Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Roll to Cross Animals: DEAD  (Read 8988 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 5: Of Lights and Warmth
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2011, 04:24:13 pm »

No art this turn. I just don't feel like it.

Turn 5
8 AM, Tuesday, May 3rd

Get +1 House.
Horatio shall, with high expectations and a sense of excitement in his heart, let himself in and take a look around the house!
He was ready to go fishing!
Mathew thanked Blathers and assured the owl that he would visit Celeste's cafe. Only he wouldn't do that right away. Looking out he could see the first sun rays for the day and decided to walk to the Town Hall.

Spoiler: Player locations (click to show/hide)

Brian turned straight towards the direction of the raccoon and backed up a step. The wind blew leaves onto the latter's work clothes, which he then brushed off quickly. He was awaiting a response from the blue-capped human.

I guess this fellow is trying to sell me the house I just walked in, thought Brian. But there's something fishy about it. Oh well... I have a bit of money. Might as well take him up on the offer since I need a place to stay.

"If you were to buy that house, the modest furnishings inside would also be yours. What do you say? Interested? No?" The raccoon stepped forward.

"Well, it's nice, but it's pretty small. I'm not really picky, though, and compared to other places I've lived in it's fine." Brian shrugged. The raccoon took that as a yes.

"Wonderful!" The raccoon walked up, took Brian's hand and shook it. "Now, about the price..."

Uh oh, Brian thought.

"With furnishing expenses, housing expenses, billing expenses, living expenses, Nook's Corner bonuses, tax expenses, electricity expenses, and expense-calculating expenses, that comes to a total of 36,800 bells!" The expense-conjuring raccoon stifled a greedy smile. Brian was pretty sure that, just for a moment, his pupils turned into money signs.

"Erm... I only have 3000 bells. I have no idea where I'm going to get the rest of that money!" Brian knew this would not sway such an aggressive salesman such as this one, but he gave the money to him anyway.

"Oh, fine, fine!" The raccoon stepped back and pointed to an old run down shack in the distance. "You can come work it off at Nook's Corner. I'm Nook, by the way. Tom Nook. Nice to meet you, yes. Goodbye!"

With that, Tom Nook ran off to the direction of his shop.

"How lovely! My, a red roof, my favourite colour! Well, no sense dilly-dallying now, is there?" Horatio let himself into the red house. The door was not locked, and he figured no one was inside, since the lights were off. The house was dark, but not cold. He bumbled around for a minute before finding the light switch and flicking it on.

To his surprise, the house had some meager furnishings. Aside from a lamp and table on the other side of the room, he noticed a radio and a red couch near the leftmost edge. Oh, Horatio did love to listen to his favorite music sometimes! Given he had not even paid for the house yet, it was understandable that it was not completely decked-out in lavish furnishings.

As Horatio stood near the door, lost in thought about how he would decorate, his hair stood up, as if static electricity was building up around him. He heard voices through the single window - a familiar voice, and a new one - laughing and talking as they passed by. As he became aware of these senses and snapped out of his daydreaming, he noticed movement behind the lamp table. Almost as if something was hiding in the corner.

Richard hopped off the fancy white bed. He wasn't going to just take someone's fishing pole without at least offering some company in return. Finding a place to stay could wait. Right now, friendship took priority.

"Thanks for the pole! It's generous of you," he said, walking around in what light was present from the morning sun. He took the pole in hand and pretended to cast it a few times. Unfortunately, on the third time, the line swung back at him, wrapping around his torso and causing him to fall over. He had made quite the fool of himself!

Becky looked down at him again, snickering. He pretended nothing was wrong and accepted her offer.

"I meant to do that. Anyway, I'd love to go fishing with you. Where's the best
place?" He attempting to hop back to his feet again, dazed.

"You're both hilarious and clumsy! I usually fish at the the dock. We can get there by crossing the bridge right near the waterfall. Did you come with anyone?" Becky squinted her eyes at him.

Richard was surprised by the question. "Yeah... why?"

"Well, there's been four empty houses that were marked as "sold" just within the past week. One of them is by the waterfall."

Suddenly, Richard realized that someone in town had indeed been expecting them. He hadn't signed any papers, nor had he given any notice. He just packed up and headed to Mopeville along with the other three dudes. "Yeah, actually. There were three others: Horasia, Brian and Matthew. I think."

Becky dropped her suspicions. "Well, that makes sense. Have you checked out your new house yet?"

"No," Richard looked around as he was saying this. "Actually, I haven't even bought a house yet. There's something weird going on around here."

