Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236228 times)

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #1845 on: March 16, 2012, 05:28:09 pm »

Flux sits in the cell, depression lifting slightly to be replaced by boredom.  Kat steps down from the stairs, still in her guard uniform.  She looks around until her eyes lay upon Flux, confirming her fear.

"Flux!.. so you really were arrested."

Flux looks up at Kat's exclamation, then looks back down in shame.

"Um... yes."

Kat walks over to the front of Flux's cell, then sits down on her rump there in front of the door. "Heh, never thought you'd have it in you Flux. I heard you made Glaive's leg bent the wrong way."

Flux winces as Kat repeats his crime to him.

"...yes. I, uh, broke his pastern..."

"it's always the quiet ones they say."

Flux fails to notice Kat's joking tone, starting to sink back into depression.  Kat attempts to head it off. 

"Aw.. come on Flux, it wasn't that bad was it? I mean, sure, you suckerbucked his leg the other way and all that, but hey!  I heard it was justified. Honor defended, nopony gets really hurt. Plus it's just 2 months in Jail, could've been a lot worse.  You know? Back from where I was from, something like this would get a pony's head hacked off repeatedly by a rusty axe, or maybe just a leg if lucky. Maybe starvation execution, nasty stuff.. buried alive.. yeah, it's a lot nicer here. Lots."

"It's... it's not the punishment. It's that I wanted to hurt him. I... I could have found some other way to... to defend Stiletto's honor than to break his pastern like that..."

Kat sighs slightly as she looks at the miserable pony. "Flux. What's done is done, it's the past, woosh, gone. You could focus on now.. or what haven't happened yet. Seeing that you don't really have anything to focus about now, maybe it'll be nicer if you think what will you do when you're out."

Flux sighs heavily, knowing Kat is right.

"Um... Kat?"

"Yes? Flux?"

"Do... Stiletto and Glyph know I'm in here yet?"

"Glyph's still with Friesden.. so I don't think he knows yet.. but I think Stiletto have heard already."

"Um..."  Flux considers how to ask his question.

"What's... um... how's she doing?"

Kat ponders for a small moment "Well.. can't say she's happy about it. But I think she have plans."

Flux looks a bit worried at that.  "Uh... plans? They aren't... rash, are they?"

"Oh no no, well.. at least I hope not. Glyph probably wouldn't be doing anything while he's taking care of Friesden. I'm not so sure what will Stiletto be doing, but I guess it will have a lot of talking."

Flux breathes a sigh of relief.  "I don't mind her trying to talk to ponies about anything, but I just don't want to see any of you end up in here for what I did."

"Oh don't worry about it Flux.. and if it helps, I'll be here with you for quite a while whether you like it or not!"

Flux smiles slightly.  "Not that I don't enjoy your company, Kat, but don't you have other duties?"

Kat smiles and open up a wing, revealing a ring of keys under it "This is my Duty Flux."

Flux chuckles at Kat.  "So, uh... how's your day been? Um, apart from finding that I... was arrested."

Kat closes her wing back down again. "It's been pretty okay actually. Speaking of which, are you hungry yet Flux? Because I'll have to feed you too."

Flux opens his mouth to answer, but the growling of his stomach makes it obvious.

"Um... yes."

Kat smiles and gets back from her seat.  "Alright, do you want anything specific?"

"Um... just some green apples, if that's alright."

Kat beams him a smile.  "I'll see what I can find." Then leaves him be there to search for food.  Flux decides to take Kat's advice and try to think of the future: what he'll do while in here and once he gets out.

"Compose, think, uh..."  Flux looks around the empty dungeon.  "...count bricks?"

Kat took a little while before she returns, with a saddlebag full of apples and another one full of carrots, along with bottles of drink neatly tucked away in her wings. "Lunch time!"

Flux can't help but smile as Kat returns. Even in the dim dungeon, she somehow brings some happiness and light.  "Thanks, Kat. Uh, what drinks did you get?"

Kat sets the saddles down, then the bottles. "Cider!"

Flux settles down near the bars of his cell to enjoy lunch with Kat.  "Sounds good to me."

Kat offer the bottle of cider to Flux and the saddle bag full of apples as well as she noms on her carrots. "Could've gone worse hmm?"

Flux takes a big bite out of an apple, enjoying the juicy crunch, and nods to Kat.

Kat had her lunch with Flux, sitting around nearby and talking to him to keep him sane.  Hours passed and she's currently just sitting against the cell bars. Seriously something she would clearly not do with other prisoners, since Flux would easily be able to choke her to death or snatch away her weapons if he tried to.  Flux lays next to the bars as well, happy to be next to Kat and deep in thought.

"Two months.. come to think of it, it's ain't that bad is it?"

"I guess not... boredom seems the biggest threat down here..."  Flux sighs.  "Though I doubt Virtue will sell the piccolo to a convicted felon..."

