Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: Ranger's Apprentice RTD: Turn 4 - Pain All Around  (Read 21190 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ranger's Apprentice RTD: Turn 2 - Thats got to Hurt
« Reply #150 on: November 27, 2011, 03:29:20 pm »

Walter Kartan
You remember them talking about the record being kept in Frank's, the old nutcase who helps run things around here, room. With that you dash out of your room, and sweep down the stairs arriving at the third landing down you reach the hall that will lead you towards Frank's room, but peeking around the corner you spot three guards sitting at a table drinking, and playing cards. The smell of alcohol reaches your nostrils, and you realize these guards must have been drinking for hours. If they see you they might be, so drunk they shoot first, and ask questions later.

The hall is evenly lit, but there are still shadows here, and there all across its length, but even the shadows are slightly lit making slinking pas the guards a difficult action. Of course you could slink by, and risk getting shot, or you could try to talk your way by, and risk getting sent back to your room.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Malakai Mal'uk
You quickly break camp, throwing dirt on the fire, but in your haste you forgot to take care, and a giant puff of smoke sets off up into the air. With that you run to the wall, and slowly peel the wickerwork wall open, and slip out. You turn, and reseal the wall before slowly slinking towards a nearby hill. You feel the person growing closer, and closer by the second as if he could run full speed, and not disturb a leaf on the ground.

You make it halfway there before you notice a slight cracking, the familiar sound of opening the wickerwork wall, and realize he isn't much more than five minutes behind you. You sit with your back against a tree hiding in its deep shadows, but you doubt even the darkest of shadows would hide you from that man.

Alana Ivandis
You make to move towards the guard, but as you take the first step you trip on thin air, and go sliding across the floor knocking into the table, and sending drink,and food everywhere, mostly on you though. Looking up you see the guard is still resting fitfully, and that he only turned slightly at the massive amount of noise you just made.

Reaching up you swipe the keys from his belt, and stand up once more. Taking a quick look around you see food covering the floor, and several wineskins as well.

Kevon Guilardi
You, and your friends, Jakob, and Henry, dash across the rooftops making, so little noise that anyone who heard it would think it was simply a group of mice. When you finally reach the tavern you look through one of the windows, and spot a good fifty, or so of the Temujai conspirators, and there are sure to be more spread through the rest of the tavern. Heading to the top of the roof you find a hatch that leads down into the attic of the four story building.

Now was your time to decide a plan, or just barge in if you wished, so.

Agin Isai
You begin to climb the wall, and its good going for most of the way until you grasp a stone that had not been smoothed properly, and it cut your palm all over. Ignoring the pain you climb the rest of the wall, and just as your hand touches the top of the wall you are pulled over the side, and thrown roughly to the ground. As you hit the hard stone you hear a sharp crack, and a massive flare of pain covers your right side.

Looking up you find yourself face to face with a guard who happens to be holding a loaded crossbow towards your head.

Ian Haelfax
You peek out of the tent flap, and find the guards had finally passed. With them gone you choose the best plan of action, and walk to the back of the tent where your brace yourself against a low wooden pole. Suddenly you set of at a run sprinting at such speed that the shadows simply seemed to pass over you as you ran through the darkness. As you ran you left no sign behind you, and made no sound, but you completely forgot the path you had taken.

As you came to your senses, and stopped behind a low dirt wall to take a deep breath you found you had bypassed three rings completely, and where now in the fifth ring. Most of the guards where elsewhere, and the one that was nearest you was a good thirty feet to your left, and leaning on his spear looking the opposite direction.

Spoiler: Note (click to show/hide)

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Ranger's Apprentice RTD: Turn 1 - The Adventure Begins ....
« Reply #151 on: November 27, 2011, 03:37:27 pm »

Malakai will attempt to fortify his current position, in hopes of...Delaying this intruder, using whatever he can find.

Oh gods. It's probably a demon, isn't it? Some horrid Eldritch abomination, seeking the succulent flesh of a poor mortal?

Also: Yay! Turn two. This shall be a great day, I know it!

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ranger's Apprentice RTD: Turn 2 - Thats got to Hurt
« Reply #152 on: November 27, 2011, 03:51:50 pm »

"Alright mates let's do this." Kevon, Henry, and Jakob drawn their knifes and infiltrate through the attic.
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 27, 2011, 05:58:08 pm »

Alana wasn't so hungry she would waste time scouring the floor-there would be plenty of good meals waiting for on the surface-so, she kept moving. The guard was still asleep, perhaps in a food induced coma...or drugged? If so, she was insulted the Rangers thought she needed the help. Previous mishap nonwithstanding!

Action: Pick up a wineskin (don't drink from it) and make my way out of the prison. Unlock the doors of other prisoners if I see them, and I think I can trust them.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 27, 2011, 06:18:10 pm »

"Rrgh.. I suppose it would be too late to talk? ...Try not to get shot.

Do I have to wait till the next turn for conversation?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 27, 2011, 06:19:45 pm »

"Rrgh.. I suppose it would be too late to talk? ...Try not to get shot.

Do I have to wait till the next turn for conversation?
Nope just say what you want, and I will reply (If I am online of course :) )

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 27, 2011, 07:29:34 pm »

Use a cunning plan to get past them!

In other words, find some way to make an inconspicous noise, but one the Guards would have to investigate, wait for them to pass and move on. With them having been drinking for so long their vision will be impaired and their senses whacked, so it should be child's play to slip past them if they are focused on my distraction noise.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 27, 2011, 08:05:43 pm »

Then reply to whatI just said >.>

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 27, 2011, 08:20:16 pm »

Sheesh give me two hours would ya ?

"Tat sounds about right ya thieving git. Why in bloody 'ell would you try to sneak in here ?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 27, 2011, 08:45:10 pm »

"...I was afraid noone would remember me. ...That seems to have been an accurate prediction."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 27, 2011, 08:51:29 pm »

"Ehhh ... what was that ? Should we know you ?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 27, 2011, 10:23:22 pm »

"I lived here a while ago. Got apprenticed to a woodcutter. He was an abusive bastard though, so I just up and left. Lived in the wild for a few years before I decided that it wasn't working out."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 27, 2011, 10:44:46 pm »

"Well that changes things. Now just give me a sec here ..." as the guard reaches to grab something from his pocket there is as sudden flash of movement, and shot of pain. You think he may have just hit you in the face with the butt of his crossbow

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 27, 2011, 10:49:11 pm »

"...If that's the way you're going to do it..." Change action to run the h!@# away.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 27, 2011, 10:49:51 pm »

You can't your unconscious
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17