"Boy, do I kn-" Becky stopped. "I mean, uh, why don't we head out to go fish? No use wasting time away by suspecting no one in particular of vague precognition or something."

The two headed out for the fishing dock. They talked and laughed, at least until they passed by the red house. Its lights were on, but they were flickering. There wasn't any sound inside, and even if there was, the background noise from the nearby waterfall would have drowned it out. Strange. Richard supposed he could stop to investigate, or continue on with their little trip.

Mathew said his thanks and goodbyes to Blathers, assuring him that, at some point, he would visit Celeste's cafe. He decided on his next visit being to the Town Hall.

He walked out and attempted to discern the direction he should head. Unfortunately, it was pretty hard to tell, due to the town being decently large and spread out. He managed to find the place anyway, but noticed a sign on the door:

"Hello!
The Mopeville Town Hall/Post Office
Is experiencing some regular electricity difficulties.
You may have to wait until power is restored!"

A shame. Mathew frowned. However, he noticed a white pelican walking around the side of the building, looking for something.

Player List
Spoiler: Brain/Bdthemag (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Horatio/Yoink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mathew/KineseN (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 5: Of Lights and Warmth
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2011, 04:44:58 pm »

Spoiler: Metagaming (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Mathew
"Excuse me, sir Pelican. I couldn't help to notice that you seem to look for something. Can I help you in any way? I'm Mathew Fan by the way."

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 1: Beginnings
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2011, 04:53:21 pm »

Quote from: Horatio
HORATIO
"Wh-what-- Who's there?! What are you doing in my house?" 
Horatio put up his dukes, trying to hide his nervousness as he stared down the lamp table, backing off towards the door.

HORATIO
"Show yourself, you cad!" 

If anything scary emerges, he will flee in terror back out the door, running screaming towards those voices to seek aid!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 05:20:48 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2011, 05:19:31 pm »

Richard smiled at his own clumsiness. It as probably a result of being around a girl. He knew that most weren't really all that diffeent from guys but he was always a bit nervous around them. Still, she seemed to like him, and she was friendly, so he was going to do his best not to botch this. Another house had lights on; it was probably another nocturnal animal person knocking about.

"Let's go catch those fish!"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2011, 05:25:10 pm »

I have good news and bad news.

Good news: Plot!
Bad news: FFS rolled a 6 on his "put plot in RTCA"-roll

Have fun!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2011, 04:34:19 pm »

Brian shrugs.

"Well, atleast I get to sleep underneath a roof tonight."
He then walks off towards his house.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2011, 04:04:48 am »

I can't wait for the title to turn from "Of light and warmth" To "Of Terror and Destruction!"

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 6: NPCs rolls 1's
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2011, 02:46:00 pm »

Oh, how the time flies!

Turn 6
10 AM, Tuesday, May 3rd

The sun was high in the sky, roasting the villagers on such a warm morning. Brian looked up at it from below. Within several hours of moving to Mopeville, he had gained both a house and a job! Of course, working for Nook could end up being terrible, but at least he had somewhere cozy to sleep under.

"Well, at least I get to sleep underneath a roof tonight." He shrugged, but suddenly remembered that the house had a second section that he had not examined: the upstairs section. He resolved to explore the remainder of his house, and thus walked back into it!

When he walked inside, the lights were once again turned off. Huh, he thought. I'm positive I had left them on. Guess Nook doesn't want to waste electricity.

Upon flipping the lights on, Brian ascended the upward staircase near the radio. He found himself in a small attic with a feathery bed in it. Nearby was a phone.

((Brian has discovered a bed. If a player is near a bed and chooses to sleep for the turn, the time passed for the turn increases by one hour. If two players sleep, four hours will pass in between turns, and so on.))

Horatio noticed an intruder in his midst. He wasn't quite sure who it was, but he was going to find out! Oh, but he did hope there would not be a fistfight. He was not good at all with smashing things up!

"Wh-what-- Who's there?! What are you doing in my house?" Suddenly, Horatio realized he had nothing but his own dukes to protect himself with, so he put them up! He advanced slowly towards the shifty fellow behind his cheap lamp. "Show yourself, you cad!"

For a moment - just one moment - he thought he saw something terrible behind his lamp table. A figure curled inwards on itself. Black fur all over. It turned its body to Horatio, and he got a close look at two glowing, solid white eyes. But, before Horatio could look at it any closer, it blasted out the open door like a speeding bullet, knocking things around in the house and making the lights flicker off and on a few times.

"My, my, what was that?" Horatio could not manage to do anything but fall backwards onto his rump. What a horrible sight!

