Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Uplink (And all other Introversion games)  (Read 7491 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uplink (And all other Introversion games)
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2011, 12:20:47 pm »

that was my main method, but then i started hitting systems that had like 90 second trace times and i wasnt even hacking LANs or banks yet. 

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2011, 12:26:15 pm »

That is one of the more annoying things about the game.

At least you can load your connection map you can double click the node in that map which you want to be regaining admin privileges on. Clicking once removes it, clicking again adds it to the end as your destination. Still tedious but less than if you had to reselect them all.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2011, 01:32:47 pm »

Create a (free) account in all the games banks (just search Internic for "bank") and bounce through those. It'll take longer to trace then just hopping through a system with no credentials of your own.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2011, 01:46:10 pm »

Pretty much that. Also, any computers where you have administrator access, since those are even more effective.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2011, 04:32:15 pm »

I didn't know more systems you have an account on extends trace time. I've been working on a "beat the clock" or race to lvl 5 monitor bypassing everytime I play. (min. 20 public server bounce with a mainframe or 2 added to add another node. Of course, beginning with InterNIC.)

With such a narrow time frame each hack, I have at least learned how to be a speed hacker.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 05:16:57 pm by Itnetlolor »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2011, 05:42:46 pm »

More systems increasing trace time is a logical thing really. The more hoops you have to jump through to get to the end point, the longer its going to take.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2011, 07:29:56 pm »

wow, the bank account thing is actually far better than using ALL the anonymous public access servers in the game.  Also, it allows my map to continue to be readable. nice.

so, does the HUD upgrade make my trace tracker obsolete?  or do i still need the tracker to get an acurate countdown?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2011, 07:37:29 pm »

No it does not. HUD upgrade lets you see how far they are and how many more hops they have between you and them, but Trace tracker v4 gives you a number so you know exactly how long you have left.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2011, 08:39:11 pm »

I would LOVE to buy this pack off of humblebundle... but I don't have a credit card or bank account. My parents also said no. I don't really understand why.... I told them they could buy it for a penny, and then said I would give them $5, and they refused.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2011, 10:50:33 pm »

if it helps your case at all, anything that uses a third party payment system like Google Checkout or Paypal will not suply cardholder information to the merchant.  So if they think that Humble Bundle is a shady or untrustworthy operation for whatever reason, they are still protected by the payment system.

If they think Google or Paypal are untrustworthy, then theres probably not much for it.  On the other hand, they might just not want you playing a game about hacking, or think you need to pay more attention to schoolwork or whatever.  I remember my parents being upset about the adult themes in "Police Quest", and not wanting me to play it.

It was, of course, a paragon of virtue compared to the games available today.  I think the adult themes involved arresting drug dealers, and bailing your ex-girlfriend out of jail for prostitution charges.

Ahh, 1987.  I think I passed some spelling tests thanks to those games.  Clearly, lessons that have long since been lost.

Anyway, back on topic:  How do you do those bank hacks?  I was tracing some funds, and decided to divert them to myself.  I was not being traced, but the bank busted me before I could cover my tracks!  I thought I was being safe and working quickly -- I moved the money first into a shell account that was not registered in my name.  Then I tried to crack the admin access so I could modify the logs, and I was able to get both the Encryption Cypher and the Admin Password -- but I was discovered before I could get the Voice Print.

Whats the deal?  I guess there is no safety in using a shell bank account?  Do I need to crack the admin access (and have it waiting for me) before doing the transfer? 

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2011, 11:15:25 pm »

You need to wipe the account transaction stating the sizable funds left/came into that account. Make the money magically vanish and then reappear in your account/shell account pretty much. Then (quickly) wipe the logs as usual.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 11:19:15 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2011, 12:31:58 am »

wait, by transaction log you mean the one that is available with the account-holder logon?  so you dont need admin access at all?

if so, *headsmack*.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2011, 01:13:43 am »

All you need to do is disable the proxy, and make the adjustment (I suggest log deleter v4). Doing it at the source will slow down the bust; but you'll also have to do the same at your target bank. Afterwards, wipe your tracks at InterNIC. If you're quick enough, you can go Bank 1 transfer then wipe → Bank 2 wipe → InterNIC wipe within a window of 90 seconds.

If you can't bypass proxy (don't have v5 bypasser or lack the means to use it), you can do like I do and before you make the transfer, first break the password, and log out and clean your tracks, log back in, reuse the password you got, and you're 'legally' inside the bank account. get your transaction ready, and before sending off, proxy has it's hold here, and if you lack bypassers, get all the info ready for sending before you crack the proxy. When you feel safe to send, hit 'GO' on the proxy disable program (must be v5 to work; cheap and easy enough to get), it will take it's time, depending on CPU power. I suggest having at least a 200; 2 200 CPUs are better if you have the +1 CPU board to be safer. The process will take between 15-30 seconds to crack. Provided enough bounces and a quick enough CPU, this shouldn't be too much of an issue; racing for bank 2 should be.

Here's what I did with my game. Default/Level 1 rig maxed out. Setup transfer account, started proxy v5 disable, after 10 seconds, I got pinged a notice that I have between 50-80 seconds left before traced, proxy has broke through, 1400000 Cr sent to my Uplink Bank account, just as immediately as I got confirmation (40 seconds left), I jumped straight for statements, delete most recent log, logout ASAFP. Bank 1 safe with 35 seconds to spare.

Bank 2, similar stats, except I started the proxy disable on the password screen as soon as it appeared, similar trace notice/time shown, with (again) similar time remaining, I managed to clear out the receiving end outstanding statement. My bank tracks are covered. Onward to InterNIC; usual cleanup routine. 30 in-game seconds later, I am promoted in rank 4-fold, and I have more than enough cash to replace my TRINITY rig (+ maxing out all hard and software) at least 3 times over.

All this with essentially the POS rig you start with (although maxed out compatible hardware-wise to ensure passage).

* Itnetlolor takes a bow
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 01:26:43 am by Itnetlolor »

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2011, 02:36:35 am »

I *think* if bank 2 is the uplink bank then you don't need to wipe the transaction log there.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2011, 02:59:35 am »

I *think* if bank 2 is the uplink bank then you don't need to wipe the transaction log there.
No, you have to delete the logs of both banks.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5