Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Roll to Cross Animals: DEAD  (Read 8987 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 6: NPCs rolls 1's
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2011, 05:35:15 pm »

Quote from: Mathew
"Yes, please."

Mathew was about to enter the Post Office when he thought of something.

"Wait, wasn't it supposed to be the Town Hall were you got registered? I'll go that way first and then I'll come back."

And Mathew walked back towards the Town Hall, ready to begin his life.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 6: NPCs rolls 1's
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2011, 07:18:26 am »

Yoink and Bd need once again to post :I

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 1: Beginnings
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2011, 05:41:25 pm »

Horatio took a few deep, calming breaths, straightening up his clothing and peering out the door of his newly-gained home after his attacker.
Quote from: Horatio
HORATIO
"Good Lord! What the blazes was all th-that about?!" 
Horatio will hunt through his house for a liquor supply, keeping a wary eye out for any further nasty suprises. Whether or not he can calm himself with a few stiff drinks, he will then  leave the house again- it doesn't feel too safe right now anyway- and go see how his friends are settling into this strange town. He'll mutter to himself as he heads out, 

HORATIO
"My my, there is most certainly something not quite right in this place... I just can't quite put my finger on it. I'll go see what the other chaps have to say about it all- although I'd better watch out for that rather frightening raccoon... The things have rather sharp teeth at the best of times, so I've heard!" 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 7: Freeform forgets to change the title
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2011, 09:18:28 pm »

You know what makes people forget to post in your RTD?

Forgetting to change the title.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 8: Horatio gets drunk
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2011, 10:09:09 am »

Autoing Bd for the turn :I

Turn 8
2 PM, Tuesday, May 3rd

Quote from: Bdthemag
Brian knocks on the door, attempting to get directions.
Horatio will hunt through his house for a liquor supply, keeping a wary eye out for any further nasty suprises. Whether or not he can calm himself with a few stiff drinks, he will then  leave the house again- it doesn't feel too safe right now anyway- and go see how his friends are settling into this strange town.
Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
Rick looked around to see if he could see anything that looked like the town hall from here, so he could go there and make arrangements.
And Mathew walked back towards the Town Hall, ready to begin his life.

Spoiler: Player locations (click to show/hide)

Brian knocked on the door of the funny-colored house. At first no one came, so he prepared to leave in a different direction. But, in the span of a minute, the door on the house opened, and a sea lion-looking fellow walked out! Brain spun around to greet him, but the fellow interrupted him.

"Hum? Who is it, blubb?" The sea lion caught Brian's eye. "Oh. I don't know you. Who are you?"

Brian tried to be polite. "Oh, hey! I'm one of the new guys in town. Name's Brian. Who are you?"

"Skyler. Best fisherman in town." Only a minute in and Skyler was already gloating.

"Say," Brian studied Skyler's figure. He was pale blue with funny flower-print clothes. "You wouldn't happen to know where Nook's store is, would you?"

Skyler hit his face with his palm (fin?). "It's over there, blubb." He pointed to the west, and sure enough, Brian had just missed the store.

"Thanks, Skyler! See ya' later!"

Horatio had worked up a sweat. He rummaged blindly through the house for any kind of liquor store, and to his surprise, found a compartment of liquor and other small things under one of the floorboards! He didn't know who stashed the stuff there and he didn't care. He popped the cork off a liquor bottle and downed it in one fell swoop. Thankfully, Horatio could hold his alchohol.

"Good Lord! What the blazes was all th-that about?!" Now that he had regained his composure, he finally came to his senses. Who was that guy? What was that thing!? Oh, he hoped he would never have to encounter them again! Just to be on the safe side, he stumbled out of his house and into the open air.

"My my, there is most certainly something not quite right in this place... I just can't quite put my finger on it. I'll go see what the other chaps have to say about it all- although I'd better watch out for that rather frightening raccoon... The things have rather sharp teeth at the best of times, so I've heard!" Horatio looked around. Richard was passing by. He wanted to tell Richard everything that had happened, but he couldn't. So he just smiled and waved. Well, he tried to smile, at least. Richard waved back, but was clearly in a rush for some reason.

"Yeah, you're right. I should get on that! I'll see you later, Becky. Maybe we can fry these fish then." Richard took Becky's suggestion and called it a day. He followed her across the waterfall bridge, but then they parted paths. He saw Horatio coming out of the previously flickering house. Horatio waved at Richard, but something was not quite right about him. Richard decided not to dwell on it.

Richard walked around a few minutes until he found the town hall. Nearby, Mathew and and white pelican were conversing. Richard stopped and waited on them, and after a minute, they went inside. He followed them in and waited his turn.

"Yes, please!" Mathew couldn't wait to own his own house. How exciting! But wait a minute, he thought. "Wasn't it supposed to be the Town Hall were you got registered? I'll go that way first and then I'll come back."

"Whoa, hold up there!" Pelly stopped him. "This is the Town Hall, but it also functions as a Post Office. Sorry to confuse you! It's sort of a long story, and it involves hard-headed dogs."