A voice from outside called inward: "Hello! Are you alright in there?"

"Let's go catch those fish!" Richard tried to avert his own attention from the house, and decided to follow Becky about instead of investigating. For a moment, he felt something fly by him inches away from his back. By the time he turned around, it was already gone. Oh well.

"Come on! What are you waiting for?" Becky called back to him from across the bridge.

"Oh, sorry!" Richard didn't want to botch this. He followed along, and in the span of seven to ten minutes, they reached the dock, if it could be called that. In reality, it was more like a very small bridge overlooking the water which fish circled around. Someone probably fed them regularly there.

Becky cast out her hook, and Richard swung his around dramatically before doing the same. They only had to wait a few minutes before Richard felt something large tugging on his hook. He pulled and reeled, and to his surprise, successfully reeled in a large bass. It was so large that it could hold its own without a treble!

"Wow! Pretty good for a new guy!" Becky laughed and clapped. She couldn't resist gloating, though. "Probably just beginner's luck, though. I've caught bigger myself. Here, let me show you how it's done!"

Becky waited another few minutes before she felt something tugging on her own line. She reeled it in, but it was pulling hard! To Richard's surprise, Becky caught a-

-boot. She caught a discarded boot. Richard laughed heartily. Fishing sure was fun!

"Excuse me, sir Pelican. I couldn't help to notice that you seem to look for something. Can I help you in any way? I'm Mathew Fan by the way." It was in this way Mathew introduced himself to the pelican scouring the side of the post office.

The pelican looked up. "Oh, hello! I'm Pelly. I work at the post office. Unfortunately, we're closed, so you'll have to come back."

"No, I mean can I help you with what you're doing right now?" Mathew stepped forward.

"Oh. How generous! I'm sorry if I seemed rude. Our power is down right now, so I'm looking for the circuit board that manages the lights in the Post Office. I want to make sure it hasn't been fried!" She looked back down and continued feeling around for the board.

"You don't know where it is?" Now Mathew was curious.

"No, someone else usually handles these things," Pelly frowned. "But he's delivering mail right now, so I have to take care of the power issues myself."

Mathew noticed a metal board with switches and light sockets just a few feet above Pelly's head. "Is that what you're looking for?" He pointed to it.

Pelly looked at him, then looked up. "Oh, I'm such a ditz sometimes! Uh oh." She noticed something abnormal.

"What is it?"

"The circuit board isn't receiving power from the-" Suddenly, her eyes widened. "From the, uh, the circuit... board... company... uh, I mean, are you new here? I don't recognize you." Pelly stopped fiddling with the board and turned to Mathew.

Player List

« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 03:34:51 pm by freeformschooler »

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 6: NPCs rolls 1's
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2011, 03:05:32 pm »

Mathew did not notice Pelly's aversion for the subject.

Quote from: Mathew
"Yes, I am. So, about the power. Is there a way to restore it or could you call the company maintaining the circuit board? Or maybe I could help out by bringing back the one who usually takes care of it?"

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2011, 03:31:44 pm »

Richard put the large bass in his inventory somehow and placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder.
"It could be worse. I've pulled up tin cans before,"
he said, hoping to make her feel better.
"Let's cast again, I'm sure you'll have better luck this time."
He moved to do so...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2011, 10:16:31 am »

Yoink and Bd need to post :IIIIII

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 1: Beginnings
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2011, 11:08:11 pm »

HORATIO
"Yes yes, I'm quite alright, thankyou!"
Horatio heads over to open the door, peering out to see who spoke to him, and also to try and catch a glimpse of the intruder. 

HORATIO
"You didn't happen to see any... Strange, creepy looking person, with big white eyes run past, did you? There was someone in my house, perhaps a... Squatter or somesuch. I just moved in, don't you know. By which I mean, just this minute." 

((Sorry Freeform, it's another case where I was sure I'd posted days ago... Not sure why I'm getting so forgetful.  :-[ ))
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 11:09:42 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2011, 11:25:22 pm »

"Well, now that I checked out my new home I guess it's time to start my first day working for Nook!"

Brian then leaves his house and optimistically walks to his new employers shop.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 7: Freeform forgets to change the title
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2011, 03:32:58 pm »

Next turn I'm going to try to achieve an even higher delay time.

Turn 7
Noon, Tuesday, May 3rd

Brian then leaves his house and optimistically walks to his new employers shop.
Horatio heads over to open the door, peering out to see who spoke to him, and also to try and catch a glimpse of the intruder. 
"Let's cast again, I'm sure you'll have better luck this time."
"Yes, I am. So, about the power. Is there a way to restore it or could you call the company maintaining the circuit board? Or maybe I could help out by bringing back the one who usually takes care of it?"

