Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Humble Bundles  (Read 5866 times)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Bundles
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2011, 06:31:15 pm »

I got the bundle, mostly for DEFCON. (I already have Uplink, and I'll gift my extra copy to whoever wants it)

Also...

Uplink is amazing
Uplink is amazing. Highly underrated if you ask me.
Yepyepyep.
Uplink is one of very few games that has given me a genuine adrenaline rush while playing, and I recommend it heartily.

Read the entirety of this thread and put two and two together. Uplink alone is worth it, skeptics.
Me! I've played the demo, I NEED this game.
I'm having a bit of a battle with Steam tech support over it at the moment.. It will probably go to you if neither of my two friends who I'm considering giving it to want it too badly.

I'm pretty sure Humble Bundles don't let you gift dupes?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2011, 06:33:23 pm »

If anybody wants Aquaria (and maybe crayon physics), I desperately need the good karma.

E: The bonus games are seperate, so you can treat them individually.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2011, 06:35:51 pm »

it says it on the page you get your bundle key on that steam does not give you dupes for HIB games ye already have.

Also, Steam version of Uplink (v1.54) is not most recent one (v1.6), and it seems to have a widescreen bug for me in the steam version.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2011, 06:43:43 pm »

There's nothing keeping you from giving somebody else one of the codes though.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2011, 08:39:55 pm »

I do suggest playing Multiwinia AFTER (or possible Before) you beat Darwinia so it doesn't ruin the game for you.

Given you know... the context of what Multiwinia means for Darwinia.

jmancube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2011, 11:23:17 pm »

I just started a mission in Uplink to root out another hacker, and it may be the most fun puzzle like thing I have ever played. It's like... hard to describe, just get the game.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2011, 01:17:03 am »

I haven't deleted any logs either and I got fined for failing to hack websites, then I accidentally bought the wrong thing and now I'm out of money and I have bad karma. Mayby I should start over...
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2011, 01:32:45 am »

i'm having some trouble figuring out how Uplink works.  It seems to need some fixing:

- it does not tell you what hardware you already have?
- it lets you buy the same software multiple times, wasting your money?
- it lets you buy the same hardware upgrade multiple times, wasting your money?  not sure how extra CPUs work.

STILL have not figured out the multiple hop business.  Does distance matter (like on TV) or just number of hops (like "reality")?  what does clearing the logs on one of your hops do?  is it needed?

If I want to make my traces longer, I'm currently just filtering the InterNIC list for "public access" and hopping through all of them randomly.  So far it seems to be working, but it is tedious as all heck.

What do the banks do?  I can setup shell accounts on multiple banks and take out loans, are those traceable?  Can I just use those to funnel money to my primary account?  Will I need them to launder funds at some later point in the game?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2011, 02:07:26 am »

Both distance and number of hops matter. You want to go through internic first, because you can erase your logs there.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2011, 02:14:50 am »

I got the bundle, mostly for DEFCON. (I already have Uplink, and I'll gift my extra copy to whoever wants it)

Also...

Uplink is amazing
Uplink is amazing. Highly underrated if you ask me.
Yepyepyep.
Uplink is one of very few games that has given me a genuine adrenaline rush while playing, and I recommend it heartily.

Read the entirety of this thread and put two and two together. Uplink alone is worth it, skeptics.
Me! I've played the demo, I NEED this game.
I'm having a bit of a battle with Steam tech support over it at the moment.. It will probably go to you if neither of my two friends who I'm considering giving it to want it too badly.

I'm pretty sure Humble Bundles don't let you gift dupes?
As I found out via Steam tech support. Looks like my 'spare' isn't being to anyone.

As for all of you with Uplink questions, PM me and I'll answer promptly. I don't want to hijack this into an Uplink tech support/glorification thread.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2011, 02:16:56 am »

(Or we could make an Uplink thread. Just a thought.)
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2011, 02:21:34 am »

(Or we could make an Uplink thread. Just a thought.)
Sure, I'll do that now.
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2011, 02:46:24 am »

Damn it - wasn't planning on spending any more money. Now I did. Ugh.

I'm blaming you guys :)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2011, 08:28:10 am »

Uplink still has one major flaw IF what I heard is correct

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2011, 09:25:55 am »

Uplink still has one major flaw IF what I heard is correct

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Where the heck did you hear that? That's 100% BS. Yes there will always be some risk, but if you get caught it's explicitly your own fault.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6