Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Humble Bundles  (Read 5872 times)

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Bundles
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2011, 10:52:34 am »

Simple solution to that, Shades: clear all the logs while you're in InterNIC (preferably with Log Deleter 3 or 4) except for a log of you accessing the place. You came, you left. Nothing to see here, move along.
The AI simply doesn't do time matching. Just delete the appropriate logs of password authentication and bouncing, and you're scot free.

And then it's obvious who cleaned the connection log as only one user was likely there just after your connection time.

I tend to clean multiple consecutive hops which is very hard to trace. I don't know how good the AI time matching stuff is though.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2011, 03:23:15 pm »

Dredmor added to bundle.

Greatest Bundle ever? Yes.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2011, 08:27:38 am »

I was very happily surprised by the sudden addition of Dungeons of Dredmor.  And not even just any Dungeons of Dredmor, it's apparently the newest update before anyone else gets it. (Only if you download it standalone though, the Steam version is still the old version.  You can download it and then copy everything into the proper Steam folder to get the updated version in your Steam library)

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2011, 08:35:17 am »

I love me some rougelikes.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2011, 09:09:17 am »

I guess I need to give it a second try... I really didn't enjoy it. So slowww, and barely any tactics except 1 or 2 rooms eventually, after much grinding!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2011, 09:32:49 am »

Darn. I already owned it! :(

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2011, 12:43:17 pm »

I was very happily surprised by the sudden addition of Dungeons of Dredmor.  And not even just any Dungeons of Dredmor, it's apparently the newest update before anyone else gets it. (Only if you download it standalone though, the Steam version is still the old version.  You can download it and then copy everything into the proper Steam folder to get the updated version in your Steam library)

Is that the version with lady-hero and the new skills and enemies? That's strange, I thought that version was still be tested.

Is it awesome?

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2011, 12:47:16 pm »

Is it awesome?

It's not massively stable under 64bit ubuntu. Also not as fun as I had hoped, not a bad way to spend my lunch break though.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2011, 12:51:31 pm »

I meant the new version specifically. I bought it at launch :)

Unless that's what you meant. I wouldn't be surprised if the new version wasn't that stable since it's...not really released yet.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2011, 12:56:53 pm »

Unless that's what you meant. I wouldn't be surprised if the new version wasn't that stable since it's...not really released yet.

I've no idea which version it is as it's the only one I played, it's from the bundle though as of today. Is there anything obviously new in the new version? You mention lady-hero and skills, I can confirm you get a male/female choice at the start but I don't know what skills are new or old.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2011, 01:17:18 pm »

Booted up the new version. Additions I noticed:
"No Time to Grind" Option: Smaller floors, same Exp.
Empty spots for up to 16 new skills on the select screen.
Lady-hero.

So yeah. Next update is not the new skills/monsters. That must be for the DLC or something.

Uh...sorry for hijacking and not putting this in the DoD thread :/
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]