Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 235940 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #3300 on: May 22, 2012, 02:21:55 pm »

Read every page of this thread so far and I love it. Can I be ponified? I don't want any of the foals, I would prefer a migrant that I can shape a story around.

Welcome to the RP, If you want to start making scenes come down to the IRC channel where we plan and set up scenes.

http://cbe003.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23Dawnpick&server=irc.mibbit.net
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: May 22, 2012, 07:41:27 pm »

+ Balisong the Face-less.

Moral was walking through town right now. He had spent all day working on wooden crafts and stuffs and felt super happy. He had intoxicating smile on his face and was now just enjoying a mindless stroll, mainly because he hadn’t the slightest clue what he was doing. As Moral continued his great walk, he suddenly ran into something purple and annoying so hard that hard that his pointy green hat fell off. “Oh, um.... ouch... what did I... um... what happened?”

"Oof!" says the annoying purple thing from her current position on the ground. Jury has been walking along purposefully as always, on her way back home after a day spent being mostly useless with papers in her office, and has just turned a corner only to be impacted by something, presumably another pony, and now she was sprawled on the ground with a green hat perched stupidly on her face. She blasts it off with a burst of magic, sending it sailing into the air, absolutely furious. "Watch where you are going, you moronic imbecile!" she snaps, without waiting for an apology.

Moral looked sad as his hat flew off of Jury’s face. The big red pony didn’t honestly plan on hurting anyone. “Oh... um uh... I sorry, I no mean to um... BUCKING hell... what’s the word... OH! hurt! that’s the word... I didn’t mean to hurt nopony...” said Moral as he levitated his pointy hat back onto his head.

"You will find I do not care; you should be alert to the possibility of running ponies smaller than yourself over and not merely dandering along in a daze like an idiot!" Jury picks herself up, tossing her mane indignantly.  I know this one...the documentation on him is...interesting.

Moral was clearly distressed. How could anypony call him an idiot, he was clearly capable at his job and what he did in his free time was nopony’s concern. “B-but I no to be an idiot...” The stallion then gave Jury a sad smile and said, “why can’t we just be nice to each other?”

"You may find you initiated the being-inconsiderate-to-each-other aspect of this little meeting by rudely crashing into me." sniffs Jury haughtily, casting a critical eye over the alicorn. That hat is ridiculous...

Moral tilted his head in confusion. “I wasn’t... um... what was it... Got it! I wasn’t trying to run into you, but you be trying to be mean to me.” Moral then gave a blank stare of in the distance. “Wait... what were we doing here again?”

Jury scowls. This pony is giving me a gods-damned headache... "Oh, shut up, you fool." she mutters, stepping around him with a disgusted look on her face. Clearly an idiot.

“Oh... um... okay...” Moral looked visibly sad. somehow his great happy mood had turned bad. The sad pony just walked away, with a big frown. “I only w-wanted to be nice...”

Balisong was making her way around town when she spied a curious sight. The Grand Master Moral, apparently being harassed by town judge, and then walking away appearing rather upset. Curious as to what could be have been going on she makes her way to the scene. “Master Moral.” she says in a soothing tone, “What happened? Why do you look so sad?”

Moral felt slightly less sad now that his friend has had shown up. “S-s-s-s-she um...she called me a f-f-f-fool.” said Moral pointing his hoof at Jury.

Balisong has a confused look on her face, “Why would she say that? You aren’t a fool. No fool would be a Grand Master Pyromancer. Did you tell her who you are? You should go back and make her apologize!”

The big pony sighed and thought for a second. “um... uh.... Okay... I guess we could.” The big guy looked rather saddened and also like he desperately needed a hug.

Balisong reaches out a forehoof and pats Moral’s shoulder, as well as she can reach. “Hey, my Dad says that a good pony should not insult others nor let themselves be insulted. You shouldn’t take that from her.”

Moral’s face started to show the beginnings of a smile. “um... okay then.” Moral then procedded to walk after Jury. “Hay Jury! You say sorry, before I get angry.”

"Sorry? Sorry for what?" asks Jury, neither breaking stride nor even bothering to look at Moral. "Sorry for being run into by your eminent self? I hardly think so."

“You shouldn’t um... DAMNIT... OH! be mean to me. I’m a grandmaster!” said Moral, clearly seeming distressed, as he followed Jury.

Balisong watching and listening to the conversation thus far, puts her hoof to her face, ’...Maybe he should have just let it go.’ she thinks to herself.

"A grandmaster? How hugely interesting." says Jury, in the most sarcastic tone she can manage. "In what, exactly? Bothering ponies more important than yourself when all they want to do is retire to their home after a hard day working than, presumably, lazing about and being useless such as I presume you have been doing."

