Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236099 times)

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #990 on: February 24, 2012, 07:06:42 pm »

'She looks a little... unhinged?'

"Um, hey Glyph.  Uh, are you alright, Stiletto?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: February 24, 2012, 07:07:14 pm »

Jaxler was caught off guard by the question. he wondered if everpony in the fort knew that he hated alicorns. "I'd prefer to keep my reasons for hating alicorns to myself, but if it makes you feel the slightest bit better, I don't hate them out of envy."
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:10:49 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: February 24, 2012, 07:12:28 pm »

"Hello Stilleto, Glyph. No, I don't know how much time off we are being given. It's nice to be able to relax, but we can't have our guard down for long." Glaive reaches for his drink, and helps himself to gulp of ale.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: February 24, 2012, 07:15:57 pm »

"I have had to much of this 'Time off' I need to work to achieve excellence. Glyph has been helping me train, but I needed to something to help the ponies of Dawnpick."

several scrolls float from the bin and place themselves on the table

"I have some more in Glyphs' bin. Once again I thank you Glyph for being such a help to me these past few days."
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: February 24, 2012, 07:17:07 pm »

"It's no problem Stiletto... are you sure you're okay? You seem... stressed."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: February 24, 2012, 07:20:11 pm »

"What are all these?" asks Glaive as he continues to sip at his drink while Stiletto floats the scrolls onto the table.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: February 24, 2012, 07:23:10 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:13:08 pm by Omicega »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: February 24, 2012, 07:23:39 pm »

I glance over the designs Stiletto has presented, which range form the simple and useful (like the cistern design), to the pretty dangerous (Magma fall in the dining hall to keep it warm in winter?).

"Um, Stiletto also knows a fair bit about mechanics, Glaive.  We, uh, work together on a lot of things."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: February 24, 2012, 07:28:44 pm »

"I started with a design to make a cistern for the well that has a water wheel for cleaning it. Then I just kept drawing, for eight hours strait."

looks back to Glyph

"I just have a lot of energy, and you have been very helpful with that."

now she shifts to Flux

"Do you think the dodge course for the training area is viable?"
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: February 24, 2012, 07:32:13 pm »

Glaive looks over one of the scrolls, it's a design for a rather complex trap involving magma and water. "Wunderschön. Did you design all these from scratch Stiletto, or are things like this common in your homeland."
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:33:47 pm by KingStrongbeard »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: February 24, 2012, 07:34:13 pm »

((woot! 1000th reply))

he looked over and saw Glaive, flux, stiletto, and glyph. there was a bit of commotion going on and it did seem to be worth checking out.
"Sure, but you might wan't to be prepared if I start flinging punches."
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:32:49 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: February 24, 2012, 07:41:36 pm »

'Dodge training area?  Hmm, I don't get it.  Can't they just stay off the parts where the training spear comes up?'

"Maybe, Stiletto.  It seems like it'd be easy to just stay off the parts with the spears in the first place.  Maybe use swinging bags instead?"

When I look up from the plans to get her opinion, I notice how many ponies are gathered and try to shrink into my seat to avoid notice.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 08:20:29 pm by Khenal »

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: February 24, 2012, 07:44:13 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:12:59 pm by Omicega »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: February 24, 2012, 07:48:30 pm »

"We'retalkingaboutsomedesignsformechanicalthings..."

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: February 24, 2012, 07:50:41 pm »

Stilettos' eyes light up

"You really think they are wunderschön! Thank you Glaive. I did rewrite most of them from design I did with others from the academy of science."

Then she see Flux retreating and Jaxler advancing with Falcata, really? two ponies that she would swear want nothing to do with her.

"These are some of my designs for machines I hope will help Dawnpick."

Stiletto opens her wings giving Flux and Glyph both a nice place to settle in.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 239