Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236270 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #2160 on: March 31, 2012, 02:31:40 am »

Virtue is speechless for a moment.  "I... I see.  I don't understand... why would the king grant us these lands and a title to me if it was not rightly ours?"  She gives Amor another concerned look.  "Kiln... I mean, Amor... I won't ask you to do something that would endager you on counts of treason... but, I will listen to anything you have to say."
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Psalms01

• Bay Watcher
  • The last Übermensch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: March 31, 2012, 03:00:14 am »

I perk up in concern for Virtue. “Treason can not only be what action I achieve or statement I could utter; Our very ears are capable of treason.” I say, not even looking for eavesdroppers in the foreknowledge that there is none. My treason would become Our treason. “Much of what I alleged is true but I am only a pawn… a lowly one in my opinion.” I face-hoof at the arrogant foal I am. My Master’s lessons were too good; and in the end she always wins.

“These lands are yours but the Crown knows these lands worth; the right hooves must have it. And my father the true Duke is favored by the Crown…” I attempt not even to hide the truth. “Reality is everything I do may even be in favor of the King and his Princess. The truth; the lies, all of it.” I say with no verve.

“Can you forgive me?” Sorrow is left in my words. “Even if it is your will to accept me; what of your vassals? I could see it easily why they would accept me without knowing even of me; I was more then accomplished in avoiding others. I was less then than a footnote in their minds.” I look to the door as if to freedom. “I could claimable up the tallest building and announce the truth?”
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 03:16:32 am by Psalms01 »
Victoria intus Amicitia; Amor et Patientiam; Salve ad Armentum.
-Psalms01, your Adoring Omnidimensional Overlord.
> Dues Ex Magma!
> "Nah, we're fine. We have too much food anyway, bad thoughts from seeing vermin never killed nopony, refuse stockpile is less clogged, and cats are safely tucked away in a cage." -Maklak
> Dwarfy Proverb: "Every-dwarf grows there beard to different lengths."
> Psalms tries to type, but the words are deflected by the Google Docs' +broken code+! -Telgin

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: March 31, 2012, 03:19:42 am »

This was... complicated.  Virtue nods in feigned understanding, trying to buy a moment to process everything.  "I... I think I understand.  There may be... contention for the land and resources here..."

She listens to Amor's plea for forgiveness and nods with a small smile.  "Yes, I forgive you.  And I thank you for coming forward with this information."  She widens her smile a bit.  "I wouldn't worry too much about everypony else.  If... if you feel the need to tell them all the truth, then I won't stop you, but I don't think it's necessary."

Inside, she was a whirlwind of questions she wasn't sure there were answers to.  What did this mean of Dawnpick's future?

Psalms01

• Bay Watcher
  • The last Übermensch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: March 31, 2012, 03:42:55 am »

My ears turn forwards at hearing my Baroness’s forgiveness but I control my excitement. “Thank you Virtue. Now the long wait until I forgive myself.” I say looking into her eyes; my very own betraying my age of one-hundred-and-seven. “I will reflect on my future actions but announcing my truth to the world atop the fort might make me appear as some pony possessed.” I have a light laugh. We had enough possessed ponies here.

I lighten up and attempt to rebuild out confidence. The desk was piled with work that no pony could do alone… unless that pony was Virtue. “I desire no special station at this time but maybe I can accept some of your burden. I am an adequate mathematician see.” I stand and out loud I count my hooves that ascends and descends but stop short of five. I poke my tongue out in tease. “Also in my travels as artisan of stone I am more than an expert in masonry.” I let my body fall into the routine I picked up by my three years as mock regal engraver and mimic holding a chisel and hoof as hammer.

