Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 60

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia - The only way to win is to not play. [Game over!]  (Read 88892 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia - A Day in the Art Museum [Day 1]
« Reply #165 on: November 26, 2011, 07:28:37 pm »

*snip*
Where did all the format go? It's really difficult to read this.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 26, 2011, 07:35:34 pm »

Oh hey orange,  almost did not see you there under the flow of bullshit exiting your mouth ( or typing pad thing, whatever). A quick copy paste and maybe you will stop being a douche and actually understand stuff.
Yes, I'm the douche. I've been insulting you the whole time and calling you an ignorant sonofabitch who doesn't know the first thing about the game.

Wait. No I haven't. Shut up.

Quote from: OrangeBottle
Quote from: MBP
is question was how my RVS question would help catch scum, the answer being of course they wont do much, since they are RVS, He then proceeded to blindingly point at me for dodging is (useless) question. basically, looks to me like beginning scum trying to show he's working hard for town, yet coming waaaaaay short.
If you think I'm newscum, why are you voting for NUKE?

Because he is scummier than you ? Maybe since he seriously offered to no-lynch, and is explication was less than stellar ? You are not the center of the game, kiddo
Really? Because according to you, I'm someone who is making shit up to lynch you, says nothing but bullshit accusations, and is working really really hard to look like town but ends up looking like newscum and pissing you off. And NUKE simply voted for a no lynch. From your perspective, how am I not the scummiest thing on the planet right now?

My question wasn't useless. I was trying to get you to ask actual questions instead of stuff like,"Hey Orange, what would you do if the sky were suddenly green?". That doesn't help you catch scum. You then dodged the question by not answering it at all and calling me a hypocrite.
If your goal was for me to stop RVS-ing and ask actual question, why not actually say so ? Again with the dodging the question. I answered earlier, it was RVS. That post was posted 5 minute after the start of the game, are you blind ?
Apparently you still don't understand.
You were asking stuff like:
How did you feel about understanding that this question is actually useless ?
That isn't even an RVS question. It's completely irrelevant. I wanted you to ask better, more relevant RVS questions, as opposed to terrible crap like this.

Urist: I always fight tooth and nail, especially when faux-town idiots use faulty reasoning or blatant stupidity as their arguments. Thus my reaction to orange. Ain't Ad Hominem if it's true, dear.
I never voted for you. I don't remember calling you scum. I said your RVS questions were terrible. You just got all worked up about it.

Agreed, but then again I hate when peole are stupid around me. You hit that button pretty well.
I'd like to know where my 'faulty reasoning' and 'blatanty stupidity' are. You seem to be the only person who thinks that.

As for now, my vote will stay on Nuke, since Nolynch day 1 is counterproductive. I am aware that myslinch chances are high, but a free day is too much of a gift to scum and especially third parties.

So you have someone you think is obvnewscum, but you're voting for someone who has boycotting RVS and being pretty scummy on day one as their meta? Makes me think that the only reason you're calling me scum is to get me off your back.
Hahaha oh wow. Actually, i call you scum since you seem so intent on using fallacious argument and willfull ignorance to get people to agree with you. You can stay on my back all you want, you are only proving yourself a fool, and it's entertaining. And now point by point !
If it's so entertaining, why are you so angry? Where are these 'fallacious argument' you keep referring to?

-Dodging my question, and Urist's.
Urist i admit had valid point and they have been adressed. On yourself, if you could ask actually relevant question then I would answer them. No luck on that front so far.
Most, if not all of my questions have been relevant to this game. Even my RVS questions.

-Not voting for the person he thinks is most suspicious.
Except it's what i'm doing. Duh
Refer to my above point, NUKE vs OB in scumminess.

-Overreacting to a simple question.
You may have to point me which question it would be, from my view it's illogism/blatant disregard for fact that get me worked up.
Pow.
-Many useless RVS questions.
Nice way to end the list. Guess you needed a little padding ? You should have plenty of material, since some are still on the RVS

It seems like a waste of a day to no lynch. That's what it seems like to me.

Any other insight, oh master ? This was high caliber play, right there.
That wasn't even directed at you. I was expressing my opinion to NUKE.

Your formatting is awful. It was hard to tell whether you said something or I said something. I've separated it out, for everyone else.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 26, 2011, 08:06:49 pm »

yes yes my formating is awfull, i can't use the quote ot sav emy own ass. ty for reminding me. my answer are bolded

Now to answer to orange, since obviously understanding is not something he's good at.

Oh hey orange,  almost did not see you there under the flow of bullshit exiting your mouth ( or typing pad thing, whatever). A quick copy paste and maybe you will stop being a douche and actually understand stuff.
Yes, I'm the douche. I've been insulting you the whole time and calling you an ignorant sonofabitch who doesn't know the first thing about the game.

Wait. No I haven't. Shut up.

