Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Uplink (And all other Introversion games)  (Read 7496 times)

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uplink (And all other Introversion games)
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2011, 10:37:58 am »

Not sure if this oughta be in a seperate thread, but turns out that after putting Subversion on hold, this is what Introversion has been working on.

More tidbits here.

Could be interesting provided it's complex enough, I'd say.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2011, 11:57:41 am »

Not entierly new, RPS covered it bit ago; but that video is new to me.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2011, 01:03:53 pm »

Not sure if this oughta be in a seperate thread, but turns out that after putting Subversion on hold, this is what Introversion has been working on.

More tidbits here.

Could be interesting provided it's complex enough, I'd say.
I'm certainly buying it, even if all the critics say it's a trainwreck. I'm a huge fan of Introversion.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2011, 12:59:17 am »

yeah, bummed about Subversion, though.  I'm impressed by their raw tallent and vision, but it comes with a certain...

you know what, i'll just shut up now.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2011, 05:02:42 am »

Multiwinia looks like wicked fun, but runs on the slow side on my netbook :(

Defcon is satisfying enough, though. And it's simplicity and graphical paucity makes it easier to get into the gist of the game without being distracted by fancy graphics  and the like.

The key to nuclear warfare is striking first, and being utterly ruthless
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2011, 05:07:16 am »

Multiwinia looks like wicked fun, but runs on the slow side on my netbook :(

Defcon is satisfying enough, though. And it's simplicity and graphical paucity makes it easier to get into the gist of the game without being distracted by fancy graphics  and the like.

The key to nuclear warfare is striking first, and being utterly ruthless

If you have headphones, wear them whenever you play DEFCON. It becomes infinitely more atmospheric and awesome. This is assuming that you have high quality headphones thou, some cheap in-ears won't do probably.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2011, 04:44:41 am »

So it's time I played Uplink again, and this time I managed to destroy Revelation.

Those ungrateful Feds then tried to trace me, so I had to nuke my computer.

Also, ARC has managed to make version 3 of Revelation, so it's able to defeat Faith version 3. But it was never released, and I only had Revelation version 1 in my gateway, so I can't spread revelation on my own, I looked around all of ARC's servers, and there is no copy of Revelation v3, I guess the Feds were thorough in their virus deleting.

Nevertheless, Revelation v1 is a great way to delete a single computer system.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2011, 09:28:52 am »

My Uplink that I got from the Humble Bundle recently is acting weird. Every time that I shut the game off it forgets all my stored user names and passwords (except, interestingly, obsolete admin passwords). It even forgets my username and password for the Uplink Internal Services server. Having to recreate an account for every bank every time I shut the game down is off-putting, to say the least.

Is it supposed to be like this? Does anyone know how to fix it?
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2011, 10:11:50 am »

So it's time I played Uplink again, and this time I managed to destroy Revelation.
Same here but the feds have left me alone. The last story mission is so tense.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2011, 12:03:38 pm »

My Uplink that I got from the Humble Bundle recently is acting weird. Every time that I shut the game off it forgets all my stored user names and passwords (except, interestingly, obsolete admin passwords). It even forgets my username and password for the Uplink Internal Services server. Having to recreate an account for every bank every time I shut the game down is off-putting, to say the least.

Something is wrong with the game trying to save its stuff, probably.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2011, 12:55:30 pm »

Read-only mode on some folder or file, perhaps?

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2011, 04:45:36 pm »

Read-only mode on some folder or file, perhaps?

Well, what do you know. Turns out steam flags all folders of the /steamapps/common folder as read only for whatever reason. Thanks for the help!
Entropy is not what it used to be.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]