Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236321 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #2505 on: April 12, 2012, 08:13:32 pm »

"I really don't enjoy many things, and I sure as hell haven't found a job that makes me feel 'fulfilled'... Why the hell haven't you answered my question yet?"
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: April 12, 2012, 08:50:24 pm »

"Because we seem to be playing question for a question, but I will be fair. I was concerned for the other ponies your mood would effect, like Granite and Flux. I think they would prefer to see you happy. Maybe you should give farming a try. You will help to produce the boozes you do so enjoy drinking and your endurance will help you greatly."
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: April 12, 2012, 09:02:52 pm »

"Why would I want to spend my life doing something as mundane and repetitive as farming. If I was to waste my life doing a mindless job I might as well go back to woodworking, at least I could make a decent amount of bits doing that."
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:49:07 pm by jaxler »

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: April 12, 2012, 11:58:59 pm »

"Is it your passion? Every pony needs to find something they enjoy working on. Like how I am mechanic when I can be."
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: April 13, 2012, 12:15:15 am »

"My passion? What the hell makes you think that I have a passion. I've lived 73 years and haven't done a single job that has filled my soul with something as fictional as passion"
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 12:25:06 am by jaxler »

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: April 13, 2012, 12:30:29 am »

"Oh, Jaxler, that is very sad to hear. In my 74 years I have found many passions to excel at. What are some of your hobbies?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: April 13, 2012, 08:42:15 am »

Dear Diary

This is my first diary and I am writing it because Mrs Falcata says it’s important to make sure that you write down what happens because otherwise you don’t remember what happens and then everypony gets confused because one pony thinks it’s Monday and the other pony thinks it’s Thursday and then everypony gets into an argument and then has to compromise and say it is Saturday which is silly because then the dates get all confused and then nopony remembers what month it is and the calendars are all wrong and then everypony has to throw them out and then ponies get mad because calendars cost money and not everypony can afford two calendars in one year and it’s a luxury that we at Dawnpick (that’s where I live and mister Glaive says it’s in the Plane of Forever and that it’s too far away from most places for ponies to go to and that means that we don’t have to worry about having to share with other ponies so there is always enough to go around with the ponies here and that means that everypony can afford even five calendars in one year but I don’t know how much a calendar cost so I didn’t ask anymore so I decided to fly around in circles until I felt dizzy (that’s how I got my name Dizzy because I like flying around until I’m dizzy and almost-dad calls me Friesdizzy which is silly because my name is Friesden or Dizzy and it can’t be both because then it would be Friesdendizzy or Dizzyfriesden and they sound silly (even sillier than the other foals except for Granite he’s a serious foal and he drinks and he works and he steals and now he plays the lute and everypony says he stole the lute (except the adults and everypony knows adults are silly and say things that aren’t true like Celestia and Luna and silly things like that and everypony knows that it’s Lord Kashez and Lady Kat who are the gods and they’re the nicest gods ever and mister Glaive says they’re the best gods too and so does Mrs Falcata) but he says he didn’t that mister Flux gave it to him and mister Flux and mister Jaxler are teaching him how to make music and be a good pony and not steal anymore which is good because Mrs Virtue says stealing is wrong and so does mister Glaive and Mrs Falcata and all the other adults and they said Jaxler was a bad pony because he stole but he’s a nice pony and he doesn’t like me touching his crossbow so I don’t touch it but I think he’s a really nice pony almost as nice as mister Glaive and Mrs Falcata but he doesn’t tell stories like they do so he’s not as nice but he likes bunnies too and that makes him nice and he’s a nice pony and nice ponies aren’t bad ponies so he’s not a bad pony) and silly names aren’t as good as bunnies because bunnies are cute and fuzzy and they hop around saying meow all the time (but they don’t say meow but I don’t know what bunnies say because scary lady and almost-dad don’t want me to have a bunny until I do all my jobs and I don’t remember all my jobs and he says that I’m a nice pony and a nice little Friesdizzy but I’m not ready for a pet bunny yet so I don’t have one and I can’t wait till I can get one because they’re the nicest!) and being cute and happy together and I’m a bunny too and I hop around all day saying “Meow!” to the other ponies and that’s bunny speak for “Hello!” and I make sure to tell the other ponies what it means in bunny speak because otherwise that would be mean and bunnies aren’t mean and then I wouldn’t be a bunny and then I don’t know what I’d be because I’m a bunny and I don’t know what else but I’m sure mister Glaive and Mrs Falcata would be nice and help me find out what I was because they’re nice ponies and they tell me all these nice stories and they all have happy endings because the ponies in them are nice and good and they don’t be mean or bad like the bad ponies and mister Glaive calls them diomedians and so does Mrs Falcata and mister Glaive says he had to keep the nice ponies safe from the other bad ponies that’s why he has his scars which he says make him look ugly but he’s a nice pony so he doesn’t look ugly he looks like the nice ponies in mister Glaive’s stories and the stallions and the colts are always handsome and the mares and fillies are always beautiful and Mrs Falcata says I’m one of the most beautiful fillies she’s ever laid eyes on so I must be a nice pony so mister Glaive is handsome too because he’s a nice pony so he isn’t ugly) have but not everypony has them so they have to have diaries instead because otherwise they get confused and that’s bad because then they have arguments and fights and I don’t like the arguments because Dad and Mum never argued because they were nice to each other and can’t everypony be nice to each other because then there’d be no bad ponies and everypony would be happy and Mrs Falcata said that some ponies don’t know how to be nice to each other or don’t want to and I don’t know why anypony wouldn’t want to be nice and I said I didn’t know why they wouldn’t want to be nice and she said that some ponies don’t know how to be nice to themselves or each other and I asked them why we couldn’t teach them how and she said that they don’t want to learn how and I understood because I didn’t want to learn how to fly because I liked Dad carrying me around everywhere but then I learned to fly and then I found this great new game that I told you about which is flying around in circles till I felt dizzy and it’s so fun and you should try it but you don’t have wings and Mrs Falcata said that diaries aren’t good to play games with so maybe you shouldn’t because then you might get hurt and Mrs Falcata says you get hurt easily so we shouldn’t play games together but it doesn’t matter because I can just tell you what happens so you don’t have to get hurt playing the games but you learn how fun they are without getting hurt.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 08:44:41 am by Dsarker »
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: April 13, 2012, 09:51:11 am »