Spoiler: Player locations (click to show/hide)

"Well, now that I checked out my new home I guess it's time to start my first day working for Nook!" With that, Brian headed off towards Nook's store. He didn't mind doing a little dirty work to pay off his ludicrously expensive house!

He walked for several minutes, but only ended up either walking in circles or getting nowhere. He couldn't tell which he actually doing. Maybe both. Argh! He should have asked Nook where his shop was actually located, instead of going by a quick gesture!

Brian ended up walking to where he thought Nook had pointed. Instead, he found himself at the doorstep of a brown house with a purple roof. The lights were on. Perhaps he could ask directions?

The house's lights flickered back on, and stayed there this time. Whatever was causing such a jolt - both in the power, and in Horatio's well-being - was most certainly gone. Horatio wiped his face, as being unsure of what danger lie dormant in his house had caused him to worked up a fear-based sweat.

From outside, the voice called in once more: "You alright in there? Why don't you come out here?"

"Yes yes, I'm quite alright, thank you!" Horatio recomposed himself. "You didn't happen to see any... Strange, creepy looking person, with big white eyes run past, did you? There was someone in my house, perhaps a... Squatter or somesuch. I just moved in, don't you know. By which I mean, just this minute."

Horatio walked towards the door, but upon nearing the doorstep, a furry hand clasped over his mouth, frightening him out of his wits! Another furry hand grabbed hold of his neck, pushing him to the nearest corner of the house, but not too forcefully. Horatio, amidst his fear, recognized his captor as a brown raccoon staring daggers at him.

"Mmmph! M-mph!" Horatio struggled.

"Stop trying to talk. We can do this this easy way, or we can do it the hard way." The raccoon inched closer to Horatio, then let go of his mouth for one moment. "Which will it be?"

"Easy way! Easy way!" Horatio was nearly shouting at this point.

"Hush. Very well then. From your original question to me, it's clear that you got a good look at the thing that darted out of your house. I want you to describe it in as much detail as you can, say?"

"W-well, I indeed described it to you a minute ago, but I also happen to remember that it had two circular ears on its noggin!" Horatio's memory was jogged easily. It was as if he could still see the wretched thing turning its head towards him. "That's all I can remember! I swear!"

The raccoon loosened his grasp on Horatio's neck, and took a step back. "Hmm. It's as I feared," he said, looking down.

Horatio couldn't find the words to say anything else. He just shook and slid to the side a few steps, evading the raccoon.

"But you've seen too much already. Here, I have a deal for you: I will give this house to you for free if you do not tell anyone about what you saw or our meeting here today. Especially the mayor, understand? If asked, describe gaining this house as an 'act of generosity', if you will." The critter's speech emphasized the word "generosity" heavily. "And if you do tell anyone... and I find out... I might have to fix that."

Horatio could not possibly imagine what the raccoon meant by "fix that". He didn't really want to imagine it, either.

"You're free to do as you please. Don't bother me for a while." And with that, the raccoon walked out of the house, picked up speed and ran off.

Richard patted Becky on the back. She rolled her eyes.

"It could be worse. I've pulled up tin cans before," Richard chuckled. "Let's cast again, I'm sure you'll have better luck this time."

The two sat down again and cast out their lines. Richard waited a while, but never ended up catching much of anything despite his best efforts. Becky caught a small trout.

"I think we should call it a day. I'm going to go show this fish to my pal Skyler. You can tag along if you want," Becky said, lifting her head back. "But didn't you say you haven't bought your house yet? Don't you have to do that sometime?"

Mathew was oblivious to Pelly's aversion to the subject. He prodded further.

"Yes, I am. So, about the power. Is there a way to restore it or could you call the company maintaining the circuit board?" For just a moment, he realized that there was probably no such thing as a "circuit board company" that provides power to circuit boards. "Or maybe I could help out by bringing back the one who usually takes care of it?"

Pelly froze, apparently trying to come up with the right words in her head. In that moment, the power at the Town Hall flicked back on. Pelly let out a sigh of relief.

"Sorry about all this," the nervous pelican said. "Why don't you come inside and sign a few papers? I'm sure you're very excited to start your new life in Mopeville!"

Player List

« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 04:10:37 pm by freeformschooler »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2011, 03:48:52 pm »

"Yeah, you're right. I should get on that! I'll see you later, Becky. Maybe we can fry these fish then."

Rick looked around to see if he could see anything that looked like the town hall from here, so he could go there and make arrangements.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6