Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 60

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia - The only way to win is to not play. [Game over!]  (Read 89026 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia - A Day in the Art Museum [Day 1]
« Reply #360 on: December 01, 2011, 08:39:33 pm »

(May have been drinking recently- you may wish to verify your vote.)

Also,

6. Please put my name in bold if you would like to get my attention. 

<3   :P
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Well damn did I just do that? Unfortunately I cannot go back and remove the formatting.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cut it with the attitude.

How original.

-You really think everyone will be that forthcoming with their actions?
What? No, you misunderstand. I meant actions as in what they do during the day.

So basically you want to extend D1, like I said, but with possibly fewer players. Totally logical. If you're scum. If you give up our D1 lynch that takes away any chance of hitting scum and it essentially lets scum get a few free kills before hunting actually starts.

-Analyzing night actions almost always results in wine. The most information that will come of it is how many kills (if any) there are and possibly some small details. Is that really worth postponing the first lynch? All that is likely to do is make for a repeat of D1 with slightly less players.
I disagree

Then you're an idiot.

But you want to lynch Wubba for being Wubba, so why aren't you just trying to do that now? It seems more like you were just distancing yourself from the one defending you rather than actually wanting to lynch him.
I do not want to lynch anyone at the moment. Webadict is included therein.

It's noted that you didn't deny the distancing at all. Also noted that you're lying. If you have a list of people you want lynched if you had to and your no-lynch is obviously going nowhere, then surely you want someone lynched other than EC. He's not even on your list. So why aren't you doing anything about that? Seems to me like you just don't care.

Cut it with the attitude.

Running low on originality, again?

Yes, I can. Can, have, and am.

Bullshit. You're either lying or an idiot. Probably both.

I DO NOT WANT TO LYNCH WEBADICT.

1. Then why was he on your list?
2. Then why aren't you doing anything about EC? He wasn't on your list and you obviously don't want anyone lynched today.
3. Read your third point.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 01, 2011, 08:54:15 pm »

If I was asked to pick 5 people right now to be lynched as scum, I would pick:
Dariush- no content, hiding behind Meta.
Powder Miner- no content, but plenty of silly comments- a stronger attempt to hide the lack of content than others, I feel.
Urist Imiknorris- too many question marks.
Simple- heavy-duty lurking.
Webadict- webadict. (Not even kidding)
Nice massive contradiction, NUKE. Care to rectify it?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Nuke:
You realise that this is Not The Way It's Done, right? You can't ignore someone just because they aren't playing the same way as you.
Breaking off from irrelevant, timewasting issues is a time-honored strategy. Breaking away from issues that prevent the person in question from "playing" beyond a very, very flexible definition of the word is downright expected.

Also, do you really, really, really expect me to keep on like this on D2? Do you truly underestimate my capability so that you think I do this out of ignorance or plain stupidity?
You like stupid, worthless plans, and don't seem that fond of scumhunting. So yes, and yes.

Cool list of suspicions, bro. You wonder why I'm both done discussing your plan and thinking you might look good in a noose?
No. That list of suspicions seems perfectly valid to me. You will have to explain your problem with it.
You suspect Imiknorris for using too many question marks, claim to be utterly unable to read webadict, and then suspect some people for not contributing enough and don't suspect others.

That's not a list of suspicions. That's a report card plus Imiknorris uses too many question marks.

Sorry, my mistake. I didn't mean accusations. Just... things. Your refusal to respond to things. You know what I mean.
I could respond to them, but then I'd have to lynch you for not doing anything. I'd rather not trap you like that.

...Keep saying something and it will become true. Wait, no it won't.
I have demanded more content from the lurkers. I have berated Iminknorris for his deal. I will concede that I don't know how to deal with webadict (today, at least. If he still lives tomorrow, I will put more effort into analysing him).
I have pressure;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am not dead-set on doing nothing. I have done more than many others already.
It has already come true.

You've asked for more content from half the players in the game. Calling this "demanding" is laughable, and isn't going to accomplish anything when it's that spread out. I might as well say Everyone: Try to find scum more, okay? and then call that content.

You've questioned Imiknorris some, yes. I'm still not seeing primary suspect level anything, though.

You do not have pressure.

Finally, you feel you're outperforming several lurkers. Cool. Are any of them people you don't currently suspect for their lack of content?

I am advocating a No Lynch. I have stated multiple times that I do not trust my own judgement on D1 suspicions. I am not going to abandon this stance just because people have a problem with it, and as such, no, I will not be voting for anyone, unless truly exceptional circumstances arise (such as my own imminent death, as I am not scum and I know my death would be a waste)
Question: What makes D1 special? Shouldn't we nolynch D1, lynch D2, then nolynch D3 to give our suspicions another chance to cool off?

Also, cool excuse to jump ship on what feeble suspicions you do have come D2.

-Night actions and the results thereof may provide additional information.
See, shit like this is what makes me think you're retarded. "Don't lynch D1 guys, a cop might get lucky! Or a roleblock will give us enough WIFOM to choose the right glass! Seriously, don't waste a townie lynching D1 when we can hope for night answers to rain from the sky!"