"She'd sell it to Stiletto or me though, right?"

"I guess? I didn't know you played, Kat."

"Played? Oh no no. I don't play.. maybe Stiletto. But you're not getting it Flux! I mean, we could buy it.. for you!"

Flux looks at Kat, confused for a moment, before what she's saying sinks in. His eyes go wide when it does.

"But... You don't need to do that for me! It's too expensive, I... I don't deserve to play it anymore, anyway..."

"Aw Flux, you're not going to hurt our little pony hearts by refusing our gifts are you?"

Flux looks at Kat, dumbfounded and jaw open, before chuckling and shaking his head.  "That's just not fair, Kat."

Kat smiles innocently and giggles. "Whaat?"

Flux gently rubs her withers with a hoof, the bars preventing a proper nuzzle.  "Heh, you know what."

Kat smiles from the rub, she doesn't seems to be alarmed from it "hmm? what?"

Flux continues rubbing her withers.  "You know precisely what, you devious mare you."

That just made her giggle more. "Oh maybe.. maybe."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: March 16, 2012, 05:30:03 pm »

"You could knock a branch off a tree and use that as a walking stick. I'd fly over to the hospital but I Kinda sprained both my wings..."

"Alright, I guess..." I look over at the nearby tree.

That branch could work... I thought to myself as I see a suitable candidate for a walking stick. Nothing around to knock it down with, I decide to start climbing. At first I wrap my forelegs around the trunk and try to pull my way up. I make no progress at all. Next I try using my other legs aswell and try to inch my way to the branch. That also doesn't work.
"Screw this!" I yell. I then walk over to Jaxler and grab the bolt attached to the string. I then slam my carving knife into the trunk to use as a foothold. Bolt in mouth I thrust it higher up into the wood. I then latch on to the string and climb up on top of the bolt. The bolt breaks. I fall to the ground.
"Ow! Bucking branch!" I shout out. My temper rises and in frustration I buck the side of the tree. The branch cracks and breaks off the tree. It falls down and strikes me on the head.
I loose consciousness...

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: March 17, 2012, 12:25:28 am »

Stiletto goes to visit Panacea, having just missed Falcata leave the hospital. She sees Glaive in a bed, getting treated.

"Oh no Glaive, what happened? Did you fight a great beast again?"
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 12:47:04 am by TALLPANZER »
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: March 17, 2012, 12:55:00 am »

Glaive stares at his wound as Panacea examines the break. He hears Stiletto coming inside, and hears her concerned question. Having had a chance to calm down, the last thing he wants right now is to get into a fight with her too. He thinks for a long time before answering, without looking away from his injury.

"No...Got in an argument. Got kicked in my bad leg. Doesn't hurt too bad."

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: March 17, 2012, 01:15:27 am »

Stiletto tilts her head to the side. It was unlike the brave warrior she knew to pick fights.

"You should have not gotten in such a harsh argument with Naginata. She is very defensive and even I fear her ferocity in combat. What did you do to her?"
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: March 17, 2012, 01:23:57 am »

Glaive sighs, knowing this isn't going to end well.

"I wasn't fighting with Naginata, and I didn't try to start a fight, Flux hit me first."

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: March 17, 2012, 01:29:36 am »

"Flux... what? why? how?"

Her eyes point in two outward directions at the same time.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: March 17, 2012, 01:48:11 am »

Glaive considers being tactful, or diplomatic, but the emotions are still to fresh, and the full truth slips out, against his better judgement.

Glaive glares at Stiletto.

"This is your fault. You and your disgusting ideals, have corrupted Flux. I found your coltfriend in my Falcata's room, and he has been giving her expensive gifts. I know what you are all like and what he was trying to do. I told him to leave her alone, and to stay out of her bedroom, and what I think of you and your harem, and he kicked me. I threw him out the door, but my leg was already broken, and now I'm here. Last I knew, Jaxler was going to deal with Flux."

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: March 17, 2012, 02:04:22 am »

"Your! YOUR! SHE BELONGS TO YOU NOW DOES SHE! LIKE AN OBJECT! IS THAT ALL SHE IS TO YOU!? SOME PRIZE THAT YOU CAN BUY!"

As her already powerful voice became a gale of wind, her mane became a wreath of flame, her wings spread out and turned to a dark crimson, finally her eyes became to balls of white flame.

"HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT HER THAT WAY! I SHOULD END YOU WHERE YOU LAY! IF YOU HAD ANY HONOR YOU WOULD DIE HERE!"
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 02:09:57 am by TALLPANZER »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: March 17, 2012, 02:19:14 am »

Glaive falls backwards out of the bed and scrambles a few yards away from Stiletto on his three good legs. He reaches out for the nearest object he can find, a chair, with his magic to defend himself if necessary.

