Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 235944 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #330 on: February 01, 2012, 03:31:54 pm »

Alright, Mortar is yours.  I'll hopefully get that up for you tomorrow along with another update for the fort.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Jackknife402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 01, 2012, 03:42:03 pm »

Haha, no rush, no rush. Though tomorrow is the start of the weekend for me....

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 01, 2012, 05:18:51 pm »

Jaxler's journal, 23rd Malachite, 255

Well today was rather uneventful. Partisan had me guard Glaze all day long. She kept muttering random words and kept on acting strange. I personally think she might be a bit insane. The most mundane part was that all I did was sit there, She wouldn't even let me help her haul stuff. Also I can hear Grapple preach from her workshop. I wonder how fun these next couple days are gonna be...

25th Malachite, 255

I hate sitting out there and making sure Glaze doesn't go insane and kill anypony. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to listen to damn grapple preach about the "holy sisters". I can't believe I just haft to sit there and listen to him rant on about the how they will bring us salvation. I may not like where I am now, but I don't need an alicorn to "save me" from myself. Right after my shift guarding Glaze was over I went to meeting hall and drank my annoyance away.

5th Galena, 255

I finally get to stop guarding Glaze. These last couple days have been hell for me. On the 26th I had to sit there with a freaking hang over wile Grapple just rambled on and on about "the sisters". I'd take another beating from stiletto just to buck him in the face. I think I need to do something about his illogical nonsense, I feel bad that he's actually convincing a few ponies that what hes Speeking is righteous. I'm also a bit steamed that there gods are alicorns.

7th Galena, 255

Glaze finished her project today. She made an amulet. it looks so high quality, glaze must be amazing at woodcrafting to do something like this. Its so amazing it almost makes up for listening to grapple wile I sat outside her workshop.

13th Galena, 255

In all my time in the militia I've bucked an alicorn across a room, been beaten by the same alicorn, and had my wing stabbed but today what we did made up for all of that. We saved poor Granite from a thief who was about to snatch him away. me and Partisan had to beat the thief with our crossbows (which are actually decent makeshift hammers) until Falcata showed up and beheaded the snatcher. I just feel great after saving a poor little foal.

19th Galena, 255

Well we bought a lime tree today. Witch actually seems to be a very VERY good thing. I hear that lime wine taste pretty decent and whenever the booze variety gets bigger my day gets that much better. They also bought some other random stuff, but nothing nearly as interesting.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 08:21:20 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 04, 2012, 03:32:44 pm »

Apologies for the lack of an update like promised, but I should at least return to the regular schedule (update early next week).  I'll get Mortar's stuff posted then.

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 04, 2012, 07:53:09 pm »

Hey can I claim Granite? And could you mold him into a Mechanic and/or blacksmith/wood burner when he becomes an adult? If it's not too much trouble that is. And thanks for reading all of this, if you did; and sorry for babbling on like a moron...

Jackknife402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 04, 2012, 08:06:21 pm »

No problem mate, things happen all the time.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 04, 2012, 11:50:40 pm »

Jaxler was tired after a day of drills and practice and had finally gotten into bed. He was finally on the edge of slumber and was about to allow the the annoyances of another average day fade away as he slept. But just as Jaxler had finally slipped into his dreams a loud BOOM came up from the darkness below. The sound had effectively woken Jaxler and startled him so badly that he fell out of his bed. He was mad for this had not been the first time that a sound from below had awoken him in the middle of the night. He got up and said to himself "When the hell are we gonna do something about those abominations". He walked outside and flew himself to Virtue's office. He knocked on the office door and said "hay, I'd like to file a complaint".

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 05, 2012, 12:04:10 am »

Hey can I claim Granite? And could you mold him into a Mechanic and/or blacksmith/wood burner when he becomes an adult? If it's not too much trouble that is. And thanks for reading all of this, if you did; and sorry for babbling on like a moron...

Not a problem!

Virtue looks up from the paper work she'd been poring over late into the night.  She steps over and opens the door to find Jaxler standing there, a not amused expression on his face.

"Oh, Jaxler... what's the problem?" she says, motioning for him to come in.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 05, 2012, 12:41:24 am »

Jaxler walks in and replies with "these monsters in the caverns are becoming a problem. They're keeping us from getting anymore wood, there loud, they're about to cause Powder Miner to have a mental break down, and most importantly there a safety hazard. So that's my complaint. also I'd love to know what the hell we're gonna do about those twisted abominations and if there is a plan to kill them, please don't tell me it involves the militia charging in and suffering massive casualties."
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 01:20:54 am by jaxler »

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 05, 2012, 01:36:27 am »

Awesome!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 05, 2012, 01:50:30 am »

((This is the moment I have been waiting for. Just hope I dont fall asleep before I can jump in.))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 05, 2012, 02:09:46 am »

Virtue pauses with indecision.  "Yes... the problem has been weighing on my mind a lot lately.  Everypony seems pretty worried about them."  She returns to her desk and pulls out a map of the caverns.  "I've been trying to think up a decent plan of getting rid of them, but so far I haven't come up with much."  Probably not best to mention Arbalest's plan to move a catapult down there.  Not yet at least.

She makes a small gesture to Jaxler.  "I've actually been thinking you and Partisan might be able to help more than the militia..."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 05, 2012, 02:25:21 pm »

Jaxler's was less frustrated after hearing that there were making some sort of a plan to kill the monsters, but was curious to know what she intended for him and partisan "so, how exactly do you expect me and partisan to fight these monster's without us getting killed and or hospitalized."

his eye's widen as he realizes a bigger concern "and how do you expect us to get in the caverns without taking down the walls?"

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 05, 2012, 02:53:22 pm »

"I have no doubt Halberd or Naginata would lead their mares and stallions down there to face whatever it is, but I agree with you that going up against such large and terrible foes up close is a bad idea."  She smiles and raises a hoof as if to fire an invisible crossbow.  "That's why I think you and Partisan can help.  You two are trained with those crossbows.  I've been thinking of ways to get you into positions in the caverns where you can fire at them without worrying about getting too close."

Her smile fades a bit as she ponders his next question.  "The walls will be a bit of a problem... so far they're the only thing keeping us safe.  I've been thinking about having the masons carve some fortifications into them so you'd be able to fire at any enemies from a safe position."

She takes a look at the unfurled map on her desk and frowns.  "There are a few problems with that though... the positioning is going to be tricky... and you're only two ponies..."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 05, 2012, 03:32:50 pm »

Jaxler makes a grin and says "its good to know that you wouldn't send the militia on a suicide mission." Jaxler paused for a second as he thought heavily and said aloud " it's possible that me and partisan could kill them from fortifications but that would take months. so new recruits would appear to be the best solution." Jaxler chuckles and says "so long as none of them try to take the rank of second in command from me"

Jaxler looks on the map of the caverns. he notices a small x and the word catapult and says "so... what is that X on the map for?"
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 03:34:38 pm by jaxler »

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 239