery and service.
You mean all survivors.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

Go to loot?

You mean all survivors.

Yes, all the survivors- I think I forgot to include what's left of the crew.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go do what they said! ^

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

MEANWHILE, IN SPACE
Part 46

Frak the medicae, you have Commissar duties, like commending soldiers and acquiring wargear. You hoist yourself to your feet, heroically not thinking about the condition of your wounds. That's what the Emperor created painkillers for, right?

A mildly concerned orderly directs you the ward where the remains of your group are bedded. The handful of surviving crew give a ragged cheer when you make your presence known, and you put on an approving smile, the sort a kind but stern father would give. You stop by each one and give them words of encouragement, letting them know exactly how glorious their sacrifices have been. The three stormtroopers stay apart from the rest, glancing across at you with some measure of respect. They're far more experienced in death and sacrifice, so platitudes and rhetoric from your rookie mouth would likely insult them.

It seems odd how just a few hours ago your biggest concern was how to deal with unpleasant nobility, and now the ship's full of the dead and dying with xeno guts painted on the walls.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You receive the Shotgun and Harness regardless, then pick any five items or upgrades. If a particular item or modification you want isn't available, you might be able to request it specifically.

Imperial Navy Combat Shotgun
“Property Spirit of Silver”
A high-quality shotgun, used by Imperial Navy battalions in boarding combat. Due to its effectiveness it has been widely disseminated among private vessels. This one has numerous small modifications to its design, implying a former owner who was both attentive and capable.

Munitorum Utility Harness
Advanced combat webbing, allowing the wearer to carry additional weapons and munitions into battle without affecting mobility.

Spoiler: Ranged Weapons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Melee Weapons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accessories (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Experimental Weapons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Armour Upgrades (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Melee Upgrades (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ranged Upgrades (click to show/hide)

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I say we take the dueling gauntlets, aquila shoulderpads, inscription of resilience, ceramite reinforcement, a lightweight frame for our chainsword, and the advanced cooling cells for our laspistol.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

I approve of the shoulderpads, the ceramite reinforcement and the lightweight frame for our chainsword, but I say that we take the Regimental Hotshot Laspistol and either the Light Nanoweave Underlay or Ablative Plates. I'm leaning to the Ablative plates personally, since that will lessen impact from bullets, fists, charging tyranids etc.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Notes:

The free Munitorum Harness lets you carry another weapon of any type (making a max of three), or another three grenades (to a max of five).

The Ablative Plating reduces damage that isn't completely avoided via armour rating, so any hits that do damage do a little less. An extra-tough enemy like a Space Marine or Nob might ignore all or most of the damage you deal, no matter how well you hit it. To get through to a significant extent you need a weapon that properly penetrates armour, such as a Krak grenade, Hotshot Laspistol, Boltpistol, or even a souped-up Chainsword.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 68