“I’ll show you what I’m a grandmaster at you... you, um.. uh... BUCKING DAMNIT!!!!” Moral’s horn glew sickening red as the grass around the two ponies suddenly was covered in a red glow for a matter of seconds, and then spontaneously combusted into a three foot tall circle of flames. “You Irate, pride struck pony? How dare you insult me so! You should show respect to somepony who can immolate your very physical being in the FIRE OF A THOUS-

Jury interrupts the alicorn's rant by screaming very very loudly, her arrogant demeanour evaporating in an instant as she suddenly becomes beside herself with fear. "PARTISAN! PARTISAN! SOMEPONY!" she shrieks, leaping away from the flames and the clearly deranged, murderous psychopath and charging her own magic, much weaker though it was. Her face twisted in terror, she nevertheless prepares to at least be boiled alive with a shred of dignity.

“-AND IMPLODED SUNS!” Moral walks slowly through the circle of fire, not even being the slightest bit burnt. “Oh, did you honestly assume you could disrespect me, GrandMaster Moral Decay Bringer of Doom!” as the word left Moral’s mouth the fire behind him seemed to grow further upward. The dark red alicorn gave the spiteful unicorn in front of him a sickening look that conveyed both rage and joy.

Balisong’s facehoof quickly turned into a look of sheer terror. “BUCK.” she yelped a moment later, in such a way that would certainly get her scolded by her father had he heard her, before she decides to head home immediately, half running half flying as she flees the scene.

“BALISONG, GET YOUR FATHER!” yells Jury, panicking even more as she sees her only hope of aid fleeing the scene. She tries to back away from the flames, but is already at the centre of the circle, and she finds herself unable to get any further away from the searing heat. “STOP, YOU MANIAC!” she screams, about to lose it completely. None of her limited magical ability covered anything to do with fire, but if she was going to die otherwise she would quite happily empty raw magic into the flames, regardless of the potential dangers of an uncontrolled spell like that.

The fire instantly degraded from its original height to about two inches. “Oh... pardon me but I do believe you inquired what I was a Grand Master at. You see I’m a pyromancer, and I thought you of all the ponies in the fort deserved a decent display of my capabilities.” Moral then raised his hoof to his chin and inquired for a moment “Also what would have happened if you had actually been assaulted  by a vile pony? wouldn’t you agree that such an important pony as yourself needs a guard?”

Jury lets the mad pony finish speaking, lest she set him off again, before she replies: "Put the fire out! All of it! Please!" she implores, still quivering with fear.

“Yes, yes, of course.” suddenly all the small fires extinguished except for a small quivering flame that he kept his eyes fixated on. “Now, please, I’d like to keep this professional. Would you feel secure having me guard you? I mean what kind of foal would try to harm me.”

As if on cue, the unicorn Glaive arrives on the scene, his axe floating in the air next to him and his shield on his back. “Jury!? What’s going on? Balisong said something bad was going on and I saw smoke?”

“Oh, dear Glaive, Miss Jury here Asked to see what I was a grand master at, so I gave her a harmless demonstration of my exponential skills in pyromancy. I was all in good spirit, I actually was hoping to apply for a job guarding her from pesky little pony who would dare threaten her.” said Moral, not giving Jury time to reply.

"HE TRIED TO SET ME ON FIRE HELP ME HE IS A LUNATIC!" screams the slightly singed mare in one very panicked breath, seeing a saviour arrive at last, scurrying over to Glaive's side while Moral prattles some of his insanity. She tries to say something else, too, but realises she's just called the mad pony insane to his face, and only a small squeak comes out as she cowers behind the axepony.

“Oh please stop your hogwash, I was only trying to give you a free light show. Someponies would pay hundreds of bits to see a grand master pyromancer entertain them” Moral was honestly enjoying twisting his actions so that they seemed justified.

Glaive grasps his axe in his mouth and lifts his artifact shield into the air, which he keeps close to his body. He speaks through his words are obstructed by his weapon, “Moruul...Huu’ve gone too far dis time. I’m plashing you under arresht. Pleassh don’t try and reshist.”

“You put her under arrest as well then, she rammed into me before she even got a free light show, which I only gave was as a way to try to mend our stressed relationship. I swear I try to make friends with her, I even waste my time trying to entertain the irate lier and I get arrested. I swear there really is no justice.”

"No justice?! No grass left!" retorts Jury, pointing out the huge area of scorched earth left behind by Moral's display of pyrotechnics. "And my mane!" she adds, a few burnt strands of previously straw-coloured hair falling to the ground as she quakes, still terrified, behind Glaive.

