Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236052 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #840 on: February 20, 2012, 12:05:26 am »

"don't be sorry. you spoke based off what people told you to think."
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: February 20, 2012, 12:09:35 am »

'Apprentice?'

I quietly listen to their conversation, but have to speak up now.

"Um, you shouldn't judge on what they might do, either.  They're both just talking, right?  No need to toss them out, is there?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: February 20, 2012, 12:15:28 am »

"And now I feel like a complete foal- wait I am a foal so who cares!"

"Flux what I'm saying is that either they're settling some old dispute, or they're gonna make out. I'm only saying we let them be alone to sort their dilema out, and the knock-out part was just to remove any future struggling to get them to a remote location, away from bothering us. And plus, if Grapple is going to be a church leader, he should be able to deal with any situation that comes up, including this current event, and my rather flawed and possibly sadistic plan."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: February 20, 2012, 12:24:37 am »

"Um, ya.  Knocking ponies out shouldn't be plan A.  You... really want me to teach you smelting and mechanics?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: February 20, 2012, 12:33:24 am »

"Yeah, I do. And I tried do make some of the designs you made in your journal, which led to accidentally breaking that pump system. I want to learn mechanics so I can protect fellow ponies, my sister could get snatched at any moment, if I could just make a basic stone fall trap to stop that thief, then goddamn I'm gonna do it, because god knows my fighting prowess is akin to a paraplegic kitten. So mechanical devices seem to be the only way I can protect ponies. And I could make better traps if I could make metal parts and I could end up making the helmet that saves a soldiers' life, like Jaxler's for example. If I could save him like he saved me, then I will be happy. If I can help stop thieves that try to steal foals away, then I will be happy. Please teach me all you know!"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: February 20, 2012, 12:41:58 am »

'Desperation and inebriation is an odd combination...'

"Um, sure!  I'll teach you whatever I can.  But I'm not a smith, I'm a forge worker, Granite.  I make the steel that the smiths use, but I can't give it form.  Uh, I might be able to make steel parts if given a crack at a smithy, but I haven't yet.  I'm still learning mechanics myself, the pumps were probably broken before you, er, did whatever you did."

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: February 20, 2012, 12:49:46 am »

"Awesome! Thanks a bundle Flux! And all I did was try to make a catapault triggered by a remote pressure plate that launched a rock up into a hidden basket that releassed a boulder down a hill into the path of the trade depot. No, I have no idea why I tried that, and yes, I was drunk while trying to make it. It didn't work out well... the catapault missfired and put a hole in Grapple's unfinished church and the boulder was pathed wrong and broke the catapault after it fired. And I'm pretty sure the pressure plate managed to explode..."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: February 20, 2012, 12:53:52 am »

"Um, Rule #1: Alcohol and mechanics don't mix.  Neither does alcohol and smelting, by the way."

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: February 20, 2012, 12:57:08 am »

"Huh, I never knew that... wow that makes a lot of sense! No wonder it was so difficult to line up gears together when you see five copies of them!"

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: February 20, 2012, 09:11:26 pm »

Grapple wanted nothing ore than to leave right now, but Skrillnozh had other plans.  He had been quite taken by the young colt that had just entered, he thought he was a hoot!  There was, however, his little plan of knocking him out, and that devil comment needed to be punished.  Not that he didn't agree with him, it's just the principle of the thing.  Slowly with stealth that seemed to come as second nature to Domidians, he crept up behind the colt. When he was behind him, he lead in over him and wispered in his ear.

"Hey me malenky malchick.  Slooshied you almost got snatcher-grabbed onesies. Evar messel what sloochats to malchicks and devotchkas that get snatched?"
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 09:20:32 pm by thetyler101 »

Give that bitch some stone crafts, bitches love stone crafts.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: February 20, 2012, 09:27:49 pm »

Jaxler got his crossbow and pointed it at the Domidian and said without a hint of emotion  "If you touch that foal I'm gonna put a bolt in your forehead".
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 09:35:45 pm by jaxler »

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: February 20, 2012, 09:30:49 pm »

So during my conversation with Flux on being an apprentice, Skrillnozh crept up behind me and said something about snatchers. Now, as you can see, I am pretty goddamn wasted, so I interpret his line as: hey young foal, you suck, I'm going to kidnap your sister. I recently learned I am rather over-protective of my sister and I am obviously quick to anger. As Jaxler raises his crossbow, I do the first thing that comes to mind: attack.

I yell out a drunken war cry as I spin around and duck underneath the domidian. I then proceed to steal his money and buck him in his 'stallion parts'. With him writhing on the ground in pain, I jack his weapon and give it to Grapple. I then sprint towards Jaxler and hide behind him for safety.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 09:34:47 pm by L1wW »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: February 20, 2012, 09:53:19 pm »

If Granite would have played cool then this could have all been avoided but now shit just got real. Jaxler knew the other guards were going to retaliate unless he acted fast, so he pointed his crossbow at the other Caravan guards and yelled "GRANITE, RUN".
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 10:05:03 pm by jaxler »

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: February 20, 2012, 10:16:02 pm »

Stiletto stands up to her full height and barks out in her clear Voice

"STOP THIS NOW! EVERYPONY CALM DOWN NOW!"

Her horn glows to warn everypony in the general vicinity that this Deutschmeiner was more they ready to buck the flank of all of them.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: February 20, 2012, 10:17:13 pm »

Ignoring Jaxler and Stiletto, I sprint up to the other, more unobservant guard and quickly twist his helmet backwards. The back of the helm now in his face, blocking his vision. Being only two guards, I focus on the other one. The now disarmed Skrinozh slowly got up and was ready to charge me. As he started running, I followed suit, and charged right at him. He was actually quite clumsy, and I used that to my advantage. As he was about to enter striking distance, I jumped into the air, using both our momentum's gained from charging each other to close line him with my back legs. As it turns out, he fell down, hitting the back of his head on the hard stone floor, causing him to lose consciousness. As I land on the ground, I approach the guard who just regained his vision. With my way of words I managed to convince him that Skrinozh was about to kidnap me and run... and I also bribed him with most of Skrinozh's money. The rest I gave half to Jaxler for making him worry so much and the other half to Stiletto in hopes she won't murder me.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 10:22:36 pm by L1wW »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 239