Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 60

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia - The only way to win is to not play. [Game over!]  (Read 89002 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia - A Day in the Art Museum [Day 1]
« Reply #255 on: November 28, 2011, 09:31:53 pm »

Vote Count:

Ottofar:
Dariush:
TolyK: ECrownofFire, Webadict, Urist Imiknorris,
Powder Miner: Darvi
Think0028:
OrangeBottle:
Urist Imiknorris:
Mysteriousbluepuppet: Jack A T
Andrew425: Ottofar
NativeForeigner:
Jack A T:
Darvi:
Mr.Person:
Nuke9.13: Mysteriousbluepuppet, OrangeBottle, Mr.Person, Dariush
Simple: Andrew425
Webadict:
ECrownofFire: Think0028, Simple, IronyOwl
IronyOwl:

No Lynch: Nuke9.13

Not Voting: NativeForeigner, TolyK, Powder Miner

Day 1 will end Wednesday 11/30 at 11 PM EST.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 28, 2011, 10:54:45 pm »

1. I think my logic was that I was hoping that there'd be a reaction to it other than "say something about it".
So, why don't you think it worked?

2. For arguing the damn thing in the first place.
What's stupid about that?

3. Fine, I'm rereading. Happy now?
I'd also be content with lynching you like the activelurking scum that you are.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 28, 2011, 11:35:18 pm »

Native:
He wasn't in Wild West Mafia.

I probably should've Unvoted in my last post. I'm too confused about too much.

Like why Crownoffire is being passive. And why he only started working on other suspicions when Irony prompted him to.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 28, 2011, 11:40:18 pm »

Wubba: You are aware that NUKE has used risky tactics in the past as scum, right? Particularly in Wild West Mafia (if I remember correctly), where it worked. Just because it seems unlikely doesn't mean that's exactly what's happening.
Another mafia I never read. Again, it stills seems pretty logical to me. Just because something is possible to happen, does not mean that the more likely thing is false. What you really want to hear is that there is a chance of doubt that NUKE is not town. Sure, there is a chance, but that chance is much smaller for him than it is for the rest of you. I still would rather lynch any of you over him, and that's how it'll stand right now. Just as I would rather lynch TolyK over any of you.

So, if that's all you're worrying about, then fine. There is an incredibly small chance NUKE is scum. But, it's so miniscule, that I don't, and won't, worry about it now.

Native:
... I wouldn't know unless I looked, I suppose.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 29, 2011, 12:07:52 am »

Native:

Then whatever game he was in where he pulled that nonsense to get someone (I think Dariush, but apparently my memory on the matter isn't that great) mislynched after everyone had NUKE pegged as scum. I thought it was WWM, but now that you mention this, I realize he wasn't even in it. ._.

I'm too lazy to look up which game it was, but if someone really wants to see it, I will.

Wubba: I just find it strange that you seem to only think he's town because he's doing something you wouldn't expect from scum. Has he done anything other that play stupidly to convince you he's town or is that really it?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 29, 2011, 01:21:14 am »

Wubba: I just find it strange that you seem to only think he's town because he's doing something you wouldn't expect from scum. Has he done anything other that play stupidly to convince you he's town or is that really it?
I've told you exactly why I think he's Town. He played how I would've played in his shoes. That's plenty fine for me.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 29, 2011, 01:32:37 am »

I've told you exactly why I think he's Town. He played how I would've played in his shoes. That's plenty fine for me.

Noted.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 29, 2011, 02:48:11 am »

How do you view comments made by nonconfirmed people?
With a certain degree of suspicion and a large dose of snark.

Pretty much how I read  most comments ever really.

I didn't think it'd have any meaning if I asked both/all of them.
Then why him specifically? Why would you question only him about it when there has been at least one other guy doing it?

3. Fine, I'm rereading. Happy now?
Is that an indirect admittance to not paying attention to the game despite obviously having the time and ability to? Wat. Why would you do such a thing ECF oh wait there's only one plausible reason.

