Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 60

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia - The only way to win is to not play. [Game over!]  (Read 88994 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ECrownofFire: I don't buy your attack on Jack. He's definitely not the only person voting you for that, but that's in part because you haven't contributed much else to date. In addition, Jack also had several additional questions and comments as well, and wasn't just hopping on you. Not to mention that post still isn't even a day old yet. Why not Simple, who has been inactive and disappeared soon after voting you? Also confusion regarding your post: do you suspect Darvi as well as Jack? If so, why?

Andrew: Do you have an opinion of your own about the people that RVS is 'winding down to' as you say, or are you going to leave it to the 'experts'?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia - A Day in the Art Museum [Day 1]
« Reply #301 on: November 30, 2011, 01:33:38 am »

You know what? I'm gonna go to sleep. When I get back, I'll assume you'll have figured out what is so incredibly stupid about your argument, or I'll tell you for you. I, however, can't think straight while tired.
Right. In the meantime, you should probably answer my question, because nothing pisses me off more then someone refusing to answer my serious questions.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

Darvi a bit less than Jack, reading a bit more back. But Jack literally just popped in and back out. Darvi is at least more active. And I haven't really kept track of the time at all. Time has flown by in the last few pages.

And Simple I completely forgot about... That's what I get for not rereading completely, hehe. It's more profitable to go after somebody that's actually doing something though. Because they tend to actually respond.

Speaking of active and inactive people... Jack and Simple both have 3 posts. Think and Andrew have 4. Native, Dariush and Ottofar have 5.

All of you, lurk less, post more.

Especially since three out of you seven have votes on me ::) (Those are Jack, Simple, and Think)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile

Extend.

ECrownofFire: Oh noes, I posted before sleeping.  Then I slept, woke up, went to school, got home, prepared for a martial arts class, went to said class, got home, ate dinner, got a promised post out in Witches' Coven, did some homework, fed my cats, and took a shower, without posting here during any of those actions.  This clearly makes me scummy!

Also, part of my argument having been brought up before means I'm clearly bandwagoning, using only the same arguments as everyone else.  Even when there are a few additional reasons, such as you being annoyed at having to reread.

So, how many posts (number specifically, because that's what you seem to care most about) do I need to make before you can take me seriously?  Because I can make a ton of one line long, nearly useless posts if you want me to.

Less sarcastically, that was quite the reaction.  After I vote you, you proceed to attack me for using the exact same reasons as everyone else (false), and not having a high enough number of posts.  Content of the posts doesn't seem to matter (your response to Think pointing the content out was to complain about a low number of posts).

I'm not too sure on how to proceed though, it seems like the RVS stage has been winding down to three people.

I don't really understand the reasoning for Tolk and Crown for getting votes on them but I trust(?) that you experts know what you are doing.

I would vote for Nuke because of his No lynch mantra except for the fact that SIMPLE has yet to answer my question.
Is there anything specific you don't understand about the reasoning for TolyK or Crown?  Apart from Simple and NUKE, do you find anyone scummy?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I'm not too sure on how to proceed though, it seems like the RVS stage has been winding down to three people.

I don't really understand the reasoning for Tolk and Crown for getting votes on them but I trust(?) that you experts know what you are doing.

I would vote for Nuke because of his No lynch mantra except for the fact that SIMPLE has yet to answer my question.
You should find scum. Why does the current state of RVS matter?

Given how important that seems to be to most everyone in the game, don't you think you should figure that out? Might that even be relevant to finding scum at some point?

Your reasoning on Nuke sounds lazy. What exactly makes you say he's scum? Also, what question to Simple? It must be pretty important if it's basically all you've got.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile

Just pointing out that going after lurkers looks like a sort of don't look at me-reaction, in Crown's case.

Which is scummy. So yeah.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 30, 2011, 08:20:42 am »

Nuke's point: lynching D1 is likely a bad idea, since we have potentially more information than if we hadn't lynched the useful townie.
You ignored my second question - why haven't you mentioned it earlier when asking me about my Nuke's vote aroooooound post #191? 'Makes sense' doesn't sound much like 'The person you're voting for has a point', you know.

ECrownofFire: Oh noes, I posted before sleeping.  Then I slept, woke up, went to school, got home, prepared for a martial arts class, went to said class, got home, ate dinner, got a promised post out in Witches' Coven, did some homework, fed my cats, and took a shower, without posting here during any of those actions.  This clearly makes me scummy!
Overreacting much?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 30, 2011, 08:24:04 am »

Fuck that noise, I quit, I want a replacement.
For what its worth, I am truly sorry that you feel this way. Mafia can get a little overwhelming, I know- but I can still get enjoyment from intelligent discussions. Not to mention plans. Oh god, the feeling when a plan works- I can honestly say that I love it when a plan comes together.
No hard feelings about the whole flipping the fuck out thing.

