Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Uplink (And all other Introversion games)  (Read 7510 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uplink (And DEFCON and Darwinia and Multiwinnia)
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2011, 09:09:07 am »

DANG YOU Multiwinia!

Honestly the Darwinia demo was possibly the best Demo I ever played. It felt like a small and fun game with a very interesting story.

Unfortunately Multiwinia ruins it with... what its existance implies.
I started Darwinia, and I played the first stage and was unimpressed. I haven't played more yet, because Uplink is taking my attention.

I like the story more.

That essentially the Darwinians are essentially sentient lifeforms. The problem with Multiwinia is that it sort of is like a videogame based on you being pure EVIL!
This is different from DF... how?

Sort of... drastically different. Darwinia doesn't attempt to simulate life.

It is all in the story.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 09:12:34 am by Neonivek »

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 10:34:31 am »

I've been getting back into Uplink today. The combination of nostalgia and high quality headphones to enjoy the music is making this a very enjoyable game once more.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 04:38:25 pm »

Difference is that in the Darwinia story, the Darwinians are sentient life forms, as opposed to in DF, in which the dorfs are sentient beings...oh, wait.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
Re: Uplink (And all other Introversion games)
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2011, 09:56:05 am »

Aquaria is great, and I haven't even done much of anything in it yet. There's a serious lack of direction, and the mouse is WAY to sensitive in the menus. Other then that, it's great.
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2011, 10:23:06 am »

Aquaria is great, and I haven't even done much of anything in it yet. There's a serious lack of direction, and the mouse is WAY to sensitive in the menus. Other then that, it's great.
It has a few interesting mods as well.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2011, 10:29:18 am »

I FUCKING SUUUUUCK AT UPLINK.

And one of the very first Darvinia missions is already unwinnable because I only have 149 Darvinians alive :/

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2011, 11:21:28 am »

Made the mistake of trying to rob a bank account of it's funds before my computer was ready to do that habitually. Got disavowed by Uplink. :(

Kinda lost some of my magic touch in that game.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2011, 11:24:22 am »

And one of the very first Darvinia missions is already unwinnable because I only have 149 Darvinians alive :/
What, specifically, are you bad at in Uplink? Maybe I can give you pertinent advice.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2011, 11:46:42 am »

I saw that the Humble Bundle had Uplink.

I'd played a pirated version before and loved it, so I bought the game. Hoo-yah.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2011, 11:47:30 am »

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/25/prison-architect-preview/

Man, I love the graphical style they are going with in Prison Architect.  Its simple but looks so good.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2011, 11:57:07 am »

What, specifically, are you bad at in Uplink? Maybe I can give you pertinent advice.

Also you know you can revive Darwinians right? You can collect souls from other programs too.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2011, 12:04:44 pm »

The entire "paying attention to other people tracing yur actions and disconnecting before they can track you"-thing.

Also you know you can revive Darwinians right? You can collect souls from other programs too.
All the other programs are dead and there's nothing there to revive because I only had so many to begin with. The souls of the viruses I deleted usually ascended before I could collect them all.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2011, 12:08:16 pm »

The Trace Tracker usually helps point out how long you have before you need to GTFO, though its much more useful in v.3 or 4.
Also, the InterNIC doesn't track you for breaking into thier admin passworded section, nor do they change said password. Erase your logs from there if you need somewhere to get into quickly.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2011, 12:12:13 pm »

You can reset the level you know right?

Although it seems replaying a level could be pretty boring.... Especially the early levels

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2011, 12:13:44 pm »

I always get the v.4. asap and whoever doesn't bounce from NIC is a moron.
's my not playing any friggin' attention that's the problem (that and deleting logs doesn't help if you are caught in flagranti).

Although it seems replaying a level could be pretty boring.... Especially the early levels
Exactly :V
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5