Also, I'd like to know whether Dariush and Ottofar have anything new to say and where Andrew's at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 29, 2011, 02:54:16 am »

I didn't think it'd have any meaning if I asked both/all of them.
Then why him specifically? Why would you question only him about it when there has been at least one other guy doing it?
I believe he was the first one doing it, and I wasn't especially concerned about poking the right one.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 29, 2011, 02:58:06 am »

So you just arbitrarily picked one and went with it?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 29, 2011, 02:59:45 am »

More like picked the first one, shrugged at the second, and went with it, but basically yes.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 29, 2011, 03:23:56 am »

Unvote.

Okay, ignoring the massive amount of WIFOM that has been flying around in my absence (WIFOM about WIFOM?  Wow.)...

ECrownofFire:

ECrownofFire: What's up with calling out Irony's question loaded and then refusing to comment when called out on it? Trying to stay on the sidelines and stir up trouble?
I didn't feel it needed anything more than a comment on it. It's not really such a massive scumtell that I'd go right after him.

Seriously?  And then you proceed to miss Simple's question, barely do anything, and when called on it, seemingly get annoyed at demands to do things.  Your answers have lacked detail, it has taken pushing for you to even reread the game, and your earlier contributions have consisted mostly of staying in the background, saying that one question was loaded and refusing to do more.

ECrownofFire for being extremely passive and useless.

Andrew: In the future, say something when you'll be responding to something later.

TolyK:

I don't think we should lynch NUKE.
Well he's acting like himself  :P
I think we should wait until the other folks come in to make any decisions...
>.>
Why should we?  We can change our votes, we've got multiple days, and giving the other people something to work with is good.  This feels like a flimsy excuse to not take any solid actions.

Finally, I'm just going to say this: to me, NUKE trying to abandon common game ideas in D1 is a null tell: he does it whether he's town or scum.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 29, 2011, 12:40:42 pm »

Why are you so passive in forming opinions on Nuke's plan ? Do you agree or not ?
His no-lynching is illogical (but usual for his meta, right?). I don't agree with Nuke on no-lynch, but lynching the first

guy that pops up is not a good idea either. Since D1 lynches are usually useless.

Now that i think about it, with third parties this might kinda suck. *is confused*
Again. You don't agree with him, yet you say that d1 lynches are useless. Also if being scummy/illogical is in

someone's meta and on that fact you accept it, how you discern being scum from normal play ? And explain that bit about 3rd

parties because i don't get what it have to do with it.
He's partially right. His going "no-lynch" has no real meaning, while pressure-voting (like folks are to me, for example :P)

is good. However actual lynches day-1, unless someone's really trying to screw up town, are typically a waste of townies :P.
About Nuke's meta... I haven't really played much with him, so I don't really know.
Except that with more killing roles and the increased chances of a D1 lynch picking off a killer/other third party/mafia, it

might make more sense to do a lynch in this sort of role-heavy game. My original logic was for a vanilla game...
Quote from: Simple
To be more precise, I mean that I'm not trying to be passive, but I'm more clueless in this case, and I don't want to do

anything that could harm town.  :-\
I'd say that being passive is more harmful to town than stating some (even completely wrong) opinion. And how taking

side could hurt town in this particular case ? It's a decision we must come to anyway and there's no third option here.
I don't really know how. If folks think I should go charge head-first into the first thing that comes to mind, and it doesn't

obviously hurt our cause, then ok, I'll go. Taking the wrong side here, though, could be lynching a useful role.

Why are you so passive in forming opinions on Nuke's plan ? Do you agree or not ?
His no-lynching is illogical (but usual for his meta, right?). I don't agree with Nuke on no-lynch, but lynching the first

guy that pops up is not a good idea either. Since D1 lynches are usually useless.

Now that i think about it, with third parties this might kinda suck. *is confused*
Wait, so you say that you don't want to no-lynch, but D1 lynches are useless. Buddying AND inconsistent logic? That

just doesn't sound good, TolyK.

