Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What do I do with all this *Candy*?  (Read 567 times)

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
What do I do with all this *Candy*?
« on: November 19, 2011, 09:18:51 am »

Greetings, fellow dwarves, and today I have one simple question to ask.

I have found two viens worth of *Candy* and I have been going about digging them. I have also realized just how much adamantine two viens is, and it hasn't even been a full year since we first embarked in this area, so we don't have much of a population, and hence we only have a single dwarf in the military, which means it won't take much *Candy* to make her armed and armored.

So my question is, what the @#$% do we do with the *Candy*?

From,
The Expedition Leader of 'MindFullences'
Shit! He's flatlining! Quick, get the Doctor in!

Doctor: Nah, I'm on break.

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile
Re: What do I do with all this *Candy*?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 10:49:30 am »

Save it, make more armor/weapons for your future military, pave every hallway!!!!
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 01:37:16 pm »

good quality furniture is great to increase nobles room levels very quickly. Plus other furniture made from it gives dwarves happy thoughts if placed it high traffic areas
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 02:05:44 pm »

I would save it, work on getting it processed and into wafers, then wait til you have a legendary +5 armorsmith/weaponsmith and equip an army with masterwork weapons and armor. That's a x2 bonus, if I remember right...
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 06:14:26 pm »

First year? Wait before processing it if you don't want lots of ambushers, and worse things, coming at you. Many attackers are triggered by created wealth, which can be very much boosted by candy. Also, such increased wealth will bring lots of migrants, which depending on your needs might be good or bad.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 06:16:50 pm »

First year? Wait before processing it if you don't want lots of ambushers, and worse things, coming at you. Many attackers are triggered by created wealth, which can be very much boosted by candy. Also, such increased wealth will bring lots of migrants, which depending on your needs might be good or bad.

How is that Fun?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand