Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Ranger's Apprentice RTD: Turn 4 - Pain All Around  (Read 21223 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Ranger's Apprentice RTD: Full ! Waiting Lists Open
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2011, 09:19:20 pm »

Do I need to submit a full character sheet, or just a concept, or will I be assigned something?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2011, 09:23:04 pm »

Do I need to submit a full character sheet, or just a concept, or will I be assigned something?
I am just waiting for Firelordsky to send me the stuff I sent him, but if he doesn't send it in another hour, or two I will just remake it, and send it to you.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Ranger's Apprentice RTD: Full ! Waiting List Open (1 Antagonist Slot)
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2011, 09:27:58 pm »

Wait, CVRTD was your first RTD, Serious?

Yep. :D I did some bio-modding on a Naruto forum back in '08, but although I've been a player for about thirteen years I've never actually been a GM until I joined B12. ^^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2011, 09:31:14 pm »

Okay, IronyOwl I sent you the signup PM :)

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2011, 09:47:05 pm »

You could sent it to me when I wasn't playing LoL.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2011, 09:51:52 pm »

Sorry its not like I can see through the internet. I may be a dwarven god, but I don't have control over anything, but ale.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2011, 11:57:05 pm »

LoL is awesome.

Wait, CVRTD was your first RTD, Serious?

Yep. :D I did some bio-modding on a Naruto forum back in '08, but although I've been a player for about thirteen years I've never actually been a GM until I joined B12. ^^^;

Naruto RP. Fun. I actually started my career in RP on a Naruto RP forum >.> good times...

Apologies for the off-topicness. Onto...

Spoiler: My character! (click to show/hide)

How is that? I tried to think of something good for the Bio... but I failed. D:
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2011, 12:16:53 am »

I think the Bio is quite good :) Also I will have the turn tomorrow, but not it is time for sleep. Good night :)

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2011, 12:33:19 am »

I think the Bio is quite good :) Also I will have the turn tomorrow, but not it is time for sleep. Good night :)

Agh, I guess that works. I shall retire for the night as well, weariness is setting in my bones.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ranger's Apprentice RTD: Turn 1 - The Adventure Begins ....
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2011, 10:57:42 am »

Walter Kartan
You awake with a start, and your vision slowly comes into focus until you can see your entire room in the all to dim light of your bedside candle. Looking around you see a chest, a clothes cabinet, and a weapons rack that holds a longsword, a longbow, and a quiver full of goose feather arrows. You groggily stand up, and what happened the previous day finally hits you.

"It seems they are going to sending Walter off to join the Scouts soon, and that he will be leaving us for the eastern border." A Noble had said the previous day, and you had sprinted to your room. There you quickly packed some gear, and placed it in your hiding place, a secret hole behind a loose stone near your chest.  Now all you had to do was escape, but first you needed to burn the files the Book Keeper of the Castle had for your enrollment into the Scouts before it became official.

You stretch your cramped legs, and pace the room quickly before turning to evaluate what there is that would be worthwhile to take. In your clothes cabinet most of the clothes are to flashy, and useless, so instead you grab a black cloak, and fling it on over the peasant clothing you had used numerous times to sneak out of the Castle. Next you went to the floor stone, and, as quietly as possible, you pulled it up, and placed the stone on your right side before pulling out two loaves of bread, a bag of dried meat, and three wine-skins of water.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Malakai Mal'uk
You woke ever, so slowly as the sound of birds chirping, and squirrels rustling through the branches of a tree overhead. The forest slowly stirs into life, and you go with it slowly standing to your feet before plopping down against the comfy seat you had. Taking a look around your camp you see that the weaved wicker, branch, and vine walls you had made were still in their original place. The small fire you had going when you fell asleep barely flickered as only a few red coals remain, and a burning branch here, and there.

Just beside your rough straw bed there is a small cat sleeping on the ground, and just ahead of that is a simple wooden spear made from woven branches that held a spear in place. Suddenly your vision goes black, and slowly brings into your sight a man advancing through the woods. You can't tell any details about him, but you know he is coming your way, and that your wicker screens won't die you from him for very long. Panic starts to rise in your chest, and you reach over, and grab the spear startling the cat, and sending it streaking out of the camp through a small gap in the wicker-works. With that you begin to wonder what you should do, and several minutes later the last remains of the fire finally burnt out, and you were thrown into a dim darkness.

Alana Ivandis
You awake with a jolt as your body hits the damp floor, and your vision turns a hinge of red from the pain before you manage to regain focus, and can finally manage to examine your surroundings. You find you are lying on the damp floor of your cell, and all that is in here is your straw mattress, molding blanket, and a thin pillow. Outside of your cell you can see the guard is passed out, and now you think its time to escape from the jail.

You dash over to your pillow, ans pull out a lock-pick, a small crudely fashioned club, a candle, and a flint, and steel. You quickly pocket what you can, and throw the club over your shoulder kept in place by a thin strap of leather you had pilfered the other day. With that you turn towards the Guard's direction, and swiftly pick the lock from inside your cell before slowly swinging it open. You hear a low creak, and cringe at the sound, but the guard stays asleep, and looking around you see the tunnel is clear in both directions, and the pass near the guard should be as well.

Kevon Guilardi
You are currently across the street from a known Temujai conspirator hangout. The flow of people in, and out has been steady for the past hour, but it seems to be slowing down, and you might want to make your move soon. Behind you are two other orphans like you who have decided to follow you in your adventure to make Araluen safer. Each of you has a knife, and a bow as your equipment as well as black cloaks that are pulled up to obscure your faces.

Your current plan is to sneak across the rooftops, and go in from there taking out anyone who shows the slightest bit of hostility. From the information you got from your informant, all of the people inside are Temujai conspirators, so you should be clear to take all of them out. Now is the time to put the plan into action, and you walk through the dingy alleyways until you are two building down from the tavern, and there you find the ladder set up for your insertion into the tavern.

Agin Isai
You find yourself crouched down inside a bush not far from a castle, whose name you have forgotten. You want to sneak back into the castle, and thus you have came back after several years of stealing through the forest, and surviving on what you could find. Now it was time to steal in take what you need, and set off for a better place, but you need to do, so quickly. You have recently heard rumors of a Ranger in the area, and if you don't act quickly he may well find you before you can escape.

With that in mind you touch the rough short-bow across your back, and the club at your side before slowly sneaking out of the brush, and into a passing crowd. Covered by the large crowd you manage to sneak by the guards, and you break off slinking into the shadows before dashing into a side passage. Now where was it you were going ?

Ian Haelfax
You stand just on the edge of a camp with all your life on your back, you came here after a rumor, and a good one. You had heard a man speak of someone who looked exactly like your Father residing here, and that he was heavily guarded as if he was someone extremely important to the army group. You decided that you would sneak in for yesterday when you tried to walk in, and tell them your reason you got thrown out of the camp.

Now, as darkness fell, and the torches were lit, you slowly slink from shadow to shadow, and make your way towards the tent your Father is said to reside in. You get halfway there when you are forced to hide inside an empty tent as a patrol passes by.

Spoiler: Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:02:31 am by adwarf »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Ranger's Apprentice RTD: Turn 1 - The Adventure Begins ....
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2011, 11:20:07 am »

Alana smirked. The Guards were always so tired...yes, she had been so quiet over the last week, not making a sound. Not like those fools who banged on their cages twenty four hours a day.

She had been so very quiet, the Guard had decided he could sleep in peace-Alana wouldn't cause no trouble, nope. He was...mostly right...if everything went according to plan, he would be asleep for even longer. And if they caught her, so what? she would try to escape again. Alana was an odd sort-she had no faith or hope in a traditional sense, but she was supremely confident in herself and her own skills. Simply put, Alana believed she was the best of the best. No one better.

Action: Lift the keys from the sleeping guard if he has them. Club him over the head if he starts to wake up...

Then move toward the smell of fresh air and a view of real light quietly.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2011, 11:45:59 am »

Not wishing to take any chances, due to his sour relationships, Malakai immediately breaks camp. He will move to any potential high ground, to await this man.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2011, 11:57:20 am »

Can I ask about the organization of the campsite? Like how are the tents arranged?
Raggle Fraggle

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2011, 12:01:50 pm »

Can I ask about the organization of the campsite? Like how are the tents arranged?
The tents are arranged in rings with fortifications between each ring as well as more sentries, and patrols.

You are in the first ring out of eight.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2011, 12:13:11 pm »

And its easy to assume that my Father is in one of the center rings?
Raggle Fraggle
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17