Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 60

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia - The only way to win is to not play. [Game over!]  (Read 88969 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia - A Day in the Art Museum [Day 1]
« Reply #210 on: November 27, 2011, 02:59:30 pm »

Tolyk: Why not? Are you afraid of looking scummy?

webadict: Would you like to explain your reasoning?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 27, 2011, 03:03:54 pm »

Tolyk: Why not? Are you afraid of looking scummy?
Nah, just don't want to fuck up in my voting.
That reminds me, why do I still have an RVS vote up?
Unvote.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 27, 2011, 03:07:57 pm »

Urist. Mind your own business. I play as I play, and I have no meta on Andrew. I'd FoS you, if defending others wasn't within your meta.

Andrew. I'll give you a hint. It has something to do with your color choice.

Nuke. Fuck you as well.

PFP, no electricity, battery officially 'low'.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 27, 2011, 03:29:35 pm »

Proposing that Ottofar's behaviour be classified as 'deliberately, totally, and irredeemably detrimental to gameplay', and that he be forbidden from joining future games.
Long Live United Forenia!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 27, 2011, 03:31:22 pm »

Proposing that Ottofar's behaviour be classified as 'deliberately, totally, and irredeemably detrimental to gameplay', and that he be forbidden from joining future games.
Hello pot.

<<<<<wow, that is a lot of stuff for a weekend game. unvote so that I can go through this.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 27, 2011, 03:39:43 pm »

Urist. Mind your own business. I play as I play, and I have no meta on Andrew. I'd FoS you, if defending others wasn't within your meta.

Could I please have some context for this?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 27, 2011, 03:48:28 pm »

Ottofar:
Andrew, do you know why I think you're scum?
If not, try and guess.

Do you even know why yourself? If so, why not tell him?

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 27, 2011, 03:48:38 pm »

Why are you so passive in forming opinions on Nuke's plan ? Do you agree or not ?
His no-lynching is illogical (but usual for his meta, right?). I don't agree with Nuke on no-lynch, but lynching the first guy that pops up is not a good idea either. Since D1 lynches are usually useless.

Now that i think about it, with third parties this might kinda suck. *is confused*
Again. You don't agree with him, yet you say that d1 lynches are useless. Also if being scummy/illogical is in someone's meta and on that fact you accept it, how you discern being scum from normal play ? And explain that bit about 3rd parties because i don't get what it have to do with it.

To be more precise, I mean that I'm not trying to be passive, but I'm more clueless in this case, and I don't want to do anything that could harm town.  :-\
I'd say that being passive is more harmful to town than stating some (even completely wrong) opinion. And how taking side could hurt town in this particular case ? It's a decision we must come to anyway and there's no third option here.

Powder miner: Why do you think Nuke is trying that ? And what's the single biggest flaw you see in his reasoning ?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 27, 2011, 04:28:38 pm »

... ... ... You have to answer ALL questions even if they are irrelevantt (although people shouldn't be making irrelevant questions in the first place). If you do nto answer questions, ou are effectively saying that you don't need to use logic. YOU NEED TO USE LOGIC.  >:(
AHAHAHAHA this is ridiculous. Answering questions has nothing to do with using logic, PM.

What are you trying to achieve by obfuscating the issues at hand?

I would be voting NUKE for being generally stupid, and because the DEFCON worries me, but I suspect he may be a jester and that somebody else is the actual nukular threat (probably somebody who inned after NUKE, maybe even sending in the nukular explosion that I posted jokingly).

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 27, 2011, 06:12:17 pm »

I don't think we should lynch NUKE.
buddybuddybuddybuddybuddybuddybuddybuddybuddy
I don't care if it was a joke, stop buddying webadict.

-If you assume (as I am doing) that whoever we lynch D1 is town, all the information we might get is also attained without killing them. The role-flip information is rather useless when the user is dead, and for a baseline of what other roles are like (allowing us to form expectations of the average role), NKs are just as effective.

Yes, but that is an assumption. An assumption based on evidence from previous games, but scum have been lynched on day one before.

The NK actually gives less information, as unless an investigative role was right on the money, you have no idea who performed the kill. It could be the Mafia, an SK, or a vigilante. He could've targeted a PWV, or been targeted by a CPR doctor. While, with a mislynch, you have people who voted for the dead townie with questionable motive/arguments/accusations/whatever. You get their interactions with players from both. A lynch gives you a lot more to go off of than a night kill.

-This is the Power Role Problem. When to reveal? Ideally, not until said reveal will end the game in victory for the town. However, I believe that in most games, a guilty investigation result is always worth revealing. Less significant information, not always, but people don't need to reveal information to act upon it. Every vote counts, and a cop who knows someone is innocent not voting for that person could swing the balance in their favour. Conversely, a cop who knows someone is probably guilty can make a case with additional confidence, increasing its strength and swinging the balance against them.
If that person is acting scummy enough, they should be lynched anyway because they could be a godfather.

Nuke. Fuck you as well.

PFP, no electricity, battery officially 'low'.