Cry me a river.

is question was how my RVS question would help catch scum, the answer being of course they wont do much, since they are RVS, He then proceeded to blindingly point at me for dodging is (useless) question. basically, looks to me like beginning scum trying to show he's working hard for town, yet coming waaaaaay short.
If you think I'm newscum, why are you voting for NUKE?

Because he is scummier than you ? Maybe since he seriously offered to no-lynch, and is explication was less than stellar ? You are not the center of the game, kiddo
Really? Because according to you, I'm someone who is making shit up to lynch you, says nothing but bullshit accusations, and is working really really hard to look like town but ends up looking like newscum and pissing you off. And NUKE simply voted for a no lynch. From your perspective, how am I not the scummiest thing on the planet right now?

Except that he did exactly that, voting for a Nolynch. You are tunneling, but it's hardly as bad as going no-lynch, and staying ground, on day 1. You arguments are dumb sure, but they are not detrimental to town. Pushing for a nolynch is, big time. Actually, you don't seem to creeped out by this, while it's one of the big scumtell you can get.

My question wasn't useless. I was trying to get you to ask actual questions instead of stuff like,"Hey Orange, what would you do if the sky were suddenly green?". That doesn't help you catch scum. You then dodged the question by not answering it at all and calling me a hypocrite.
If your goal was for me to stop RVS-ing and ask actual question, why not actually say so ? Again with the dodging the question. I answered earlier, it was RVS. That post was posted 5 minute after the start of the game, are you blind ?
Apparently you still don't understand.
You were asking stuff like:
How did you feel about understanding that this question is actually useless ?
That isn't even an RVS question. It's completely irrelevant. I wanted you to ask better, more relevant RVS questions, as opposed to terrible crap like this.

Random vote does anything to you ? How is that less relevant than asking someone what color they prefer ? How about you get your head out your ass and actually look at what is happening around

Urist: I always fight tooth and nail, especially when faux-town idiots use faulty reasoning or blatant stupidity as their arguments. Thus my reaction to orange. Ain't Ad Hominem if it's true, dear.
I never voted for you. I don't remember calling you scum. I said your RVS questions were terrible. You just got all worked up about it.

Agreed, but then again I hate when peole are stupid around me. You hit that button pretty well.
I'd like to know where my 'faulty reasoning' and 'blatanty stupidity' are. You seem to be the only person who thinks that.

Possibly since nobody is caring about you right now, since Nuke is focus center at the moment.
Blatant stupidity are continuing to say that you should be my top pick since you are a bussing idiot, while Nuke is voting Nolynch, a pretty scummy move. Just so you can understand it, since understanding don't seem to be easy for you Nolynch is scummier than tunneling in my opinion. Faulty reasoning, all your shit on rvs. Frankly, you are the only one caring about that.

As for now, my vote will stay on Nuke, since Nolynch day 1 is counterproductive. I am aware that myslinch chances are high, but a free day is too much of a gift to scum and especially third parties.

So you have someone you think is obvnewscum, but you're voting for someone who has boycotting RVS and being pretty scummy on day one as their meta? Makes me think that the only reason you're calling me scum is to get me off your back.
Hahaha oh wow. Actually, i call you scum since you seem so intent on using fallacious argument and willfull ignorance to get people to agree with you. You can stay on my back all you want, you are only proving yourself a fool, and it's entertaining. And now point by point !
If it's so entertaining, why are you so angry? Where are these 'fallacious argument' you keep referring to?

You don't have to believe me, but i'm not really angry. Sure, reading your arguments make me feel dumber each time, but i get over it. Then I just chuckle softly

-Dodging my question, and Urist's.
Urist i admit had valid point and they have been adressed. On yourself, if you could ask actually relevant question then I would answer them. No luck on that front so far.
Most, if not all of my questions have been relevant to this game. Even my RVS questions.

Care to show me wich one ? I seem to have missed those elusive relevant questions.

-Not voting for the person he thinks is most suspicious.
Except it's what i'm doing. Duh
Refer to my above point, NUKE vs OB in scumminess.

Do the same

-Overreacting to a simple question.
You may have to point me which question it would be, from my view it's illogism/blatant disregard for fact that get me worked up.
Pow.
-Many useless RVS questions.
Nice way to end the list. Guess you needed a little padding ? You should have plenty of material, since some are still on the RVS

It seems like a waste of a day to no lynch. That's what it seems like to me.

Any other insight, oh master ? This was high caliber play, right there.
That wasn't even directed at you. I was expressing my opinion to NUKE.

Just pointing some nice Parroting skillz

Your formatting is awful. It was hard to tell whether you said something or I said something. I've separated it out, for everyone else.

And for that I thank you. I really am terrible whith formating

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 26, 2011, 08:09:07 pm »

Still is a wreck, apparently. Sorry for that.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 26, 2011, 08:09:49 pm »

Quote from: Mysteriousbluepuppet
... ... ... You have to answer ALL questions even if they are irrelevantt (although people shouldn't be making irrelevant questions in the first place). If you do nto answer questions, ou are effectively saying that you don't need to use logic. YOU NEED TO USE LOGIC.  >:(

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 26, 2011, 08:17:34 pm »

Already asked him to point me those that i have been apparently dodging, awaiting those.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 26, 2011, 08:27:24 pm »

Sorry for the incursion, just posting to watch talented mafia play.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 26, 2011, 08:31:45 pm »

MBP:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ottofar:
Andrew, do you know why I think you're scum?
If not, try and guess.

