Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236119 times)

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #1065 on: February 26, 2012, 08:29:12 am »

"Joining the guard is a big job, they get injured often. though, I was planing to ask Ms Virtue to expand the militia to include a caverns squad. What weapon do you like to use?"
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 26, 2012, 08:36:08 am »

she gives it a thought for a moment. "well.. i havn't touched a real 'weapon' before really.. just kitchen knives, plows, shovels and pickaxes..  but i don't mind whatever's shoved into my hooves really.. crossbows, knives, axes, swords, anything. I'll learn. And, I've got tired of seeing other ponies getting hurt. And not being able to help. I don't mind getting hurt, as this is the life i choose. I didn't sign up for an outpost in the middle of dangerous no where just to be safe and die out of old age you know?" She replied, trying to sounds tough and sure. Which she fails to.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:37:05 am by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: February 26, 2012, 08:56:29 am »

I'd like a pony. I'm not promising I'll post much or more than once per day, or watch this thread for more than a month, and may have some breaks, so nopony critical please. My preferences:

Strong preferences: Having some friends and passing aquaintances, but not lover / spouse / wife,
  above average intellect, 
  social skills being somewhat impaired (To the point of being awkward in social situations, not idiot savant).
Preferences: male Unicorn,
  some skill in mechanics, architecture, record keeping, masonry, crafting, military, metallurgy (not necessarily all at once)
Weak preferences: likes cats.

I'd like a picture, screen of in-game description, list of friends, and notable skills.

Wow, that's a long list of unclaimed ponies.
Maybe check these first: Kiln, Marbles, Cross Stitch, Indigo, Carmine. 
I don't want a foal, I want somepony older, preferably one who could claim to have experience from other towns. I want to be able to make plausible suggestions and lectures about various subjects. Much in line with my previous comments in this thread and in the chat.

----------------------------------------------------------

Alternatively: violently insane pony with worst traits of Jaxler and Priest. I'd definitely want "low empathy" and "dislikes helping others" for this one. Sample quotes (based on stuff from DF adventure mode):
"You should consider deformity, Stiletto. Praise death."
"Why, I came to this fort for the killing. Bigger outposts are so peaceful, and boring. I like it in the frontier."
"I just joined the militia, and you are my commander. Lead me to glory and death."
"In the end death claims us all, but there is no rush. Death needs time for what it kills to grow." 
"I never feel so alive, as when I kill an intelligent creature. It is so invigorating and calming at the same time. I find the simple fact that I'm alive, and my enemy is not, very inspiring."
"Have you ever gazed into the eyes of a dying pony? The surprise and fear give way to calm. And before the eyes become opaque you can see in them the glimpse of the beyond. Death is gentle. Praise death."
Insane Twilight and smiling Molestia would be a great inspiration for the picture.
Yeah, on second thought the first option is way more fitting to this fort.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 09:17:30 am by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: February 26, 2012, 01:07:33 pm »

Maklak, Indigo looks like he'd probably be a good match for you.  He's male, a unicorn, has a good intuition, meager social ability and a few friends.  He's currently not in any relationships.  He's a dyer right now, but he doesn't get to do that at all since I have no cloth industry at all.  I can activate any of those skills you'd like.  I'm always short on masons, but he can do whatever you want.  And of course, you can rename him if desired.

vkiNm, here's the results of me checking through the ponies.  These are all pegasus mares who aren't in relationships.

Ballista: Doesn't do anything terribly useful right now.  Arbalest is a much better siege operator.  She's tough, no other attributes to speak of.  Has dabbling skills in a few combat skills.
Sushi: Doesn't do anything terribly useful right now.  Quick to heal but weak.  She was involved with Barley, but he's dead now and she'll never get with anypony else from what I understand.  She's got some dabbling combat skills too.
Skillet: My best / only cook.  She's flimsy and weak though, so probably not a good choice for military duty.  No combat skills.

That's actually quite a short list.  There are a few foals that might work, but it's going to be a few game years before they'll be able to do anything.  I'd recommend either Ballista or Sushi.  As I said before, you're free to rename them, and change their appearance however you see fit.  You wanted the new pony in the guard, right?  That'll mean a crossbow and leather armor.  If you want an axe pony I can toss her in the militia instead, but more crossbows would be handy.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: February 26, 2012, 01:29:52 pm »

I decide to put in my two bits, concerned about her maybe getting injured like me, or worse.

"Um, there's other ways to protect.  I, um, I'm not a fighter, b-but I want to help too.  So I, er, started learning mechanics so I could help."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: February 26, 2012, 01:33:51 pm »

vkiNm, here's the results of me checking through the ponies.  These are all pegasus mares who aren't in relationships.

Ballista: Doesn't do anything terribly useful right now.  Arbalest is a much better siege operator.  She's tough, no other attributes to speak of.  Has dabbling skills in a few combat skills.
Sushi: Doesn't do anything terribly useful right now.  Quick to heal but weak.  She was involved with Barley, but he's dead now and she'll never get with anypony else from what I understand.  She's got some dabbling combat skills too.
Skillet: My best / only cook.  She's flimsy and weak though, so probably not a good choice for military duty.  No combat skills.