"I don't need or want your pity, and the only 'hobby' I have is drinking"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: April 13, 2012, 05:36:56 pm »

"Zleh sal? Zeu yekjal je zleh sal?!" Powder Miner was getting a bit frantic. He understood this to mean that something had happened to the ancestral clan city where Oil Macepony and earlier he had lived.
((The city? What happened to the city?!)
"...Zleh Diomedians." Oil Macepony drooped a bit.
((...The Diomedians.))
"DIOMEDIANS?" Powder Miner couldn't believe it. They'd done it. The Diomedians had attacked the clan city. He turned to Panacea because he may have startled her with that. "I meant my old home, the clanland city... ... ... the Diomedians attacked it, is what she's saying... she's... she's my lover, from the clan city... I... I need to think."
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 05:39:21 pm by Powder Miner »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: April 13, 2012, 05:58:00 pm »

Panacea had certainly renewed her interest after hearing the word diomedians.  She turns to face the two and gives him a concerned look.  "I... I'm sorry to hear that.  Do you want some alone time?"  She glances to Oil Macepony.  "She's going to be fine, her injuries weren't too serious."
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: April 14, 2012, 05:37:32 am »

((It is a bit of a predicament, where to put this scene in time. Late autumn 258, I suppose. After the conquest of the badger pony hill and before the end of winter 258 and before Jaxler gets arrested.))

((I wanted to wait for the conclusion of Stiletto being accused by Glaive, but this scene has little relevance with that, so I might as well get it out of the way.))

Indigo has easy access to planned constructions as a mason. What he saw was unbelievable. He confirmed it with Mortar and decided to go see Virtue immediately. He knocks, and walk into her office, visibly angry. "Hello, Lady Virtue. It seems, you have made a big mistake."

Virtue flinches at the expression on his face and the accusation he was making.  Was this going to become routine?  Today was already turning into one of those days, where she wanted to go lock herself in her room and pretend, she was ill.  Maybe she would be shortly, regardless.  "A... mistake?  What do you mean?" she cautiously asks.

Upon seeing her expression, he closes his eyes, calms down a bit, then begins. "Sorry. I know, this is no way to talk to a superior." He sighs. "Stiletto is building a mansion on a hill overlooking Dawnpick. Don't you see any problem with that?"

She cocks her head.  "I'm concerned for her safety outside the walls, but is there something else I should know?  Another problem?"

"Saftey? No, she can and will defend herself." he frowns. Besides there is some kind of shack to the south. I it is probably a hunter's lounge, and nopony lives there, but there weren't any problems with it being outside the walls so far. "Anyway, are the funds for the mansion coming from Dawnpick's treasury?"

So that's what this was about.  Well, looks like she might get off a bit easier than she expected.  "No, no, of course not.  She's paying for it herself.  Apparently her family is quite wealthy and sent her the money for it."