Irony: Um, ok. The phrasing is a little odd (no discussion at all?), but I accept that my latest post contained basically nothing in the way of active scumhunting. I intend to rectify that now, though, so we can return to sensible discourse.

Andrew: Uh, mind expanding on that a little? Just because you aren't voting for me, doesn't mean you can't explain your suspicions of me.
My No Lynch Mantra is directly oppposed to [everyone else]'s No No Lynch Mantra, so the mantra part can't be what bugs you. Mind explaining- briefly- what is so bad about a No Lynch? (in your own words)

I'd like to play against Webadict for some more practice.  I'll sub in for Mr Person.  In the event it goes through, Extend as well.
Yeah ok Extend.

ECoF: Here's a helpful hint for dealing with bandwagons. First, counter the main argument against you. Then, as an afterthought, point out bandwagoners.
Pointing out that you are being bandwagoned is not a defence.
Town bandwagons. Bandwagons happen against scum. Bandwagoning is wrong, but it does not prove the innocence of the bandwagonee.

SUSPICIONS: YES. I AM GOING TO GO DOWN THE ENTIRE LIST OF PLAYERS. COLOUR CODED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE (Green>Yellow>Orange>Red)

1. Ottofar
   Why am I the only one who objects to Ottofar's playstyle?
2. Dariush
   Content posted thusfar: NUKE is scum trolololol. Ok, fine. NullMeta, how fun. However, just that does not a balanced diet make. Post some actual content, you dick.
3. TolyK
   Looking back, webadict is sort of right. I wouldn't go so far as to call it activelurking, but certainly your actual agression would appear to have been waylaid a... suspicious amount of times. Get some heavy-duty content in soon, friend.
4. Powder Miner
   Also activelurking. Short posts are ok, but if their only content is responses/jokes, that does not bode well. Actual content plz.
5. Think0028
   Yada yada little content more content plz.
6. OrangeBottle
   No problems here. Not to say that he is 100% truetown, but I have no reasons to suspect him. Yet.
7. Urist Imiknorris
   QUESTION MARKS. Is TolyK your only suspicion? Do you really think his activelurking is so grievous that it must be intentional?
8. Mysteriousbluepuppet
   One Big Argument with OB. I don't think he is competent enough to get into a big argument on purpose as scum, so I'm thinking town. However, this does not mean that he is excused from further content. More content plz.
9. Andrew425
   See above for a response I wants from him. Has not tried to disguise lack of content with meaningless posts, also inexperienced*. Leaning town.
10. NativeForeigner
   The game is a mess, ok. Is it such a mess you can't pick out anyone to go after?
11. Jack A T
   No problems here. Not to say that he is 100% truetown, but I have no reasons to suspect him. Yet.
12. Darvi
13. Mr.Person Mr.Person's Replacement
   No information.
14. Nuke9.13
   This guy, oh my gosh. So charismatic, intelligent, well spoken. How could I possibly suspect him of anything? [/joke]
15. Simple
   Wait, Simple is playing? What the fuck, when did this happen?
16. Webadict
   Webadict is webadict. No joke; I do not care to express an opinion on him, one way or the other.
17. ECrownofFire
   As previously stated; Don't think we should lynch this guy. I mean, come on, people. Yes, his behaviour is... questionable. Isn't it always? I pose that his behaviour is strange, but not so strange as to clearly stem from malignancy towards the town.
18. IronyOwl
   A refusal to respond to accusations is questionable, though not necessarily a scummy action. His other content has been... reasonable. I can't help but feel a slight discomfort- in a similar vein to basically every yellow person, there is a lack of "This is what I think.". But no so bad as with others. Still, the discomfort remains, so no green for you.
19. No Lynch
   This guy, oh my gosh. Such a rude, ignorant, bumbling fool. How can anyone tolerate his presence? We must lynch him at once! [/joke]

If I was asked to pick 5 people right now to be lynched as scum, I would pick:
Dariush- no content, hiding behind Meta.
Powder Miner- no content, but plenty of silly comments- a stronger attempt to hide the lack of content than others, I feel.
Urist Imiknorris- too many question marks.
Simple- heavy-duty lurking.
Webadict- webadict. (Not even kidding)
Long Live United Forenia!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 30, 2011, 08:44:25 am »

Urist_McArathos has replaced Mr.Person.

