Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia - The only way to win is to not play. [Game over!]  (Read 88869 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

...I dunno.  A roleblocker, perhaps?  (Boo!)  It probably wouldn't have been too different from the role you actually got.

Darvi, watchers are useful for catching out fakeclaims (and occasionally seeing a killer visit.) 
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Darvi, watchers are useful for catching out fakeclaims (and occasionally seeing a killer visit.) 
Yeah, sure. Watching somebody, for instance, visit webadict when he gets killed is so useful.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Yeah, sure. Watching somebody, for instance, visit webadict when he gets killed is so useful.
To be fair, I was willing to blow myself up on the first Night just to kill half of the players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

OB's use of it was just as effective, at least.

Web, you're a balance pro- how'd I do in that department?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nothing seemed overpowered, too much. I think some of the actions were underpowered (such as my one-shot), but at least it wasn't the other way around.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Mostly because by the end, I was shoehorning in actions.  The "everyone has the same quantity of actions" plan is good in theory but hard in practice.  Irony's role probably suffered the worst- I wasn't sure what to make of his role, so it ended up being last... and getting the bargain bin.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Web, you're a balance pro
Heh. Haha. *looks at KoTM13* AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, that was perfectly balanced!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Perfectly unwinnable for the King, you mean.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You're just whining because you didn't win.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Perfectly unwinnable for the King, you mean.
It wasn't unwinnable for the King. You just simply didn't try. Maybe you don't really understand what the goal of the game was. It's to be King of the Mafia. Not Lurker McLurkMyWayToVictory O'EasyWin. I didn't realize that it was supposed to be all about you having an easy win. My bad, man! My bad! I'll remember to give you Unlynchable Godfather Devil's Advocate Serial Killer next time, because I forgot that challenge wasn't part of the game. Man, am I embarrassed.

Try fighting a Kill-Immune Vigilante, and we'll talk about unfair.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How many vigs or somesuch were there? Three? Or four? And how many PGOs or somesuch were there? Three? Or four? If three people die overnight WITHOUT THE KING'S KILL, there's something seriously wrong with the game balance.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How many vigs or somesuch were there? Three? Or four? And how many PGOs or somesuch were there? Three? Or four? If three people die overnight WITHOUT THE KING'S KILL, there's something seriously wrong with the game balance.
Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot that you're a pansy. Duh! See, I assume that the potential King of the Mafia could handle things like that. I mean... man. I guess I'm totally out of touch with today's youth. Do they still let you go outside? I mean, that sun could give you SUNBURN! I even saw a kid fall down and get a SCRATCH! HOLY GOD! There was blood literally all over his knee. I still have nightmares about it.

If you couldn't tell, Dariush, some of use aren't pathetic wusses. If you want to win a game, try playing better. I mean, do you honestly think you're King of the Mafia material with complaints like that? I still laugh at how you thought you could've won like that. The whole, "Let's not do anything" plan was simply horrible. You took no measures to secure your win. You simply killed and killed and killed. You don't get anywhere by simply killing. Sometimes, it involves a bit of, get this, intelligence, something I find to be truly lacking in you. So, yeah, you didn't win. And you can blame it on me for having too many killers. But, really, I could care less what you think. I'll continue to make the game hard, because somebody that wins should win FAIRLY. And by that, I mean because they're being challenged, and not because they're playing easy-mode.

Shed some more tears for me, Dariush.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, I'll rephrase it.

Compare the amount of viciously anti-Kingian roles in the first rounds and in the last one. The game comes down not to outsmarting your opponents, but on praying like fuck and hoping that you'll miss a PGO and they all kill each other while forgetting about you. Which was almost what happened, except that the only player left alive beside me was a PGO.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, I'll rephrase it.

Compare the amount of viciously anti-Kingian roles in the first rounds and in the last one. The game comes down not to outsmarting your opponents, but on praying like fuck and hoping that you'll miss a PGO and they all kill each other while forgetting about you. Which was almost what happened, except that the only player left alive beside me was a PGO.
I've got to deal with the cards I'm dealt that round. There were two PGOs, both chosen as roles, so, the sheer amount of killing roles was also beneficial to you as well as harmful. Their goal was to kill the PGOs and leave you alone, which almost happened. In fact, had you not killed JoshuaFH, you could have won at the end through voting Pandarsenic. Even further, there was still a Magic Lamp power available that could have possibly (though unlikely) given you a revive, allowing you to kill Pandarsenic and revive.

Even then, revealing you had a daykill on the first Day was probably not the best idea, either, but not much you could do about it.

You were also given the number of killing roles at MC, so the number of dead people should not have surprised you.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60