"What the HELL are you yelling about. I love Falcata and she loves me. She is mine and I am hers. And I won't let you or your degenerate ideas corrupt her like the others, even if it costs me everything."

Glaive steels himself for a potential confrontation, with the angry alicorn.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: March 17, 2012, 02:36:31 am »

looks at the chair and reaches out with her magic and turns it to a pile of splinters

"MY DERANGED IDEAS! YOU PERSPICUOUS SELF-RIGHTEOUS JEALOUS PATHETIC INTOLERANT FOAL! YOU ARE THE MONSTER THAT THINKS SLAVERY AND GREED CAN SOME HOW BE JUSTIFIED! YOU WOULD BE BANISHED FROM THIS LANDS FOR YOUR CRIMES IF IT WAS MY CHOICE! YOU TAINT YOUR LOVE AND DISGRACE FALCATAS' NAME WITH YOU BLIND MISTRUST! SHE HAS A MIND OF HER OWN! SHE DOES NOT NEED A MISGUIDED IGNORANT flügellos TO THINK FOR HER AND PROTECT HER FROM THE 'CORRUPTION' OF A CIVILIZATION THAT WAS OLD WHEN YOURS' FIRST NAMED A CITY!"

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: March 17, 2012, 03:02:03 am »

Glaive reaches out with his magic and grabs a scalpel and holds it ready. He has lost all sense of decorum at this point. All the things he's wanted to say to Stiletto for months begin to come out.

"You civilization may be old but it is in decline. You have abandoned true love in favor of the easy. In favor of your hedonistic pleasures. You have no sense of true love, or loyalty, or family. You have perverted it all. And you would force other ponies to give up their virtue and be like your ilk, and shun those who have true love for another. Love is Jealous Stiletto. If it isn't then it isn't love, it's just lust. Your civilization has forsaken the teachings of our gods and will in time crumble for it. And I for one shall not morn it's passing."

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: March 17, 2012, 03:40:31 am »

Stiletto folds her wings in and lets her mane fall

"Again you show nothing but ignorance. We are just as strong as we have ever been. We only seek excellence in all things. Greed is a weakness, jealous is a greater weakness still. Love in not so weak that it shatters with so little effort. Now I just feel sad for you. You hold up these things that hold you back and pull you down. We have had different gods, gods to be aspired to, gods worth emulating. We accept new gods as well, provided they have some excellence. We keep moving forward, yearly we make new discoveries and build even greater works then year before. Each is made stronger by the forming of stronger intertwining bonds, each Leibe and Freundin helping to make a greater family, building ever upwards. We will stand shining and tall as you brake yourselves down. We think for ourselves and encourage others to do the same. These are the ideals we follow. The petty mewling of the weak have no effect on the truly strong. Wallow in ignorance and weakness if you must, but to try and drag others down with you is an crime even the gods should not forgive."

Stiletto calmly sweeps the splinters into a pile and turns to leave.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 04:09:19 am by TALLPANZER »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: March 17, 2012, 04:00:05 am »

Glaive said nothing as Stiletto left. Though her irrational rage had made him decide he'd start sleeping with his axe, just in case. Still he knew he was right. He knew the way Stiletto's civilization acted was wrong, but he knew they wouldn't last. No civilization in history lasted with such excesses. That's what happened to the Old Pony Empire, and that's what would happen to the Deutchmeiner. It was only a matter of time.

As Panacea got back to work on his leg, Glaive thought to himself of the other things he'd wished he said to Stiletto, about the value of blood and family, about the bonds of true love, about the lies her beliefs were founded on, etc.

After Panacea finishes putting a cast on his leg and releases him he goes outside to wait for Falcata to return. He knew they had much to talk about.

((Scene over.))

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: March 17, 2012, 02:05:49 pm »

"Alright, I guess..." I look over at the nearby tree.

That branch could work... I thought to myself as I see a suitable candidate for a walking stick. Nothing around to knock it down with, I decide to start climbing. At first I wrap my forelegs around the trunk and try to pull my way up. I make no progress at all. Next I try using my other legs aswell and try to inch my way to the branch. That also doesn't work.
"Screw this!" I yell. I then walk over to Jaxler and grab the bolt attached to the string. I then slam my carving knife into the trunk to use as a foothold. Bolt in mouth I thrust it higher up into the wood. I then latch on to the string and climb up on top of the bolt. The bolt breaks. I fall to the ground.
"Ow! Bucking branch!" I shout out. My temper rises and in frustration I buck the side of the tree. The branch cracks and breaks off the tree. It falls down and strikes me on the head.
I loose consciousness...

The sight of Granite concussing himself made Jaxler rather depressed, now he had to get both himself and Granite over to the hospital. Jaxler ignored the pain in his leg long enough for him to walk over to where Granite and the walking stick laid. After balancing Granite on his back he used the stick as a makeshift crutch and started walking over to the hospital. 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 03:20:31 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 239