I don't see how color choice has anything to do with Andrew being scum. Unless you want to explain it to me, stop trying to be Org and play the damn game.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 27, 2011, 06:22:45 pm »

Darvi: ...So you're trying to say that in a logical debate, you can just ignore all the questions you don't want to answer? That is not true.

In any event, no, Nuke, I didn't think that was lynchworthy. It was a pressure vote, and I thought you HAD been berating me for not being able to time travel. unvote Nuke.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #221 on: November 27, 2011, 06:43:07 pm »

RVS vote, why do you still exist? Unvote.

Why are you so passive in forming opinions on Nuke's plan ? Do you agree or not ?
His no-lynching is illogical (but usual for his meta, right?). I don't agree with Nuke on no-lynch, but lynching the first guy that pops up is not a good idea either. Since D1 lynches are usually useless.

Now that i think about it, with third parties this might kinda suck. *is confused*
Wait, so you say that you don't want to no-lynch, but D1 lynches are useless. Buddying AND inconsistent logic? That just doesn't sound good, TolyK.

Also, sorry for not posting much. Trying to break this habit of little posting during D1.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 27, 2011, 06:59:52 pm »

Nuke
Ignoring people is not nice, but it is a way better reaction than the one I expected! Good job, you are off the hook.

Or I just hadn't posted a reply yet...

Ottofar

I like cheeseburgers?

Jack
Andrew: It is interesting that you're ignoring NUKE completely.  Care to explain why?

I didn't have enough time to redo my post.

Simple I see you missed my RVS question so i'll ask again. Do you think by running your own mafia games you have a better chance then others at figuring out people's meta game?

Mr.Person Who would you investigate the first night if you were the cop?
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 27, 2011, 07:44:47 pm »

@Andrew: In this crop? IronyOwl. I think I said it earlier but basically I can't read players like IronyOwl. But also nobody tries to kill players like IronyOwl, either.

@NUKE: Saying a player needs to be banned from games is crossing the line. Cut that shit out. Now.

Goddamnit NUKE, you sure know how to ruin games. Continue playing but please get better and stop bringing up game theory in game. Do it out of game. When you do it in game it makes you hard to read, which I'm suspecting you're doing on purpose.

I WANT to be voting the player(s) I consider scummy, but I can't do that with any real credibility of threat. First off, NUKE has no lynch target. Spoilers, a lynch target is someone you're willing to lynch, and the only proof I or anyone else should accept of NUKE being sure enough to lynch is that NUKE is willing to vote him/her. So if I changed my vote, I would be a hypocrite based on my earlier promise. Second, and more importantly we HAVE to lynch NUKE so we can play mafia rather than mafia game theory debate. Now the game theory debate is fun and all, but it's not mafia. We won't pressure anyone, we won't learn what people are thinking, and most importantly we won't catch any scum by bouncing math and opinions off NUKE. Basically as long as NUKE is alive we're not going to be able to have a productive day at all. I strongly suggest everyone stop responding to NUKE's game theory related statements (which are, by the way, all incorrect. Every single one of them) and focus solely on his in-game statements. Enough of that and maybe NUKE will be free to question some people and reveal himself. That would be splendid, if I actively start thinking NUKE is town AND NUKE isn't forcing all the game's attention onto useless shit I'd drop my vote in a heartbeat. It's just that right now he's an impossible to read leaning scum who's fucking with everyone else's scumhunting.

Lynching a useless townie who's acting scummy is better than no lynching. Lynching a townie who's intentionally and actively making scumhunting difficult to impossible? MUCH better than a no lynch and MILES ahead of any other lynch short of one on a mafia member or cult leader. Even an SK or jester or any other third party lynch manages to be worse, that's how bad a disruptive townie is.

Of course when you say terribly scummy things like "lynch Webadict tomorrow he's scum if he lives", before the first night passes, you start to look very scummy. If you were a townie the scum would probably not kill Webadict and then laugh as you start WIFOMing yourself about if he's scum or not. Or, more realistically, you're just trying to get support for a Webadict lynch without actually getting your hands dirty. That's called "Lightning Rodding", and it's a tactic only scum should be using.

The fact Webadict is buddying you makes the both of you very, very scummy. I don't think I need to even mention why.

More later, I just need to get this out right now.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 27, 2011, 09:43:08 pm »

Of course when you say terribly scummy things like "lynch Webadict tomorrow he's scum if he lives", before the first night passes, you start to look very scummy. If you were a townie the scum would probably not kill Webadict and then laugh as you start WIFOMing yourself about if he's scum or not. Or, more realistically, you're just trying to get support for a Webadict lynch without actually getting your hands dirty. That's called "Lightning Rodding", and it's a tactic only scum should be using.

The fact Webadict is buddying you makes the both of you very, very scummy. I don't think I need to even mention why.

More later, I just need to get this out right now.
The real question is would scum WIFOM. I don't think so, ergo, I don't think NUKE is scum. And yes, I did just use WIFOM on the use of WIFOM. He seemed genuinely sincere about it, so I figured he's probably town.

So, is it better to lynch someone you think is Town but is "useless" over someone you don't think is Town?

Also, I'm going to have to revote TolyK. He keeps posting passively. His not-taking-a-side is annoying me more and more.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 60