We talk more but of diminutive things; this is the first authentic discussion I had in over five years. Virtue and I could talk the day away but she had responsibilities in my opinion that outweighed mine, so I excused myself before another hour pasted us by. I was more then proficient in letting ponies go.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 03:16:45 am by Psalms01 »
Victoria intus Amicitia; Amor et Patientiam; Salve ad Armentum.
-Psalms01, your Adoring Omnidimensional Overlord.
> Dues Ex Magma!
> "Nah, we're fine. We have too much food anyway, bad thoughts from seeing vermin never killed nopony, refuse stockpile is less clogged, and cats are safely tucked away in a cage." -Maklak
> Dwarfy Proverb: "Every-dwarf grows there beard to different lengths."
> Psalms tries to type, but the words are deflected by the Google Docs' +broken code+! -Telgin

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: March 31, 2012, 03:48:57 am »

As Amor leaves, Virtue settles back into her work, more than a bit concerned.  If what she'd just been told was true, then the future of Dawnpick was uncertain.  Would the lands be contested?  Would there be fighting?  How much of this would she see and how much would she be tasked with dealing with?

Not for the first time since she'd come to Dawnpick, she wished there was somepony else leading the ponies here.  She'd managed so far, but how long would it be until she made a horrible mistake that cost ponies their lives?  She'd give up her title in an instant if it meant preventing something like that.  Was this going to turn into a decision like that?

She mentally sighs and sets back to work.  She was going to need some time to think about this and what it meant.  Perhaps the politics would all be above her head and she'd never hear another word of it.  But somehow, she doubted that.

((Scene ended))

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: March 31, 2012, 07:03:54 am »

your not just going to leave them and use the crossbow as a hammer are you?
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: March 31, 2012, 12:27:39 pm »

Jaxler gave Castiron the money along with a nasty look

"Just, give me the bolts"

((end scene?))
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 04:12:00 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: March 31, 2012, 05:11:17 pm »

It was a warm summer evening as he climbs up the side of Jaxler's apartment. The crickets could be heard chirping in the grass, while Jaxler's only window gently opens. The grey colt carefully plants himself inside Jaxler's room through the window. He then quietly makes his way to the chest tucked away in the corner. "I'm sure he has some bit of jewelry she'd like..." he whispers. He cautiously pulls out the chest and begins picking the locks. Granite always loved using his lock picks, so much in fact that he referred to them as the "Skeleton Keys." The two key-locks were foals play, but the final lock threw him for a loop. It was a simple lock that had a simple combination for it. Of course Granite had no idea what the combo was. "Maybe it was that date Jaxler engraved in his crossbow..." Suddenly light flooded into the room.

"Oh crap." 

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: March 31, 2012, 05:14:17 pm »

As Jaxler opened the door to his apartment he was shocked to find Granite trying to open his coffer.

"GET THE BUCK AWAY FROM THAT!"

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: March 31, 2012, 05:18:10 pm »

"Crap, crap crap CRAP!!!" Granite yelled as Jaxler opened the door. Doing what the guard said, he takes multiple steps away from the chest. "Hey Jaxler... how's it going?" Granite says nervously.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: March 31, 2012, 05:22:24 pm »

Jaxler completely ignored Granite and ran as fast as he could to his chest, hoping that Granite hadn't opened it yet.

"Granite... I NEED to know if YOU OPENED this chest."

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: March 31, 2012, 05:23:36 pm »

I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: March 31, 2012, 05:24:24 pm »

"N-n-n-nooo..." Granite stutters. "I got past the two key locks, but couldn't figure out the combo. Is there... like a demon in there or something?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: March 31, 2012, 05:29:58 pm »

Jaxler sighed and sat down.

"Well, there is a demon in there but I doubt it would mess with you, BUT WHY THE BUCK WERE YOU MESSING WITH BY BUCKING CHEST!"

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: March 31, 2012, 05:32:50 pm »

"Well you see Jaxler, I totally want to date Friesden, and I figured I would need to give her some form of jewelry and I'm very poor, so I also figured you would have jewelry so I decided to break into your house and check the chest. Understand?"
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 239