Day has been modextendedDay 1 will end Thursday 12/1 at 11 PM EST.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 30, 2011, 09:19:04 am »

14. Nuke9.13
   This guy, oh my gosh. So charismatic, intelligent, well spoken. How could I possibly suspect him of anything? [/joke]
Stop buddying yourself, scumbucket. [/joke]

1. Ottofar
   Why am I the only one who objects to Ottofar's playstyle?
You're not. I told him to stop being Org a while ago.

17. ECrownofFire
   As previously stated; Don't think we should lynch this guy. I mean, come on, people. Yes, his behaviour is... questionable. Isn't it always? I pose that his behaviour is strange, but not so strange as to clearly stem from malignancy towards the town.
If I was asked to pick 5 people right now to be lynched as scum, I would pick:
Urist Imiknorris- too many question marks.
Webadict- webadict. (Not even kidding)
:|
You could summarize your case on Urist better, you know. As it is now, it just looks silly. I find it funny that you're willing to lynch Urist for passivity, but people(including myself) are voting for CrownofFire for that, among other things. What makes Crown so special?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 30, 2011, 09:24:08 am »

Just dropping by to unvote andrew, and tell you I've got an essay to do right now.

If I finish it in time I'll post today.

Also Re: Me being Org, I ain't even Org, I am just bad.
Also on Urist, you should check his meta.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 30, 2011, 10:29:06 am »

NUKE: Does your case against me really warrant that much suspicion?

QUESTION MARKS. Is TolyK your only suspicion? Do you really think his activelurking is so grievous that it must be intentional?

No, he isn't my only suspicion, he's just winning by a mile:

-Active lurking, as you pointed out
-Being overly concerned about his image, enough so that he hasn't done anything for fear of voting a townie. <-- My main problem with him
-
Isn't mafia mostly gut feelings? Eh?

TolyK: When you referred to the "other folks," who were you specifically talking about?

Powder Miner:
Wait, what? I never said that or is it a response to me? What?
The fuck are you talking about?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 30, 2011, 02:43:35 pm »

Think
Andrew: Do you have an opinion of your own about the people that RVS is 'winding down to' as you say, or are you going to leave it to the 'experts'?

Well it seems like there are three people on the chopping block, Nuke for going for a No lynch. ECrown for posting then disappearing. I don't know what people are voting Tolk for so I guess I will have to go back and re-read again.

Jack
Is there anything specific you don't understand about the reasoning for TolyK or Crown?  Apart from Simple and NUKE, do you find anyone scummy?

I understand accusing Crown though I think it is rather weak as many other players are doing the same sort of thing.

Irony
You should find scum. Why does the current state of RVS matter?

Given how important that seems to be to most everyone in the game, don't you think you should figure that out? Might that even be relevant to finding scum at some point?

Your reasoning on Nuke sounds lazy. What exactly makes you say he's scum? Also, what question to Simple? It must be pretty important if it's basically all you've got.

I think i've answered your questions above and below. As for my question for simple, it was a random rvs question that he hasn't answered in 4 days so I think he's a lurker.

Nuke
Andrew: Uh, mind expanding on that a little? Just because you aren't voting for me, doesn't mean you can't explain your suspicions of me.
My No Lynch Mantra is directly oppposed to [everyone else]'s No No Lynch Mantra, so the mantra part can't be what bugs you. Mind explaining- briefly- what is so bad about a No Lynch? (in your own words)

I think it's bad because it's town sole way to kill the mafia, with a no lynch not only are you giving them a free turn to kill us but you are also depriving us of the opportunity to look back and see what connections the scum were making on Day 1.

Urist Imk
-Being overly concerned about his image, enough so that he hasn't done anything for fear of voting a townie. <-- My main problem with him

What could he do then to stop you from voting for him? Wouldn't voting for someone confirm your position that he's just bending to your will? Isn't that a case of you trapping him?
May the mass times acceleration be with you

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 30, 2011, 03:03:14 pm »

Fuck.
So much stuff posted.
And I am falling asleeep.

Quick post to answer quick qustions:
@urist: other folks as in the folks that have been prodded/replaced, mostly.
@dariush: what second question, pls link so i can make faster responses/more content.
@nuke: that's what im trying to get in, but don't have time right now, since large stream of posts to be able to go indepth on one without falling behind now. also why "friend'?

PPE: some spelling, didnt get all i dont think
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 30, 2011, 03:08:34 pm »

@dariush: what second question, pls link so i can make faster responses/more content.
Why didn't you mention that you think Nuke's no-lynching case has a point to it earlier?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 60