Do you even know why yourself? If so, why not tell him?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 26, 2011, 08:53:13 pm »

Urist, asking him to point those since i really can't seem to find them.

2nd part was answered earlier.  Faulty reasoning, all your shit on rvs. and all that.

Scumhunting, sure. You can help me too if you so wish.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 26, 2011, 08:57:45 pm »

So you're going to sit on your NUKE vote and assume that he and OB are the only scum in the game, as opposed to questioning other people?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 26, 2011, 09:01:25 pm »

of course not, but i still want ot hear him out before that. Day is on until wednesday, so time is aplenty.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 26, 2011, 09:13:41 pm »

Except that he did exactly that, voting for a Nolynch. You are tunneling, but it's hardly as bad as going no-lynch, and staying ground, on day 1. You arguments are dumb sure, but they are not detrimental to town. Pushing for a nolynch is, big time. Actually, you don't seem to creeped out by this, while it's one of the big scumtell you can get.
I'm voting for NUKE right now. And I'm supposed to be the dumb/blind one. Right.
Does this mean that lynching you isn't detrimental to the town? How nice.

Random vote does anything to you ? How is that less relevant than asking someone what color they prefer ? How about you get your head out your ass and actually look at what is happening around
I'm pretty sure I've told people asking those sorts of questions to ask relevant questions. Oh, wait, look! I have!

Spoiler: Oh look, some proof! (click to show/hide)
Possibly since nobody is caring about you right now, since Nuke is focus center at the moment.Blatant stupidity are continuing to say that you should be my top pick since you are a bussing idiot, while Nuke is voting Nolynch, a pretty scummy move. Just so you can understand it, since understanding don't seem to be easy for you Nolynch is scummier than tunneling in my opinion. Faulty reasoning, all your shit on rvs. Frankly, you are the only one caring about that.
Do you even know what bussing means? And yes, I do care that people aren't asking RVS questions that have the potential to be useful.
How is a person's favorite color, the name of their dog, the type of car they drive, or favorite flavor of ice cream supposed to help you figure out if they're scum or not?

You don't have to believe me, but i'm not really angry. Sure, reading your arguments make me feel dumber each time, but i get over it. Then I just chuckle softly
Because happy people fill their posts with insults directed at the person making them happy. Right.

Care to show me wich one ? I seem to have missed those elusive relevant questions.
It's not just one. There are many questions I have asked that are relevant to the game, and I'm not going to quote all of them.

Just pointing some nice Parroting skillz
...Parroting what, exactly?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 26, 2011, 09:32:05 pm »

Vote Count:

Ottofar:
Dariush:
TolyK: Dariush, Webadict,
Powder Miner:
Think0028: Simple,
OrangeBottle: Darvi,
Urist Imiknorris: ECrownofFire,
Mysteriousbluepuppet: Urist Imiknorris, Jack A T,
Andrew425: TolyK, Ottofar,
NativeForeigner:
Jack A T:
Darvi:
Mr.Person:
Nuke9.13: Mysteriousbluepuppet, OrangeBottle, Mr.Person, Powder Miner,
Simple: Andrew425,
Webadict: Think0028, IronyOwl
ECrownofFire:
IronyOwl:

No Lynch: Nuke9.13,

Not Voting: NativeForeigner,

Day 1 will end Wednesday 11/30 at 11 PM EST.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 26, 2011, 09:34:52 pm »

In particular order

Please understand that i don't think you are an idiot based on your vote.

Indeed. Yet the whole point is that it was RVS. RVS. RVS.RVS. Jsut waiting for it to sink in your head. RVS.RVS. Should be fine now i hope.

Oh hey, he wrote bussing instead of tunneling. I should disregard that it's pretty evident what he mean, and also that he did wrote tunneling 2 times elsewhere.
Then, again, you show that you dont grasp the concept of RVS. RANDOM VOTE something. If you ask relevant question then it is not rvs.

Insult ? Nah. They are more remarks. And as in the quote, yes, stupidity makes me angry. Thus the remarks.

Well if they are so numerous why cant you even find one and post it, we have plenty of time. Please be cooperative, i can't wait to see what you will come up with.

And finally, stating the blatantly oblivious, especially when it has been stated earlier, does not count as being active. Parroting since you failed to add anything remotely relevant. Nolynching is a loss of a day ? Golly jeepers, i would never have guessed it. Except i did.

In other notes, Native, you have yet to cast a vote. Any suspicion ?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 26, 2011, 09:51:49 pm »

MBP, RVS does not mean asking complete and utter crap questions that don't serve a purpose. It means asking questions that are probing and getting leads and reactions form them.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 60