Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - LoZ fans, anyone?  (Read 7578 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - LoZ fans, anyone?
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2011, 11:56:27 pm »

How's the side-quests looking?  Is this a OOT situation where you can run around and help deformed spiderman and get a biggoron sword and everything, or is the TP where you take a 20 hour walk down a straight hallway?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2011, 11:59:16 pm »

Uh I haven't gotten very far but I know the main sidequest (as in the one that gets you wallets) involves doing smaller sidequests which gives you these crystals as a reward that you bring back to this demon guy.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2011, 12:16:15 am »

That means nothing to me, you understand, as I haven't played and have no idea what you're talking about.  So "yes there are plenty of interesting side-quests and bonus areas" or "no, prepare to rent the game, play it once, and be done."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2011, 12:21:01 am »

That means nothing to me, you understand, as I haven't played and have no idea what you're talking about.  So "yes there are plenty of interesting side-quests and bonus areas" or "no, prepare to rent the game, play it once, and be done."

I'm not too far in. There appear to be a few sidequests, but I'm not quite sure how multitudinous they are.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2011, 12:24:07 am »

One Sidequest I have found is one of those, Find me in the main game and I unlock loot in the Base Hub. Its pretty much a Sidequest you are forced to start too. Mind you I am only 2hrs in...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2011, 01:31:57 am »

Oh, there's also bug collecting.

And there's a bunch of these boxes you find on the surface that can be activated to create a treasure chest in the sky world. Pretty sure that's what Nevyn is talking about. Meaning that we're likely at the exact same point in the game.

ardesh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2011, 02:09:25 am »

The combat and controls are GREAT, especially considering that the Wii is infamous for it's failure of control. Although the wii remote can be a bit finicky as far as targeting when using ranged weaponry such as the slingshot, all you have to do is aim the remote towards the screen before you prepare an item, and this issue ceases to exist. The sword rights itself automatically in combat, and I rarely noticed any problem with swinging it around. It'll pretty much follow your movements without a hitch.
Using the sword to slay your foes is the best part of the game, though.

i cant believe you... there hasnt been a single console that had at least bad controls...

to clarify... i have meant to say... that console controls are so bad... that even the best ones would get something like -2/10

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2011, 03:02:13 am »

Sorry, but that's just not true.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2011, 03:53:38 am »

Maybe if you don't have thumbs.

ardesh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2011, 04:42:07 am »

its mostly something youre used to or not... and i cant stand those fidgety controllers... i prefer mouse and keyboard

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2011, 04:58:46 am »

The controls? Don't get me started on the controls.

They're so good. This sword is just so amazing - basically every single time I think they can't get more creative with ways to make me use the sword versatility, they go and get more creative with it. It starts out where there's an enemy that is randomly either weak to horizontal strikes or vertical ones. Then there's an enemy that's more complicated - you have to knock it around in a certain direction to get it to show its weak spot.

They're so responsive, this is everything I ever wanted to be able to do with a wiimote.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2011, 05:04:57 am »

its mostly something youre used to or not... and i cant stand those fidgety controllers... i prefer mouse and keyboard
If you don't like controllers then your argument is very obviously skewed and therefore we laugh at your ignorance.  Console controllers work extremely well if you have any degree of hand-eye coordination.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2011, 08:21:56 am »

if you prefer mouse & keyboard, then why the heck are you in a thread that is very obviously about a console game?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2011, 08:30:43 am »

I'm trying to imagine playing any of the Zelda games with a mouse and keyboard, especially the older top-down ones. It's making my brain blister.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2011, 09:47:01 am »

I'm trying to imagine playing any of the Zelda games with a mouse and keyboard, especially the older top-down ones. It's making my brain blister.
Well, you can play the older ones with a Keyboard... *Points at Emulators and Roms
And you COULD say that Skyward Sword would be compatible with K&M due to movement being on the left hand and sword and eye movement on the right...
But anyway...

@ ardesh
If your using FPS which require both thumbsticks, I could agree with you as I am more compatible with FPS being on Mouse and I hate the Lockon or assistant Lock on that most Console FPS have, but LoZ:SS is an Action RPG. It fits the Console only (other then future Emu/Roms) and the control work due to the Motion Sensor Upgrade that most Wii owners have. Its not 1:1 like it promised, but the 1:0.9 is great compared to many other Wii games *looking at that spazm sword game in Wii Resort here*.

Besides, you stated that you don't Own it, or even a Wii as far as we can tell, please stop trolling. Your opinion is yours alone. Its like ME, an Aussie, having an opinion about American Presidents. I can say all I want, but it ain't me that decides...

My current complaint is actually directed at the Wii atm...
WHY YOU NO RECOGNIZE MY Motion Plus Controller!!! I have to start up a normal controller, then reconnect via the Wii Settings Menu to connect the Motion Plus one. And even then there are some small problems. First time round it did now its not, and now flying is a annoying, I have to hang my arm over the chair to go down, the Hand Flickers at the center your controller at the start up... FUCK YOU!!!, and yes, full power batteries, but they are rechargeables.
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4