Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 68

Author Topic: Commissar Quest - Apparently flak armour isn't very good  (Read 82105 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Shouldn't we just say we may be dead? If we tell him we may be infected that could bite us in the arse later if it was actually true, and we survive.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

What the hell do you mean infected? Tyranids don't infect people, they tear them apart and eat them! It's their structures and spore mines that infect people, if at all.

Rally the survivors immediately, have the engineers do a quick scan for the direction and numbers of the incoming 'nids and prepare for defense!

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They have genestealers, they can implant people and make them part of the hivemind. Infect was probably the wrong word to use though.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

We shall do our final service for the Emperor if this is lethal.

Lead the way back after completing the primary and now, secondary objectives. Be the pointman with that blade.

Instill fervor and bravery in the rest.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile

Genestealers COME OUT OF THE WALLS
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

While the engineers perform their scan, organize the people in a cricle in the center of the room, as far from any likely point of entry as possible (Yes, points of entry include walls, ceiling and floor.) Put the unchecked survivors right in front of you, so you can bolt them down if they start acting funny.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

^This
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-=-Party Hard in Hard Vacuum-=-
MEANWHILE, IN SPACE
Part 43
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Rally! The enemy approaches!" you yell, waving your still glowing laspistol about in an authoritative manner. You manage to get the rabble somewhat organised, facing outwards to wherever the threat may emerge. The handful of unchecked survivors are disarmed and placed under your watch, but none of them are anything other than scared and confused. At least none of them are wrapped in explosives.

When the genestealers emerge, they do so with more ferocity than you had thought possible. They are maddened with anger and hunger, with a large group of prey right in front of them. They bound from around corners, tear through vent covers, and leap from recessed shadows. Thankfully none of those striking from the ceiling are directly above you, instead landing among the shocked crewmembers.

They move with blurred speed, so fast that even those that have to close the distance in the open are barely glimpsed. The crew fight back, naturally. Shotguns, autoguns, cutting lasers and all manner of improvised weapons are brought to bear, but only one genestealer is destroyed before it turns into a complete melee brawl. In front of you, a suspect crewmember tries to make a break for it. Cowardice or treason, you personally shoot him down.

Your position is relatively safe, at least compared to the rest of the humans. The battle is lit by the stormtrooper's hellguns, pouring steady fire on any genestealers that make themselves vulnerable. Most of them seem content to tear the crewmembers apart, weaving through the mass of humanity in a cloud of blood and gore. You can't even tell how many 'stealers there are, the battle is too chaotic.

One genestealer seems to finally notice you, and makes an astounding leap across the battlefield. Lasfire scores deep gouges across its carapace, but it continues and impacts you in a flurry of bloody limbs that sends you both flying. You attempt to knock it away, but your laspistol barely discourages it and your chainsword can't be brought to bear. It proceeds to stab you a few times, its blades sliding through your flak armour and making your innard sear with pain. It releases its grip to bring down a killing blow, but a volley of lasfire sweeps away the offending limbs. It screams in dissatisfaction and glances back to the stormtrooper detachment, giving you the chance you need. One desperate swing and you cut the 'stealers head off.

Unfortunately, you have lost a lot of blood. Instead of leaping to your feet and slaughtering more xenos, you find yourself floating in a black void. Oh dear.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Well, that can happen when you fight Genestealer I guess.

Recommend our soul to the Emperor.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your soul is now highly recommended.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

Try to keep it together somehow. When and if you regain consciousness rip your Commisar cloak apart and use it as makeshift bandage to keep your innards in. Proceed to stand up and scream the Litany of Fury and some assorted swear words

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

^This

We're not going to die to a few lonely genestealers now, I want to die by ork or carnifex. A propa fight' dat one be!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

^This

We're not going to die to a few lonely genestealers now, I want to die by ork or carnifex. A propa fight' dat one be!

And by ork, I'm going to assume you mean an ork nob or better bigger. Though tyranid warriors wouldn't be bad either.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You rail against the unjust situation. How could a loyal servant of the Emperor be fated to die like this? You have so many things to kill in his name!

With a bestial roar you burst back into consciousness, punching the medicae in the head.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Is the medicae ok?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 68