"Oh. Well, in that case," Mathew turned back around. "Let's get on with it!"

Mathew followed Pelly inside, where she went behind the counter and presented some papers. Mathew signed them quickly, not even reading over them.

"Here's your town map, Mathew!" Pelly presented him yellowed old map with pictures of the various buildings and other locations on it. "Good luck on getting your house. Come back and see us some time!"

Player List
Spoiler: Brain/Bdthemag (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Horatio/Yoink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mathew/KineseN (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 03:43:50 pm by freeformschooler »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 8: Horatio gets drunk
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2011, 10:31:02 am »

Hooray! Y'know, that's one thing the Animal Crossing games lack: Alchohol. :P
I'll post later today, it's half past 1 in the morning now. I'm loving this RtD, by the way.
Booze is Life for Yoink

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2011, 01:22:02 pm »

"Hey again Mathew!"

Richard said as he got finished with the pelican. He hadn't wanted to bother him until then since he looked busy. Now that it seemed he was done, though, Rick approached the counter himself.

"Hello! I came here with him for much the same thing. I'll be out of your feathers as quickly as possible,"

he said, waiting for the papers to sign and apparently the complementary map that came with them.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2011, 01:53:04 pm »

"Hi to you too, Richard."

Mathew waited until Richard were done with signing the papers.

"I am now a proud owner of a house I've yet seen. I'm going to inspect it right now so I hope you don't mind me walking away."

He looked down on the map and figured out the best way to find his new home.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2011, 04:20:28 pm »

"Oh! Thanks, I'm Brian by the way and I'm new here. Well I have to get to work, see you later!"

Brian then heads to Nook's shop to start his new job!
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2011, 04:21:52 pm »

Still need Yoink to post so we can get this thing rolling!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2011, 08:54:18 am »

HORATIO
"Oh, oh, hello there Richar-- Er. No time for talking, then, I suppose..." 
Horatio frowns a bit, then sighs and heads off to take a look around the town in daylight, asking around (well, asking any non-frightening folk) about a restaurant or similar where he could get a comforting spot of breakfast. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 9: Dialing Anger
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2011, 06:53:32 pm »

Hooray! Everyone posted this time!

Turn 9
4 PM, Tuesday, May 3rd

Quote from: Brian
Brian then heads to Nook's shop to start his new job!
Horatio frowns a bit, then sighs and heads off to take a look around the town in daylight, asking around (well, asking any non-frightening folk) about a restaurant or similar where he could get a comforting spot of breakfast.
Quote from: Richard
"Hello! I came here with him for much the same thing. I'll be out of your feathers as quickly as possible."
He looked down on the map and figured out the best way to find his new home.

Spoiler: Player locations (click to show/hide)

Brian nodded. "Oh! Thanks. Well, I have to get to work, so see you later!" Skyler just shrugged and stood outside his purple-roofed house. As Brian walked to Nook's he looked back and noticed another animal presenting Skyler with a medium-sized fish. The town sure was active during the day.

Brian came upon the entrance to a run-down old wooden shack. On the rickety old door, a sign swung back and forth in the breeze. He bent forward to read it. It said:

"Sorry, I'm currently busy.
Please come back soon!
-Nook"

A leaf was drawn in green ink next to the Nook's name. Brian stood up, and to his surprise, Nook was right next to him.

Nook walked forward and spoke: "Oh, ignore that, hm? You just happened to catch me out for a moment. Had to take care of business, you know? Busy busy!"

Brian could easily imagine that what was probably the only retail store owner in the entire town was indeed a very busy man. He laughed a little at the quick, to-the-point way nook said 'busy busy', though. What an eccentric raccoon.

Nook invited Brian in, so he walked inside first. The inside of Nook's Corner looked a little better than the outside. Various things with price tags attached were situated on tables, including a shovel, wallpaper, and a piece of furniture. He couldn't believe that Nook wasn't out of stock of a single thing. Either he had a lot of extra stuff stored somewhere, or the other villagers didn't buy much, because the nearest town to Mopeville was over three hours away.

Nook quickly donned a blue outfit with the logo of his store on it, and grabbed a similar-looking one from a high-up shelf that Brian hadn't noticed. He handed it to Brian, saying: "Can't greet customers in such rag-tag attire, eh? Change into this before you get started."

Brian donned the blue attire. It was bland, but he couldn't argue with this guy. Nook raised his index finger, signalling him to wait there as he walked outside for a moment. Brian caught a glimpse of him taking out a stylish-looking cell phone as he ran out of the store.

He was a busy man, after all.

"Oh, oh, hello there Richar-- Er. No time for talking, then, I suppose..." Horatio frowned. Richard was apparently in a hurry to get somewhere. He observed the area around him and noticed a very wide house in the distance. He headed up to it and rapped on the door. The door opened before him, and inside was a brown-ish fox wearing a cyan dress and what he presumed to be a yellow wig.

"Hello? What can I do for you?" She leaned on the side of the open doorway.

