Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: broker shouldn't be a noble  (Read 3641 times)

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: broker shouldn't be a noble
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2011, 12:13:21 pm »

What I would like is to be able to appoint several dwarves to some noble positions (trader and manager) to ensure that there is always someone able to do their tasks.
yes, perhaps scale at Poptrigger points. you start off with one or two, and step up options until you can have an entire bureau of bureaucrats at the highest levels.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Felblood

• Bay Watcher
  • No, you don't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2011, 03:38:38 pm »

That gives some interesting tradeoffs from a gameplay perspective.

The more officials you have the more offices you'll need and you'll have more dwarves who aren't doing other jobs. So you can opt to micro manage one guy for each post (like now) or just spam a bunch of them, but need to build an infrastructure to support that.
The path through the wilderness is rarely direct. Reaching the destination is useless,
if you don't learn the lessons of the dessert.
--but you do have to keep walking.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2011, 11:51:15 pm »

While I like the thought of having a King, wouldn't it be interesting to actually develop a government as it were, a ruling body, maybe setup around the worship of a named kitten.  Have the ruler, maybe not a King, have handlers and such..  It'd be more flexible and fit in more peoples fantasies, to be able to promote a smart kitten as a noble, or possibly a lion.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.
Pages: 1 2 [3]