ARE YOU GUYS FUCKING KIDDING ME.
I said:
Just woke up.
I shall post things in over 12 hours.
Thanks for the reminder  ::)

Just woke up.
I shall post things in over 12 hours.
But quickly, Urist, here:
Nuke's being NUke, wuba's acting unlike the others, which is kinda strange.
From the top of my head i can only say that. For some reason dariush worries me.
You forgot to add how you took the time to tell us nothing. Dariush worries you. Webadict worries you. NUKE probably also

worries you. In fact, you could probably write a book on the number of people that worry you. Though, you'd probably have to

hire a ghost writer, as I'm sure you'd never be able to form a olid, straightforward opinion on anyone.
Harharhar, read above.

TolyK: You say that you don't want to do anything that could harm town, but doing nothing (your current

strategy) harms town. Why aren't you scumhunting? Why are you concerned about fucking up your voting, given that we have

three days left before extensions? You have nothing on anybody. You're not doing a damn thing to change it. You're active

lurking scum.
1. Because I'm busy answering questions.
2. I failed my counting, it is about that. I was concerned that my vote would stick.
3. I have nothing on anyone since I'm getting pestered with questions.
4. I'm busy town :P

For some reason dariush worries me.
Any more concrete reasons or do you just want to throw around some suspicions and hope we buy them?

TolyK:

I don't think we should lynch NUKE.
Well he's acting like himself  :P
I think we should wait until the other folks come in to make any decisions...
>.>
Why should we?  We can change our votes, we've got multiple days, and giving the other people something to work with is good.

This feels like a flimsy excuse to not take any solid actions.
Basically the same thing as Urist said.
And funny thing, some other folks came in. Why did I want to wait? The current folks are busy enough shooting each other,

that's why.
Now, next post, i haz questions 4 u.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 29, 2011, 01:03:09 pm »

erm, forgot to reply to darvi...
Dariush:

I want to have a more laid-back game, though that probably won't work now :P
I think everyone needs to be questioned, but i'm guessing the more experienced players (Think, Irony, Wuba, Person, and the like). I know Jack AT is a good mafia-side player (from being on the same team as him before :P) so questioning him might help too.
Okay, that's definitely the wrong kind of answer. Why do you think questioning experienced players would give different results?
Wasn't quite sure why "wrong kind of answer" - I answered the question, was there a right answer to an opinion question?  ???
No. If no one comes forwards with useful information (such as a guilty investigation result)
Which would have happened even with a lynch on D1.
we look at the obvious night actions (kills, possible escalation of DEFCON), analyse
Analyse how? And what do you know about DEFCON? This is the second time you mention a seemingly unrelated piece of flavor.
in the cold dawn light (tempers having been tempered by a night of rest), the chances that obvscum from D1 actually are scum, and then we start lynching.
And obvscum from D2 will be scum? Don't you think that the same newbies who would have been lynched D1 would be instead simply lynched D2?

In short, I want to see two specific answers from you: 1) What do you expect to gain from the night which would differ from a normal game? 2) Why do you think that he who would have been lynched D1 wouldn't get lynched D2?
Not sure what the objections here are, they sound solid to me.
Quote from: Dariush
No Lynch. Proposing this D1- does this really make me scum? Why would I, as scum, propose this course of action? Does this seem likely? In what situation would I, as town, propose this course of action? Does this seem likely? In what situation would this, from a town perspective, actually be the right thing to do? Does this seem likely?
And this is just pure WIFOM.
Stating the obvious. Except not really thinking into it, because Nuke has a point.
Wuba, just because you're probably the best player around doesn't mean you can just spew infinite tons of WIFOM. You still haven't provided any actual reasons for thinking Nuke is town... except for more WIFOM. And gut feelings.
Isn't mafia mostly gut feelings? Eh?
His point is that Nuke isn't stupid and wouldn't WIFOM since it would be obvscum move.

Looking back at the posts, it was basically gut feeling about Dariush.
Now to look at other posts...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 29, 2011, 01:10:53 pm »

Stating the obvious. Except not really thinking into it, because Nuke has a point.
Wait what? Stating the obvious reasons for a vote is now scummy? Also, what is this Nuke's point and why haven't you spoken about it earlier?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 60