"Oh, hello. My name is Horatio, and I'm new in town. I-"

"Oh, yes, one of the new ones, tick-tock. It's good to meet you," she said. "I'm Sylvia Nook. Have you met Tom yet?"

Horatio thought about it for a moment. "I don't think so. Why do you a-"

Sylvia couldn't stop interrupting him. "Oh, he's the brown raccoon who owns the store in town. I guess he hasn't sold you a house yet, then. He's my husband, tick-tock, and he's both the local land lord and store owner. You did come to me because you were trying to find your house, right?"

Horatio's heart nearly stopped when he realized that this was the house of the man who had just harassed him and threatened his life for something that wasn't his fault at all.

"I... I say, uh... b-breakfast... restaurant...?" He took a few steps back as he spoke. That was all he could muster.

"Oh, you're looking for the coffee shop, tick-tock. I'm sorry, dear, did I startle you with my forward-ness? I tend to do that sometimes." Sylvia walked out and closed the door behind her. "I was just headed there to get some food. Would you like to join me?"

On one hand, Horatio was terribly frightened. On the other hand, this could be an excellent opportunity to find out a little more about what was going on around here. He had to make a decision.

Richard waved to his yellow-capped friend. "Hey again, Mathew!"

"Hi to you too, Richard." Mathew stepped away from Pelly's desk and waited for Richard to sign the papers Penny quickly laid out for him. He did so them silently, excited to get to his new house. What would it hold? Would it be grand like Becky's? Probably not, but he could hope.

Pelly took the papers and handed him a map when he was done signing them. She wished him a nice day, and quickly went to the back of the Post Office, scrambling for the telephone, as apparently there was not a phone at her desk.

Mathew walked up to Richard. "I am now a proud owner of a house I haven't yet seen. I'm going to inspect it right now so I hope you don't mind me walking away."

"That's OK. I'm probably going to go do the same thing, but I'm not sure yet." Richard walked to the door, opening it for Mathew, who walked out.

Richard lingered for a moment. A dozen or so feet away, he heard Pelly talking on the phone.

"No, please, no more shortages," Pelly sounded exasperated. "I came so close this time. You know we can't keep it up forever. Use the second one if you have to!"

Richard heard someone shouting over the other end. He couldn't make out what they were saying. He didn't feel good about eavesdropping, but the desperation in Pelly's voice had caught his attention. It was probably none of his business, though.

Mathew was excited once again. He looked at his map, then he skipped and trotted to his house, which he hadn't even bought yet. He walked half the length of the town before he reached a yellow-roofed cabin. It was glorious.

He walked inside. No lights were on, but the daylight shone through two dusty windows. There were a bunch of chairs strewn about in various spots, and there was a radio in the corner, with a lamp on a cardboard box nearby.

Mathew noticed that the radio was on, and was broadcasting what sounded like an automated emergency broadcast message. He walked closer, and crouched down to it.

"The Gashes in New York have... growing by the day." It wasn't an emergency broadcast message. It was the world news from the nearest city's station. Due to the distance, there was some static in between the solemn news broadcaster's voice. "As per usual, various citizens... swallowed up by... running into... death count ten thousand and..."

Mathew had no idea what the reporter was talking about. It sounded familiar, though - his parents had been discussing "gashes" and some place called "New York" (which they had told him was from the Old World) before they made the decision to send him off.

He disregarded the radio and walked outside, expecting someone to buy his house from. He saw a brown raccoon arguing with someone on a cell phone. When the raccoon noticed him, he dropped the cell phone and ran up to him.

"Oh, you're one of the new ones, hrm? How do you like that house?" The raccoon shook his hand with tremendous force. He was clearly under a lot of pressure.

Player List
Spoiler: Brain/Bdthemag (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Horatio/Yoink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mathew/KineseN (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 07:02:25 pm by freeformschooler »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 9: Dialing Anger
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2011, 07:06:25 pm »

Intrigued, Richard attempted to sneak closer. If it looked like he would be discovered, he would GTFO. Either way, once he was done eavesdropping he would head outside, check his map, and then go locate his house.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 9: Dialing Anger
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2011, 10:24:29 am »

The handshake shook Mathew greatly.

"Ye-e-e-es! A-a-a-i l-i-i-i-ke i-i-i-t v-ery much. I'm Mathew Fan by the way."

Stretching out his hand again toward the raccoon Mathew shook back with equal, if not greater, vigor.

"It looks really great. I'm just not sure if I can afford it."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2011, 11:36:24 pm »

Horatio forced a smile, surreptitiously wiping his clammy hands on his shirt. Whilst on the one hand this was the wife of that damned racoon, it also presented an opportunity to possibly learn something of the goings-on in this strange place. Also, to get breakfast.
HORATIO
"Ah yes, of course! I would be delighted. I'm certain that Mopeville's cuisine shall be no less grand than the lovely welcome I've received!" 

Horatio will accompany what's-her-face to the coffee shop, order a large breakfast and daintily stuff his face-- all whilst trying to find out about this town he's found himself in.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6