Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Two suggestions.  (Read 410 times)

slapdash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Two suggestions.
« on: November 22, 2011, 01:11:34 pm »

Here are my two suggestions and I admit I have not looked at all the suggestions to know if mine have been given before, so please excuse me if they have.

Summary of #1: Smoke industry. Add a plant or two that you can grow and smoke.
Cont. You could even zone off smoking areas that if not properly ventilated (like have at least one square open to above ground) cause sickness. Build stone ashtrays perhaps to help the designation of said rooms. The fun would be if a Dwarf brought booze into the smoke room, and even more fun would be to bring a smoke in the booze room. Of course Devs discretion on anything smokable above something tobacco like. ;) You could also make a workshop for cigar rolling/harvet drying etc.

Summary of #2: Bathhouse. Make a zoneable bath house where Dwarfs can become happy from bathing.
Cont. I would be super sweet to be able to make a bathhouse room where Dwarfs can go to relax/bathe. It would work best it you were forced to put more effort into making it so having little channeled baths in a room then to make it "work" you would need a layer of magma one z-level down from the channeled baths floor for steamy hot Dwarf action.

That's it. Thanks for reading.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
Re: Two suggestions.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 11:49:10 pm »

Summary of #1: Smoke industry.
Many employers now don't hire smokers, because of the insurance company they have, forcing profitable lifestyles on its workforce.  Now I know this is a game, but its nothing I want.  *thumbs down*  Hard enough to talk about killing and elfs at work, without people thinking your either a terrorist or a fruit loop with a fairy complex.  Smoking is good in games with graphics.

Summary of #2: Bathhouse.
I'd prefer not to think about unclothed dwarfs.  Ha!  Thats not to say, I don't agree with you, slapdash.  *thumbs up*  Game definitely needs a more skill specific features, like a swimming pool toggle on pool activity zones.  It would go hand in hand with the skill to teach swimming.  Maybe generating sad and happy thoughts.  Not everyone likes to be seen in their skivvies.

Sincerley,
Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.