“Really? You are the pony who tried to jump through a wall of fire, and you dare imply that This was my fault. If it weren’t for me you could have caught fire, for you foalish act of raw stupidity. This mare is obviously insane!” Moral lifted his hat and showed a mark where the unicorn had blasted it. “She even assaulted my hat for no particular reason. Harming masterwork is a crime my dear little pony.”

Glaive concentrates on keeping both his axe and shield floating, so he could speak freely. He couldn’t fight like that, but he could hold it for awhile. “Moral. I didn’t see what happened. But I do see scorch marks and one terrified mare. For now, you are under arrest, but I promise you the guard captain will do a full investigation. Now. Will you come peacefully?” The last word comes with great insistence from the young captain.

Moral was still eyeing the small flame he had yet to put out. “Well, I’d like to clarify. harm by negligence it only a week in jail, but harming a master work like my silk hat here is a month in Jail. see, her horn left a hole in it. We should both be arrested for today’s events.”

The alicorn had already proven his insanity, so Jury pays no attention at all to his lunatic ravings. No way, no way was anypony that dense. A month in jail for a hat that already had a hole in it?! Maybe he cannot even tell he himself is an alicorn! I really hope those magic suppressors in the cell below are tuned right up...

“You can tell that to the Guard Captain when you speak with him, and press charges then, for now.” Glaive puts his axe back in his mouth, steels himself in case he resists, and begins to approach the alicorn. “Hu are comink wit me.”

“Meh, fine, but I will require a small flame be present in the room while I converse with Partisan. I can’t think for shit without a fire for me to look at. You see, I have a debilitating condition that should make it so I’m not responsible for my actions, and also make my I.Q. drops like a stone.”

“Dat ishn’t up ta me, but hy will include hur request in my report.” says Glaive through his axe, as he moves to take the alicorn to the dungeons.

Meanwhile, some distance away, watching and hiding young Balisong observes her father arresting Moral. The little filly couldn’t help but feel responsible for all this. It was, after all, her who told Master Moral to stand up for himself, but she hadn’t imagined that he would do it in such a dangerous way.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: May 22, 2012, 07:51:21 pm »

Read every page of this thread so far and I love it. Can I be ponified? I don't want any of the foals, I would prefer a migrant that I can shape a story around.

Glad you like it.  I had some migrants recently, but the list on the front is immensely out of date.  I hope to get that up later this week in an update for the fort.

Oh, and apologies for being MIA everyone.  Crappy internet + being busy didn't leave much room for Dawnpick the last few days.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dwarfiame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: May 22, 2012, 08:31:42 pm »

Glad you like it.  I had some migrants recently, but the list on the front is immensely out of date.  I hope to get that up later this week in an update for the fort.

Oh, and apologies for being MIA everyone.  Crappy internet + being busy didn't leave much room for Dawnpick the last few days.
Good, I'll send you a google doc on my character sheet in a pm. It won't be permanent and will be subjected to change.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: May 22, 2012, 11:03:23 pm »

(Glaive's Report to Partisan about the Moral Incident.)

I was at my home on the Xth of Y. ((I'll put in a date when one is decided upon)) When my daughter Balisong came running up to me. She was panicked and I couldn't understand what she was saying in full. But the words, "Fire" and "Moral" came through clearly. I grabbed my axe and shield and rushed down to the scene of the crime. Which was easily located due to the smoke. I saw Moral standing over the terrified form of miss Jury. The grass was scorched away to the now blackened earth around them.

As I tried to determine what had happened. Jury ran behind me screaming that the "Lunatic" pony had tried to set her on fire. Moral denied such accusations, claiming it was just a light show. Judging from the effected area, I do not believe he was actually trying to kill Miss Jury, had he intended that she would be dead right now. However, it is possible he was threatening her, though I don't know for what motives. That at least was my assumption. I told him he was under arrest. He did not resist, but told me I should arrest Jury as well, for damaging his hat, which he calls a masterwork. I informed him that he would be free to discuss that with the Captain of the Guard. He then requested that a lit flame be present when he is questioned. He claimed that he needs a flame present in order to think clearly.

I do not know if that is actually the case. But that might actually be true. He was very lucid when he spoke with me and he watched the small fire that remained, much more so than what I have heard about him from other ponies at least. It may seem unusual, but magic often works in unintuitive ways, and his claim may very well be true, should he have suffered some sort of magic related trauma in his past. Though it is obviously more likely an act. Should you decide to honor his request, but desire additional security, while speaking with him, I volunteer myself, and my squad for that task.

