Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 680343 times)

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Part 24
« Reply #735 on: March 11, 2012, 10:01:21 am »

We should tell him after we are outside the elven lands, and even then we should wait until we're far from anyone else.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 05:42:05 pm by Lord Allagon »
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

MikaTheCrazy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't know why this is my avatar now
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 11, 2012, 02:04:47 pm »

I was thinking that the golem should be make of sticks for limbs and body connected with string/rope.
Okay fine, maybe I'm too lazy to find something to put here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 11, 2012, 07:58:10 pm »

Also, if Omo turns necrocidal, I am a strong proponent of running away...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 11, 2012, 10:03:06 pm »

Also, if Omo turns necrocidal, I am a strong proponent of running away...

probably a good idea. don't want to kill him. we should choose to tell him in a place where we could easily escape him. Though even that might be tough. Though I doubt he would REALLY want to kill us. he might try to, but not super enthusiastically.

MikaTheCrazy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't know why this is my avatar now
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 12, 2012, 09:14:33 am »

We should only tell Omo when we are at least a day away from any settlement  so if he goes to tell someone we will have about two days between us and the necro hunt. Probably more like one and a half since he is a ranger.
Okay fine, maybe I'm too lazy to find something to put here.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 12, 2012, 09:49:44 am »

Quote from: monk
Thanks for the compliment, although I suspect you overestimate my abilities
Nope. Your stuff is really really good, and as soon as my site's Alpha comes out, you are getting an invite and I hope you'll post it there.

* GlyphGryph grumbles something about how that was supposed to be this past weekend, but stupid server problems.

As always, can't wait for the next update.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 12, 2012, 02:50:00 pm »

Something I thought of, in reference to a later plan(Cleanse the Elven Homeland).
Perhaps the curse and indeed the monster/s there are fueled by the growth of things? So, say, a sapling starts growing -> curse saps vitality out of it, killing it and returning power to the curse and perhaps the monsters. Perhaps not.

Also, the main ability we have for combat is...what? We have pretty much no combat ability outside of beating people up with a knife, I think. That's not very helpful.
Perhaps a path of research should be a discretely necromantic ability that, I don't know, steals vitality and then gives it back to a living thing without it leaving the body? Maybe that increases the efficiency. Testing if range is a factor with spells is important - in some canons, spells dissipate, become more expensive or are impossible as range grows.

Just my thoughts.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 12, 2012, 06:28:07 pm »

Something I thought of, in reference to a later plan(Cleanse the Elven Homeland).
Perhaps the curse and indeed the monster/s there are fueled by the growth of things? So, say, a sapling starts growing -> curse saps vitality out of it, killing it and returning power to the curse and perhaps the monsters. Perhaps not.

Also, the main ability we have for combat is...what? We have pretty much no combat ability outside of beating people up with a knife, I think. That's not very helpful.
Perhaps a path of research should be a discretely necromantic ability that, I don't know, steals vitality and then gives it back to a living thing without it leaving the body? Maybe that increases the efficiency. Testing if range is a factor with spells is important - in some canons, spells dissipate, become more expensive or are impossible as range grows.

Just my thoughts.
This.
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 12, 2012, 06:33:37 pm »

I'd argue our steal vitality spell has some potent combat potential.  And we could conceivably create some nasty undead even knowing what we know now.

Also, I wonder... how smart can undead get? Maybe not something we should test so much as research.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 12, 2012, 06:42:36 pm »

Steal vitality can two-shot or three-shot most people, works out to line of sight on anything with a pluse, but is horrifically expensive and slow. Can't rely on us being able to cast it in a fight.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 12, 2012, 06:48:00 pm »

we should try to find a valid attack worthy spell with necromancy, raising dead alone wont be enough.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 12, 2012, 06:59:12 pm »

If we can transform vitality in other forms of energy, we could possibly drain someone's vitality, keep it inside it's body and transform it into thermal energy, or maybe release all at once, making it explode.

Of course, that's all hypothetical to be tested after we are better established.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 12, 2012, 08:21:04 pm »

If we can transform vitality in other forms of energy, we could possibly drain someone's vitality, keep it inside it's body and transform it into thermal energy, or maybe release all at once, making it explode.

Of course, that's all hypothetical to be tested after we are better established.

The vitality bomb! Steal vitality from the undead! put it into a crystal! ask an eagle to drop the crystal above the necromancer's lair! clean up fallout.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 12, 2012, 08:56:43 pm »

The vitality bomb! Steal vitality from the undead! put it into a crystal! ask an eagle to drop the crystal above the necromancer's lair! clean up fallout.
That'd be... quite awesome to tell the truth. XD But I was thinking more of making our enemies into living bombs. :P
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #749 on: March 12, 2012, 09:08:51 pm »

That'd be... quite awesome to tell the truth. XD But I was thinking more of making our enemies into living bombs. :P

even better.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 155