Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Ok so it seems Toady is starting to get to ends of creating the next release....  (Read 6318 times)

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile

If I read that right, there's a chance of finding a were-crundle...

Armok help us all.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Don't let the trolls prove otherwise: there's lots of good, helpful people here.  This is one of my favorite forums for that reason.

I bet it's because all the trolls smash supports and cave-in chunks of masonry on their heads.

IT MADE SENSE IN MY HEAD! And it's not like this thread is staying on topic...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

If I read that right, there's a chance of finding a were-crundle...

Armok help us all.

Please, please, please, let that annoying little detail die. Also, if anyone starts asking what this "annoying little detail is", nobody answer. If someone does, I'll strangle them with the second "o" in my name.

Don't let the trolls prove otherwise: there's lots of good, helpful people here.  This is one of my favorite forums for that reason.

I bet it's because all the trolls smash supports and cave-in chunks of masonry on their heads.

IT MADE SENSE IN MY HEAD! And it's not like this thread is staying on topic...

It sort-of made sense in my head as well. Would have been better if it had been the answer to something by the lines of "Why are there so few trolls around here?"

Hmm, ~11 days. GreatWyrmGold, you still need practice.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

KtosoX

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing DF since 18.08.2010
    • View Profile

Why trolls never get here? Because we are a few hundred Z levels too high for them :]
This forum is hidden on a mountain know as Mt. Dwarf Fortress.
Only the strong and patient get far enough to see it.
Build a grid of floor grates above the entire city. Draft a squadron of masons and bomb the crap out of the city with falling constructed walls.
The Geneva Convention would like to have a word with you.
Quote from: Aleksanderus
I have clicked "d" in a forge and look what it did!

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Why trolls never get here? Because we are a few hundred Z levels too high for them :]
This forum is hidden on a mountain know as Mt. Dwarf Fortress.
Only the strong and patient get far enough to see it.

Few trolls? These days it seems like every other thread has Toady warning people that he's deleted a wall of posts and not to screw things up again.

THE MORE YOU PEOPLE DO THIS THE LONGER IT WILL BE BEFORE REAL WEREWOLVES  >:( >:( >:(
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile

Trolls can't defile what's already evil.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, maybe weretrolls are moving into Bay 12. How many of you have been bitten by a troll in the last half year?

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How can we be certain that the next release has not been released yet? My baron already demands a capybara bone coffin in his dining room. Granted, he's not a count, but he used to be...
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Magma him, just to be safe. Baron von Dracula is not welcome.

gamewizardinnc

• Bay Watcher
  • Plush rumps as for as the eye can see
    • View Profile

The one thing I'm most excited for in the next update is the ability to designate across Z-levels. Yay, no more spending 30 minutes designating pumpstacks!
I probably won't be the 13th player with the Curse of Failcannon likely hanging in the air like a particularly pungent dog fart

Tanelorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Will there be any changes to the trade/caravan system in the next release? I believe Toady has created trade links between cities and smaller sites.

Will that have any effect on fortress mode?

Iton Ibrukrithzam

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Curious nature]
    • View Profile

Hmm, maybe weretrolls are moving into Bay 12. How many of you have been bitten by a troll in the last half year?
Not me, bro.  I was bitten at least 8 months ago.
Iton Ibrukrithzam enjoys mahogany, diorite, jade, and native gold.  He enjoys giant tigers for their predatory nature, foxes for their many tails, and boobs for their fine shape.  He is absolutely disgusted by spiders.  When possible, he prefers to consume pizza, soda, and goldschlager.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, this may be serious.

The next time a full moon is coming, lock yourself into a small room from which it is impossible to escape. Then set up a video camera into the room so that it records whatever happens in the room. If you turn into a troll, you know you are a were-troll, and you should apply magma first thing in the morning.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Will there be any changes to the trade/caravan system in the next release? I believe Toady has created trade links between cities and smaller sites.

The more relevant detail is that each city has a 'stockpile' of goods now and so caravans visiting your fort will probably be pulling items out of that finite (albeit very abundant) stockpile. The trade links mean those stockpiles will include non-native products too, so there will be less instances of "we don't have this product for you to buy".

Ultimately though, probably not much effect yet. This is all just preparation for making time move outside your fortress in the future. When that happens, then you will feel the impact of market saturation and other such economic events.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

The more relevant detail is that each city has a 'stockpile' of goods now and so caravans visiting your fort will probably be pulling items out of that finite (albeit very abundant) stockpile. The trade links mean those stockpiles will include non-native products too, so there will be less instances of "we don't have this product for you to buy".

Ultimately though, probably not much effect yet. This is all just preparation for making time move outside your fortress in the future. When that happens, then you will feel the impact of market saturation and other such economic events.

Caravan arc release 5: the release of "stone mugs are no longer 100% viable as the only trade product".
Pages: 1 [2] 3