Regardless, after making those requests he did not resist and was placed in a private cell to await questioning.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 11:24:41 pm by KingStrongbeard »

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: May 23, 2012, 07:38:09 pm »

((Granite's hospital experience))

Granite's Journal, Dates are for sissy's

Gods, I've been stuck in this bed for the past three days. I'm writing this now because the only family member I assume cares about me came by with this old piece of crap of a book. I would take a moment to thank Wisteria for her kind services and being the one sister I had that never cried or broke my crap, instead just sat there and watched my every movement. I think she was the only sister I let into the attic, I mean Brownie Bits cried to everything that happened and Purple Prose destroyed half of my stuff. Hence why I have a mild dislike for young unicorns learning how to do magic stuff. But none of this is very important.
The important part is that I lost my kidney and Jaxler is arrested.
I awoke to the sounds of shouting outside my humble apartment and I went to investigate. I witnessed the fortress guards surrounding Jaxler and a crumpled up Partisan. I ran over to Jaxler, despite Indigo's random bull that never ceased to spew from his mouth. I tried to pull him up, again ignoring Indigo, and then I saw Kat take aim outside a window. I heard the crossbow fire a bolt, and I jumped in front of it. I felt a sharp pain as the bolt pierced my abdomen and I screamed in pain. I screamed. I heard Indigo's voice one last time before passing out. Later I woke up in this bed. Simple.
No visitors before Wisteria. I wonder how Friesden's doing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Entry Two, Four days after a day before yesterday...

Wisteria dropped by once or twice and gave me the book on ores Stiletto gave me when I tried to break into her house. Fun times. According to Panacea I only have two more days after this. I can't wait to get out of here. I feel like a pegasus in a crypt... I like that analogy! Mom and dad dropped by to finally check up on their only son. Swell parents, the best. Still no visit from Friesden though, does she still care about me? I'm apparently recovering well, kinda surprising, never knew I was so quick to heal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Entry Three, Day past the last entry I think...

Still no Friesden. I miss her. I might be worried too, considering she's the mayor's personal guard. I hate the mayor, he ordered the masons to build him a gold door. How the hell did they pull that off?
But I still miss Friesden.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Entry Four, Last day.

I'm out of here after this day is over! Thank the gods!
Still no visit from Friesden.

Friesden...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 07:40:55 pm by L1wW »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: May 23, 2012, 08:53:36 pm »

Jaxler was sitting in the cell's bed, hiding under the covers. the walls were still horrible. He was tired of the annoying walls and couldn't get much sleep, though he was doing better then he had been when he first got stuffed in the cell. The red maned pony heard something coming down the cell's stairs but didn't bother to move and just continued to lay there. For all he knew it could just be Jury coming back down to mess with him.

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: May 23, 2012, 08:56:04 pm »

The second Granite got out of the hospital, he knew he needed to see Jaxler. He took a bolt for him after all. "J-jaxler? It's me... Granite..." Granite spoke with a hint of fear in his voice. "H-how are you feeling?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: May 23, 2012, 08:59:01 pm »

Jaxler didn't bother to get out of his covers, but still responded to Granite. "I'm f-feeling crappy..."

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: May 23, 2012, 09:02:15 pm »

Granite approached the cell bars and made out Jaxler lying in a bed. "How's prison treating you Jaxler, I'm s-sorry I couldn't have helped you more back there..." He said, his words blended with his feelings of being inferior of those around him.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: May 23, 2012, 09:08:47 pm »

Jaxler still hid under his covers, at least Granite still wanted to be his friend. "G-granite, don't feel sorry, I shouldn't h-have let you get hurt or even been in a p-position where you could be harmed. It's my... my fault... and prisons has been treating me horribly... but don't worry I k-kinda deserve it." 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 09:11:41 pm by jaxler »

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: May 23, 2012, 09:14:19 pm »

"Jaxler..." Granite says, his voice cracks from overwhelming sadness. "I... I forgive you Jaxler..." He says. "You never did finish training me Jaxler..."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: May 23, 2012, 09:20:56 pm »

"I-I... I'll get back to training y-you once I get out... you d-deserve it..."

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: May 23, 2012, 09:22:34 pm »

"T-thanks Jaxler." Granite pauses. "I... uh got out of the hospital, I lost one of my kidneys, I'm becoming more like you each day... Friesden never visited me..." He let that last part slip out.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: May 23, 2012, 09:37:02 pm »

Jaxler heart skipped a beat. Granite lost his kidney because of himself, it was his fault.. Jaxler got up and walked over to Granite, did he honestly know what having one kidney did to his life expectancy. "G-g-granite, I'm sure Friesden just doesn't know that your hurt. I-I-I'm sure that she wouldn't just abandon you, she's a nice filly."

Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 239