I think everyone has terrible judgement D1. Can you honestly say that you have a history of pegging scum D1 reliably?
I don't have a history of pegging scum reliably on any day. What's your point?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

fuuuuuuuu
forum borked = unsent post  :'(
tl;dr of what was there (for the first post): why so many votes on crown (questions to folks, answered by urist_mcarthos before i even asked :P)
So... could you not have taken the time you were clearly waiting for the forums to fix themselves to make a post that doesn't show how little you're doing?

Because you're doing nothing. Literally nothing.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile

Right, so I'm unvoting Simple since it's clear he's absent rather than lurking.

Jack It's a joke.  Webadict isn't LITERALLY always scum, of course.  (joke)But, you know he's scum in this game, because he always is.(/joke)

I'm going to cast my vote for Ecrown.

You've been lurking, and lurking poorly.  When confronted, you've done A) jack and B) shit about it.

Here's your last post, 44 hours ago:

Darvi a bit less than Jack, reading a bit more back. But Jack literally just popped in and back out. Darvi is at least more active. And I haven't really kept track of the time at all. Time has flown by in the last few pages.

And Simple I completely forgot about... That's what I get for not rereading completely, hehe. It's more profitable to go after somebody that's actually doing something though. Because they tend to actually respond.

Speaking of active and inactive people... Jack and Simple both have 3 posts. Think and Andrew have 4. Native, Dariush and Ottofar have 5.

All of you, lurk less, post more.

Especially since three out of you seven have votes on me ::) (Those are Jack, Simple, and Think)

In the post before this, your defense was basically "I'm being bandwagoned, especially by Jack, and I both suck at and have no interest in Day 1".  This is about the shittiest defense against accusations of passive, lurking play ever. You follow it up with the post I've quoted, in which you do nothing to provide a better defense, then say "Other people are lurking and posting little", a half-hearted deflection attempt before slinking away.

If you're not going to get busy hunting then get busy hanging, scum.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 02, 2011, 12:09:59 am »

Does my case against you really warrant that much suspicion? Seriously, what do you think? Do you think its ok to do nothing but ask questions?

I quite honestly don't think it does. I am one of your top two/three scumpicks solely because I ask too many questions. Consider: perhaps I ask them because I want information that I will then use to determine who to vote for. Perhaps I also have a night action and wish to better judge who to use it on.

(Hint: Both are true)

Darvi: Your case on ECrown. Let's hear it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 02, 2011, 12:24:25 am »

Andrew:
I think that lurking is scummy, so I think Simple, Jack and you are acting scummy. As for flaws in popular opinion? I think that Nuke is the only one who is acting outrageously scummy so I don't know why people are taking their votes off him.

I think I answered Jacks questions as well.
You've answered one of the two.  However, you still haven't really explained which people are doing exactly what ECrownofFire is doing, at least not in a way I noticed.  Please do so.

Also, please give the definition of lurking that you use.

TolyK:
fuuuuuuuu
tl;dr of what was there (for the first post): why so many votes on crown (questions to folks, answered by urist_mcarthos before i even asked :P)
You're kidding, right?  The first major chunk of your promised questions consisted of just asking why people were voting Crown?  That's all?

Toaster: Please prod ECrownofFire.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

Oh, hey everyone. I'm here.

Urist, you really couldn't bandwagon harder.

More in a minute or two, I think.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Where were you before?

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

Where were you before?
School, sleeping, etc.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

fuuuuuuuu
The fuck do you think you're doing here? Something, anything, could be posted here but this.

Words words words

Alright, let me sum this up.

You want a no lynch, but you also want to scumhunt. You don't want a lynch, but you have "suspicions" (which as Irony said, is basically lurkers, null-webadict, and too many questions). If you succeed in a no lynch, you want to analyse what happened during the night. Why would you ever try this? You're walking into a whole cellar full of wine right there.

So basically, you want people to scumhunt, but not... "finish" the hunt? The fuck are you trying to do with all this? It's ONE townie if you're unlucky. The likelihood of hitting somebody that's really THAT important to town is pretty damn unlikely. Consider that we're in a fairly high power game.

Sorry, my mistake. I didn't mean accusations. Just... things. Your refusal to respond to things. You know what I mean.
I could respond to them, but then I'd have to lynch you for not doing anything. I'd rather not trap you like that.

What are you talking about, "trapping" NUKE?

By the way, this post here is referring to Urist_McArathos (i.e. the one that voted for me)
Also you could at least hunt instead of going after me and only me. Quite frankly, I have enough people chasing me as is. One more person pressuring me doesn't exactly do much.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to cast my vote for Ecrown.

You've been lurking, and lurking poorly.  When confronted, you've done A) jack and B) shit about it.
What made you choose Crown over, say, TolyK? Because I'm pretty sure they were both doing the same thing.
Or are you just going after all the lurkers in order?

CrownofFire: If you could lynch three people right now, who would they be and why?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

CrownofFire: If you could lynch three people right now, who would they be and why?
Not me, not I, and not myself.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 60