Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 60

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia - The only way to win is to not play. [Game over!]  (Read 89012 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Nice theoretical OMGUs there, ECF.

Darvi: Your case on ECrown. Let's hear it.
While there's several people who're being absolutely horrible right now (except for NUKE because I'm still convinced that he's doing it on purpose), ECF got my vote when he basically admitted to activelurking.

And his last post only confirms to me that nothing of value will be lost if he turns out to be town anyway.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Orange: Surprised you just now realized that, but okay.

Andrew: Considering Simple is now being replaced, are you going to vote for NUKE? Or are you just going to keep on threatening lurkers safely? And how am I a lurker when we've posted the exact same amount?

Urist McArathos: Do you have a secondary suspicion at the moment?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

CrownofFire: If you could lynch three people right now, who would they be and why?
Not me, not I, and not myself.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

CrownofFire: If you could lynch three people right now, who would they be and why?

Because they're not me :P

Oh, fine. TolyK's reasons have been stated before. NUKE is just plain annoying and really fucking stupid. And Irony is just... suspicious. Talking about "trapping" NUKE, and is generally a little "off".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Because they're not me :P

Oh, fine. TolyK's reasons have been stated before. NUKE is just plain annoying and really fucking stupid. And Irony is just... suspicious. Talking about "trapping" NUKE, and is generally a little "off".
That makes no sense. NUKE is suspicious, but so is Irony for trapping him? What? This is like Mr.Person-logic right there. You can't go after both for opposite things. Not only that, but WHY would anyone want to unvote you? I wouldn't. The only reason I'm not voting you is because TolyK is doing what you're doing, but worse.

Seriously, look at the contents of your posts. They have nothing. You don't put any thought into them. You're just copying other people, if other people were just writing things with no reasoning.

Your suspicions don't have any reasoning. Explain to me how they have any reasoning if you disagree. See, I can believe you being busy, but I can't believe that that is all you can write.

And TolyK, are you ever going to 1) vote, 2) give us some suspicions, or 3) do anything?

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile

OB: They're doing much the same thing, but Crown's deflecting and total lack of a real defense is what pushed me to him.

Think: TolyK, for similar behavior to Crown.  I'm always wary of the skilled players, so I'm watching IronyOwl and Webadict just to be safe.  I've got a funny feeling about Orangebottle, but nothing solid yet to back it.

Crown: Nice.  You're doing the exact same thing I just voted you for.  You point out a bandwagon, then argue that I should go after someone else just because.  You haven't done any hunting of your own in three days, you know.  Maybe if you did that wagon would fade.

NUKE: Are you going to do some of that hunting and pressuring you mentioned?  Because it seems all you are doing is explaining and defending yourself.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Vote Count:

Ottofar:
Dariush:
TolyK: ECrownofFire, Webadict, Urist Imiknorris,
Powder Miner:
Think0028:
OrangeBottle:
Urist Imiknorris:
Mysteriousbluepuppet:
Andrew425:
NativeForeigner:
Jack A T:
Darvi:
Urist_McArathos:
Nuke9.13: Mysteriousbluepuppet, Dariush, Powder Miner
Simple: Andrew425
Webadict:
ECrownofFire: Think0028, Simple, IronyOwl, OrangeBottle, Jack A T, Darvi, Urist_McArathos
IronyOwl:

No Lynch: Nuke9.13

Not Voting: NativeForeigner, TolyK, Ottofar

Day 1 will end Friday 12/2 at 11 PM EST, ~13.5 hours from now.

Mysteriousbluepuppet has been prodded... again.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia - A Day in the Art Museum [Day 1]
« Reply #382 on: December 02, 2011, 09:42:49 am »

Post some actual content, you dick.
Only after thee, you fuck.

Aaaaand... uuuuh... Are you going to be doing anything about the latter two?

Native, is there any particular reason you haven't ever voted since the start of the game, even during RVS?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was absent for RVS and now I'm trying to determine whether NUKE is scum or just a moron. Also looking at ECrown, but I get the feeling that he's just bad town.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Being annoying and stupid =/= scummy. We shouldn't be lynching people just because they piss us off. So, why would you?
OB: They're doing much the same thing, but Crown's deflecting and total lack of a real defense is what pushed me to him.
But TolyK seems to have done that as well.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

What are you talking about, "trapping" NUKE?
Supposedly, he hasn't/hadn't been posting anything because he's been too busy defending his Nolynch policy. If I continued to argue in depth with him about it, he'd then presumably post nothing at all under that excuse, forcing me to lynch him for being useless activelurking scum.