Ah... so this will at least improve the trade with caravans. "Good, but have you even seen the plans for how big this thing is? You must have. It is obviously above her station. A mansion on a hill overlooking the town is going to give the impression, that she is the ruler and owner of Dawnpick. Doesn't this bother you? Or what the Crown will think about it, when the liaison looks at the mansion and presents his report? She is a stranger among us, and holds no position of authority."

"It doesn't bother me, no," she replies, trying to digest the rest of what he said.  "It might be above her station, as you put it, but if she has the money for it, I don't see why titles should keep her from having it.  She might not be able to do something like this in Coupledye, but the laws governing the allocation of land and restrictions based on position in these lands fall to me."  She shrugs slightly.  "If she can afford it and wants it, I don't see why she shouldn't have it.  I'd do the same for you or anypony else here."

"Look around you. Her influence over this town grows. If this continues, soon she will be the de-facto ruler." She is keeping her side. Why am I not surprised.

"She wants a nice house, that she can afford and has a number of friends, but she's not trying to be the ruler of anypony," Virtue replies.  Why couldn't Indigo just see that?  She wasn't perfect.  Nopony was, but she wasn't trying to steal leadership from Virtue.  She'd never do that.

At the very least she and her friends will move outside the wall. "Fine, not my decision. But I won't put my hoof nor horn to the construction of this outward representation of her... her immoderation, to put it lightly. I can do other things around the camp, but not this. Oh, one more thing, I've heard, she told the soldiers to help her kill some pony badgers on that hill, so we can get more wood. She never mentioned, it was for her mansion. I wonder, what she'll do if something else stands in her way to whatever she wants at the moment. Don't you? Is the militia her personal guard now? And when I said, that she should be exiled, I didn't mean it that way."

((Telgin: don't even bother disabling his masonry in-game during the construction of her new house, this is just for RP.))

Virtue considers what he just told her.  Clearing the hills to allow Ashwood and the other woodcutters to work without fear was a good thing of course, but it did seem a bit strange for her not to mention to anypony what else she had planned.  "She's not going to hurt or undercut anypony, Indigo."  She lets out a weak sigh.  "Naginata is still her superior in the militia.  Nothing is going to change about that.  And Stiletto hasn't done anything to be exiled for." She lets out another sigh.  "But if you feel this strongly about it... I won't ask you to help build it. There is still some work that can be done with the walls here."

Indigo looks at her expression, then speaks in calmer voice. “Whenever I talk to you about her, I'm under the impression, that you think, that me pointing out the problems with her is more of a bother, than whatever outrageous thing she does at the moment. Why is this?”

She looks down briefly, and in a low voice replies, "Indigo... it's not that I think that you or your concerns are a bother.  If you're upset, I do care."  She returns her gaze to him.  "It's just that... I thought all of this was behind us.  About her, that is."  Her expression grows a bit weary.  "I'm just trying to mitigate the conflict as much as I can..."  Perhaps she was doing a poor job of that, and maybe it wasn't her place to try to quell the arguing between them, but she couldn't just sit there and watch it grow worse without trying to help.  Not that Indigo likely saw her attempts as being much 'help.'

I understand. I'm sorry that I can't make you see things my way and that I'm putting you through so much stress. I just... believe in facing problems more, then trying to diffuse them. And it in definitely not behind us, her obscenity only grows. “I'll go back to work now.” I'll get no help here. Indigo nods and slowly leaves Virtue's office. He feels, as if he was pushing against an unmoveable object the whole day and looks older and tired. He gets through the rest of his shift, and goes back to sleep early.

As Indigo leaves, Virtue places a hoof to her forehead, shuts her eyes and slowly shakes her head.  This stress was going to kill her. She didn't want to upset Indigo any more, and she did genuinely care that he was upset.  But at the same time Stiletto's new home didn't bother her and she couldn't bring herself to tell her that she couldn't have it because she wasn't important enough.  She stands and goes to lock the door to her office.  Normally she wouldn't leave for the day for another half hour, but she needed to lie down for a little while and try to forget all of this.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: April 14, 2012, 07:31:09 am »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:54:04 pm by Omicega »

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: April 14, 2012, 09:59:39 am »

"I don't need or want your pity, and the only 'hobby' I have is drinking"

Stiletto sighs and rolls her eyes

"What about animal trapping? Would that interest you? Setting cages to catch all types of wild life?"

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: April 14, 2012, 11:09:39 am »

*Deleted*
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 12:34:12 pm by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: April 14, 2012, 01:10:11 pm »

"...Y-y-yes. We would."

((Scene.))
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 239