Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236311 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #2430 on: April 09, 2012, 02:37:48 pm »

Thank you very much Maklak, that's a great summary of the pony families and their living quarters.  I'm probably going to be following through with the larger family housing idea soon.

Also, I know that Powder Miner asked for me to fix it so that Oil Macepony and Powder Miner be set to be lovers, but I haven't done that in game just yet.  Migrants were turned back on to a cap of 110 (so a few extra migrants will show up) and foals have been capped at 25, so some of the children will have to grow up before we get any more births.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: April 09, 2012, 03:42:55 pm »

"I got a arrested for something... I did before I came to dawnpick. Partisan must have decided that that was the last straw and told me that I was demoted. The hell am I saying, the sick bastard didn't demote me he bucking demoralized me, he didn't just lower my rank, he put me at the very bottom of the ranks. The bastard thought that he could just do that to me and get away with it. SO, I put a dent in his face for treating me like dirt. Then Kat ran up and slammed the blunt side of her crossbow into my head. the last thing I can remember was Partisan yelling at me trying to get me to give up my crossbow. I think Kat's crossbow strike gave me a concussion and it took me a few minutes to pas out. Anyway I woke up chained to this bed with a splitting head ache and I couldn't find my crossbow anywhere."

I would need to be careful about how I phrased this...

"You... resigned because you were demoted?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: April 09, 2012, 04:05:07 pm »

"Yes, and the bruise I left on Partisan's face is the resignation letter. Heh, I actually feel pretty crappy right now, seeing how I Let that backstabbing jackass walk out of that fight with with all his bucking teeth."
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 04:18:02 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: April 09, 2012, 04:33:05 pm »

"But... why?  Why resign over being demoted?  You didn't join the guard for prestige, you joined to help ponies.  I know the question you ask everypony who wants to join... so why does your rank matter?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: April 09, 2012, 05:04:14 pm »

"Rank matters because it shows how much the captain respects you. Partisan put me at the top AND then he just shoves me to the bottom, like freaking garbage. The bastard thought that he could demoralize me in order to make me more manageable. That's just bucking sick! And you know what? I'm willing to die for anypony in the fort but I'm not willing to work under somepony who Blatantly disrespected me in the worst of bucking ways."
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 12:03:33 pm by jaxler »

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: April 09, 2012, 05:12:25 pm »

"Why did he demote you?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: April 09, 2012, 05:14:10 pm »

"Kat has been pressuring Partisan to demote me for months now... and I kinda got arrested..."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: April 09, 2012, 05:34:53 pm »

"Um... what were you arrested for?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: April 09, 2012, 05:35:47 pm »

"Something I did in my past."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: April 09, 2012, 05:38:42 pm »

"Um... w-what did you do?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: April 09, 2012, 05:41:57 pm »

"I was a thief, and apparently I'm wanted in this country for once being such."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: April 09, 2012, 05:43:22 pm »

I look a bit worried.

"We're not going to... extradite you, are we?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: April 09, 2012, 05:52:50 pm »

"Well I probably won't get deported. When Virtue realized that I'd be executed for my crimes she got all sad about it, and told me that she wouldn't send me off. But then again, I am currently chained to a bed so I guess I might."
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 12:04:05 pm by jaxler »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: April 09, 2012, 06:00:37 pm »

((...Re-posted (three pages later) and edited to make it clearer I'm trying to start a scene with Panacea))

Oil Macepony shifted uncomfortably in the hospital bed. She'd certainly expected the languages to be a problem, but it was must more insurmountable than she had thought. She'd been taken care of well enough anyway... But the reason she had come to this particular fort is because he was here... what... what was his name in midpony? ...Let's see... She turned to the caretaker. "Powder... Miner Knothole? ... I know Powder... want see Powder... midpony very difficult, urgh." It was obvious that she was pained by having to use a language she knew very few words of, and she began muttering something in another language. Indeed, some had heard Powder Miner speaking that language before.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: April 09, 2012, 06:34:06 pm »

Sorry, I thought you were trying to start a scene but kinda figured the current one would be over soon, when it wasn't.  :)

I'll assume that this occurs before or after the current scene, not concurrently.

Panacea turns to face her newest patient, feeling a bit reassured that she was at least speaking now.  "Powder Miner?"  The mare's injuries were more than just a few bruises, but she should be alright to be left alone for a few minutes.  "Oh... okay, let me see if I can find him."  She arranges for Wool to keep his eye on her and sets off to see if she could locate him.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 239