On a related note, guess why my vote is on you. In fact, guess why half the game's votes are on you.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

Being annoying and stupid =/= scummy. We shouldn't be lynching people just because they piss us off. So, why would you?
Because this particular annoying person is pushing a no lynch, but also somehow expects people to use the full-of-wine night actions.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Vote Count:

Ottofar:
Dariush:
TolyK: ECrownofFire, Webadict, Urist Imiknorris,
Powder Miner:
Think0028:
OrangeBottle:
Urist Imiknorris:
Mysteriousbluepuppet:
Andrew425:
NativeForeigner:
Jack A T:
Darvi:
Urist_McArathos:
Nuke9.13: Mysteriousbluepuppet, Dariush, Powder Miner
Simple: Andrew425
Webadict:
ECrownofFire: Think0028, Simple, IronyOwl, OrangeBottle, Jack A T, Darvi, Urist_McArathos
IronyOwl:

No Lynch: Nuke9.13

Not Voting: NativeForeigner, TolyK, Ottofar

All day, the paintings argued amongst themselves over who was responsible for the troubles in the museum.  After a long night arguing, ECrownofFire was picked to be tossed out.  The art gathered in a circle, and ECrownofFire was defenestrated!

Then he bounced back in the room.

"What gives?" Urist_McArathos shouted.

ECrownofFire shrugged, and said "I think it didn't take."  Too tired to argue, the paintings settle in for the night shift.

ECrownofFire has been lynched!  ECrownofFire has come back to life!

Night 1 has begun!  Night 1 will last until Monday 12/5 at 11 PM EST, or after no less than 24 hours if all night actions are in.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia - Ineffective [Night 1] [Replace Needed]
« Reply #388 on: December 04, 2011, 11:27:26 pm »

Don't forget to send in your night action!  If you have an action but don't want to do anything, please tell me that you're doing nothing so that I'm not waiting on you.  Thanks!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia - Ineffective [Night 1] [Replace Needed]
« Reply #389 on: December 06, 2011, 09:41:45 am »

Morning dawns on the gallery and a scene of destruction.  No less than three paintings have been knocked from the wall.

Webadict lies face down in a corner of the room.  On his backside is a note obsessing over his desire for power.  Clearly, he did not have the good of the gallery in his mind.

TolyK is the next painting examined.  A work depicting many scientists doing research.  Whatever secrets he had found are now lost.

IronyOwl is the third.  A powerful knight he may have been, but it wasn’t enough to keep himself free from harm.

Three paintings have been lost- two good and one bad.  Is this progress, or will it be too little, too late?  Only time will tell.

**DEFCON 4**

Webadict has been killed!  He was Power (Mafia).

TolyK has been killed!  He was LHC Particle Physicists (Town).

IronyOwl has been killed!  He was Neko Death Knight (Town).

Day 2 has begun!  Day 2 will last until Friday, 12/9 at 11 PM EST.

Spoiler: Webadict (click to show/hide)

Webadict - Power  (Mafia)

Power, power, power!  That is all you want, all you crave, and all you think about!  Watts it to you?

(Auto) Darkness:  You know when to shroud yourself in darkness, giving any non-kill action performed on you a 50% chance to fail.
(Night) Blackout:  You cut the power to someone at a critical moment, causing their action to be delayed to the following night.
(Night, 1 use) Fade to Black:  Target player permanently loses an ability.  You lose all your abilities except access to the Mafiakill.

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

TolyK - LHC Particle Physicists  (Town)

A group of nuclear researchers sit studying a readout of the Large Hadron Collider.  Think they’ve found a Higgs Boson yet?

(Auto) Scientists:  You are completely surrounded by observational equipment, so it’s easy for you to determine how many times you were targeted each night.
(Night) Research:  You can accelerate particles at a target to determine their alignment.  Possible results are Town, Mafia, or Third Party.
(Night, 1 use) Black Hole:  Secretly, you’ve discovered how to create a miniature black hole.  You can shoot one at someone to kill them.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl - Neko Death Knight  (Town)

You are cute catgirl death knight!  Meow!~   You’re adorable, but watch out for those claws!

(Auto) Kawaii:  You’re so cute that it takes an extra vote to lynch you.
(Night) Guardian:  You protect the target with your life- if they are attacked, you die in their place.
(Night, 1 use) Cat Ears:  You can focus your sensitive ears on a single target- giving you access to their goal.  You learn the specific alignment of the target, including specific third party if they are neither Town nor Mafia.  You know your inspection is sane, but not immune to any ability that would mislead an inspection. [Miller/Godfather]
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 60