That's actually quite a short list.  There are a few foals that might work, but it's going to be a few game years before they'll be able to do anything.  I'd recommend either Ballista or Sushi.  As I said before, you're free to rename them, and change their appearance however you see fit.  You wanted the new pony in the guard, right?  That'll mean a crossbow and leather armor.  If you want an axe pony I can toss her in the militia instead, but more crossbows would be handy.

Alright, Thanks Telgin! I think Ballista will do nicely. and, yes. Crossbows and Leather's what i'm looking for.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: February 26, 2012, 01:38:26 pm »

the seated Pegasi mare turn her attention to Flux now, and, oddly enough, finds that it's much easier to speak to him than Stiletto for some unknown reason. "oh.. well, i did try helping in other ways.. like, hurling stuffs around, building the walls, houses, digging the moat, placing traps sometimes.. things like that.. but it's simply just.. not what i'm looking for, you know what i mean? it's not that they're wrong or anything.. it's just that.. instead of making something to stand inbetween other pony and danger.. i want ME to be the one right there standing inbetween other ponies and danger.. it just seems so.. easier to protect them that way."
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:37:22 am by vkiNm »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: February 26, 2012, 02:05:12 pm »

"Well... if you're sure it's what you want to do, I can't stop you.  Um, what was your name again?  Uh, I'm Flux, and this is Stiletto."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: February 26, 2012, 02:08:24 pm »

Well, I don't like the idea of renaming ponies, especially after they were mentioned, and You've come up with some pretty good names. I know there won't be a "perfect match" for what I had in mind (enough experience and background in multiple skills to talk about pretty much any topic, with lowish social skills). If You say Indigo is an OK match, I can take him. Picture, screen of in-game description, list of friends, and notable skills, please.

As for masons, carpenters and mechanics, I set my workshops to only accept ponies with some skill, and the rest of them with that labour enabled just builds walls, traps, and whatever I need. That way I have high quality stuff, and a lot of workforce.

If he doesn't excel at anything useful right now, let him be a generalist. Military service would be OK too, as ponies with players seem to gravitate naturally towards being guards. I mean, it is Virtue's outpost, and while I have some personal preferences, I'll try to flow with whatever happens. Without fully-fledged cloth industry (which isn't going to happen, as this was supposed to be a mining camp) Indigo doesn't have much choice, but to do some odd jobs around the camp. Besides, a generalist peasant is fine with me, especially that he will become a jack of many trades in time. Oh, and wood creating / burning / smelting are surely in demand in a mining outpost. Same as guards. 

He is skilled in Dyeing, so leave that on. We might get some dye and cloth from a caravan.
Above ground forts don't need engravers / stone smoothers, but You might as well enable Stone detailing.

Labours: Animal training / care / dissection, Butchery, Tanning, Soap making, Wood burning, Potash making, Lye making, Milling, Plant processing, Cheese making, Milking, Shearing, Spinning, Pressing, Fish cleaning, Fish dissection, Furnace operating, Woodcrafting (for making wood out of crops), Glazing, Pump operating, all kinds of hauling.

Also these, provided You filter out low skill levels in workshop settings: Carpentry, MasonryMechanics, Architect (if You don't have enough architects, or everypony is bad at it anyway), Gem cutting (same, I think You already have a gem cutter), Strand extraction (I don't think this fort is going to get funobtanium, and You may want professionals to extract strands anyway, it takes a very long time). 

This is my suggestions, but of course adjust it to Your preferences. for example You might be inclined to keep Lye and soap making to Detergent.

Praise death (that was a joke.)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:34:41 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: February 26, 2012, 02:15:48 pm »

she nodded as Flux introduces himself and Stiletto.
"Nice to meet you Flux, and i'm sure everypony have heard of Stiletto already yes?" she gives them a nodding smile before introducing herself "You can Call me Kat."
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:38:10 am by vkiNm »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: February 26, 2012, 02:22:52 pm »

I smile and raise a hoof to shake.

"It's nice to meet you, Kat."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: February 26, 2012, 02:33:22 pm »

Kat Returns the smile and raise a hoof up to accept the shake.
"Likewise Flux, Likewise."

((End of Scene))
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:38:22 am by vkiNm »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: February 26, 2012, 07:36:34 pm »

And there I was, having fun with the big catapult, when all of a sudden, Boo told me to go visit the hospital. His hamster senses were tingling.

So I got up, and headed off to the hospital.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: February 26, 2012, 07:53:28 pm »

Jaxler was in a hospital bed covered in bandages and casts. He would be in horrible pain right now if it weren't for the massive amount of magic wool cast on him. The worst things about him being hospitalized was the fact that there was nothing to really do, and Panacea wouldn't give him any booze. The day was going by without event until now, for a blue unicorn was walking through the door.

"Hay Arbalest and boo."
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:55:42 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: February 26, 2012, 08:55:49 pm »

And there was Jaxler. Hospitalised.

"Hello Jaxler. Boo says Hi too."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 239