Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Humble Bundles  (Read 5867 times)

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Bundles
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2011, 10:34:17 am »

I got the bundle, mostly for DEFCON. (I already have Uplink, and I'll gift my extra copy to whoever wants it)

Also...

Uplink is amazing
Uplink is amazing. Highly underrated if you ask me.
Yepyepyep.
Uplink is one of very few games that has given me a genuine adrenaline rush while playing, and I recommend it heartily.

Read the entirety of this thread and put two and two together. Uplink alone is worth it, skeptics.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2011, 10:48:06 am »

Uplink is awesome.

Hint: don't rob a bank (except for a client). Once you get the right software and master the "technique" (it's quite easy actually but they track you like a foxhound on adrenaline, so you must be fast like the mongoose on crystal meth). It makes the game too easy, and a bit boring, and makes it so that you don't even have a reason to take jobs anymore except for the main "questline". I know, I did it all the time!

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2011, 10:59:51 am »

The city generator tech demo is actually very cool, I think.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2011, 11:09:17 am »

Darwinia alone is worth the price. Aquaria is worth the minimum.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2011, 11:37:19 am »

Darwinia alone is worth the price. Aquaria is worth the minimum.

I have to admit Darwinia is a game that actually has an interesting story philosophically.

Why OH WHY it was turned into a cruddy strategy game later on is beyond me. In fact it goes ENTIRELY against the entire point of the original game and represents a horrible dark turn of events.

It is one of the few spin-offs/Sequels that actually manage to make the original worse just by existing.

OHH DANG!!! Multiwinia IS in the bundle. It somehow makes the entire bundle seem worse even though you don't even have to play it.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:42:24 am by Neonivek »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2011, 12:17:11 pm »

You can pay what you want and you get an extra game you don't like? The horror! Bundle ruined!

You really need to reel in your bitterness. There's no reason to complain when you can give and take exactly what you want from this bundle, especially when Multiwinia doesn't adversely affect the bundle in ANY way.

I somehow think this is more of a overreaction.

I am only stating that I REALLY dislike Multiwinia and find that its existance actually adversely affects not only the integrity of the original Darwinia but that it makes the Bundle less then what it would be without it.

I am not crying, kicking, and screaming on the ground and saying that everything is ruined because Multiwinia is around. I am saying "I dislike Multiwinia a lot".

HECK I finished the post and THEN found out Multiwinia was in the bundle. Then I edited my post.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2011, 12:40:03 pm »

I have to say that even though I know nothing of multiwinia or darwinia I do believe that the sole existance of some game can turn other games into worse. Let me explain, if you mind my offtopicness.

My friend wanted gothic 3 and went to store where he had 2 options:
-buy gothic 3.
-buy gothic 3 + Dungeon Lords, that was being sold in 2 games in 1 package.

Lone G3 was more expensive than G3 + DL package, and I think there's good answer why.
After some serious playtesting in our small lan party (located in sauna that belonged to parents of one of our friends, none the less) we experienced a game so horribly bad and buggy that we understood that the store where they sold the G3 + DL pack had not made mistake with the pricing. They sold G3 + DL package cheaper than sole G3 because Dungeon lords is so horribly bad game that nobody would take it unless being paid.

#totallyserious

EDIT: Bought it, I think I'll try Uplink first.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 12:47:35 pm by Johuotar »
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2011, 04:49:40 pm »

I got the bundle, mostly for DEFCON. (I already have Uplink, and I'll gift my extra copy to whoever wants it)

Also...

Uplink is amazing
Yepyepyep.
Uplink is one of very few games that has given me a genuine adrenaline rush while playing, and I recommend it heartily.

Read the entirety of this thread and put two and two together. Uplink alone is worth it, skeptics.
Me! I've played the demo, I NEED this game.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2011, 04:52:26 pm »

BLARGH WHY CAN'T PEOPLE IN THIS FAMILY BE RESPONSIBLE WITH THEIR MONEY NOW I'M THE ONLY ONE WITH ANY ON THEIR BANK ACCOUNT BUT I DON'T HAVE A DEBIT CARD OR PAYPAL ACCOUNT.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2011, 05:27:36 pm »

Also...

Uplink is amazing
Yepyepyep.

Me! I've played the demo, I NEED this game.
I'm having a bit of a battle with Steam tech support over it at the moment.. It will probably go to you if neither of my two friends who I'm considering giving it to want it too badly.
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2011, 05:28:41 pm »

I'd ask for it too, but I'm hammering on someone to get the full set :P
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2011, 05:29:07 pm »

DEFCOM is awesome! About the Uplink level of awesome! And I hear Darwinia is awesome, so I'll give that a try soon.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2011, 05:51:20 pm »

Uplink is a genuine rush - It's a game that actually makes you think, and it's not one of those "gotcha" puzzle games where you only get it if you're a professional riddler. It's all logic, memory, and speed, and you feel satisfied once you've completed a task. Very few games can do that.

I can't wait to get further on in it, but I only just realized that I may be in trouble because I haven't been deleting logs on the computers I've been hacking. Luckily, I've been hacking low-end companies through a government computer, but it still freaks me out. Very few games can do that, either.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2011, 05:54:25 pm »

I couldn't really get into uplink.  All the text seemed so small and I found it a pain to be whipping around my mouse across the screen all the time.  It needed some keyboard shortcuts or something.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've really enjoyed any of Introversion's games.  I have high hopes for Prison Architect though.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2011, 06:28:14 pm »

I can't wait to get further on in it, but I only just realized that I may be in trouble because I haven't been deleting logs on the computers I've been hacking. Luckily, I've been hacking low-end companies through a government computer, but it still freaks me out. Very few games can do that, either.

That's why your first hop should be Internic. Then you just have remember to prune its log completely every so often :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6