Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236030 times)

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #735 on: February 16, 2012, 08:15:52 pm »

I blush deeply and can only sputter in response.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 16, 2012, 08:17:43 pm »

"Like hell I'd tell my mom!" That would just be another bit of data that would make them love her more...

"And my head? Yeah I tripped on a rock and fell into the well... and may have poisoned the water supply with my blood. But it stopped bleeding! That's good! And what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!" Stronger? Hmph! Five months and she'll be stronger than me...

"Can we just hurry up?" The quicker I get drunk, the quicker I forget them...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 08:19:18 pm by L1wW »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 16, 2012, 08:27:02 pm »

"sure. I know the pony who keeps track of the Booze and he's got the strongest moonshine this side of the continent."
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 16, 2012, 08:27:48 pm »

"Flux... Flux... oh for the love of Celestia, I did it again."

Stiletto stands up with one wing firmly clamped across Fluxs' withers and guides him from the dinning hall to his apparent

"Going to invite me in?"
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 16, 2012, 08:36:54 pm »

"Kickass!" I say, delighted that I get to go on a binge, but this time with the dude who saved me from that snatcher!

That snatcher... I thought, if he didn't tackle that thief, I would have been taken from Dawnpick, taken from my friends, and taken from my family... I doubt they would care though. Dad and his glory wouldn't care that his weak, earth pony foal was gone, I was- and am- an embarrassment to his legacy. I am the son of a butcher and a potter, I suck at both these skills, I'm just some heavy drinking nuisance. I don't even have  a cutie mark! What the hell can I do?

"What the hell can I do..." I murmur almost inaudibly

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 16, 2012, 08:48:45 pm »

I manage to calm down only slightly by the time Stiletto leads me to my appartment.  When she asks if she can come in, I nearly fall back into panic again.  However, what she said about using my fears keeps me from going over the edge and gives me an idea.

"Um... yes?  I, uh, want to show you s-s-something."

Inside, my apartment is fairly spartan with a bed, chair and chest.  I head over to the chest and start digging through it, looking for something.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 16, 2012, 08:53:58 pm »

Stiletto follows Flux into his apartment

"Oh this is a nice door... I mean, what do want me to see?"
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 16, 2012, 09:09:33 pm »

After a few moments, I find what I was looking for: My Lyre.  It's a simple instrument, well made from bronze.  Cradling it with one of my forelegs, I turn to Stiletto.

"Um, this.  It's my lyre.  You, uh, said you liked m-my music.  And that I should f-face my f-fears..."

Shaking with nerves, I walk to the chair and sit, resting the lyre in the crook of one foreleg while preparing to strum with the other hoof.  I start slow, closing my eyes to better get a feel for my old instrument, before picking up the music a bit.  I let it flow, gentle and harmonious, as I play for Stiletto.  After a few minutes, I let the music taper to an end, and open my eyes.

(http://youtu.be/qZDgx2EFMq4  Some Lyre music)

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: February 16, 2012, 09:16:53 pm »

Flux find Stilettos' eyes looking deep into his own as they open.

"That was beautiful."

Stiletto then starts to kiss Flux and simply does not stop

((Fade to black, Scene! nothing more to see here!))

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 16, 2012, 09:43:09 pm »

Jaxler heard Granite's remark. he didn't like that a foal felt that way about himself. Jaxler decided that now wan't the time to give advice, he needed to know more before he could give advice. the two ponies walked over to the booze stock pile and Jaxler got two barrels of moonshine.he pulled his journal out from under his wing and he tore out a peace of paper and wrote "yo Jax was here" and left it in the space where the two barrels used to be.
"this is the stuff. one sip and you won't even be able to remember your name."

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 16, 2012, 10:09:07 pm »

"Perfect!" Now I can drown out my sorrows! I thought.

After the next couple of swigs of the stuff, about maybe fifteen percent is left, I take a brief moment to review how wasted I am:

Is my vision heavily clouded? Yup.

Do I have more then four hooves? Uh one, two, three, four, five, six, ugh so hard to count when their moving about!

Have I forgot my full name? It's Obsidian right? No it's... uh Quarts! There we go! Wait, no... people keep calling me... Granite! Yeah that's it!

Okay so according to my calculations I am completely hammered to the point of loosing a few brain cells. Now what I learned the following morning was that I get particularly chatty while intoxicated and will frequently speak my mind... Yeah that ain't good.

"My father doesn't love me!" I cry out. "All he wanted was a *hic* son that wasn't such a weakling! He just wants a son that fights! And kills! But noooo all he got was a son that was drunk forty-eight percent of the time and *hic* a son that can't do anything right! I can't butcher animals! I can't fight! I can't do anything right! All I can do is get kidnapped and waste the military's time by getting rescued! The other foals could have broken free! ANY foal could have broken free! But nope, father gets the one foal in the world that can't even protect himself! And I bet that they only love Brownie Bits! The gifted unicorn! She already knows her talent! And she doesn't get wasted everyday and fall into wells! All I wanted to be was a mechanic! And I managed to buck that dream up! I jacked Flux's diary and tried to build his traps, but all I did was get the pages torn up and break the pump system! Jaxler what the hell is wrong with me?!" After this rant I start bawling my eyes out and start filling the barrel with my tears...

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: February 16, 2012, 10:57:34 pm »

before Jaxler could even start to drink Granite had finished his keg. Then granite started to talk and Jaxler realized that he might have just met the only pony in the entire fort that was just as bucked up as he was.
"If it makes you feel the slightest bit better I was smaller than you when I was a foal. I was so sickly my parents made me a coffin when I was born. I didn't start to actually get muscle until I was 30 but that's not even the tip of the ice berg. You see this cutie mark. It's a bucking dagger over a cog. What the hell do you think it means, because I haven't the slightest clue. I don't know what my bucking talent is, I never got a realization or a vision as to what the bucking hell my god forsaken talent is."

Jaxler stops in order to calm down, and sips some booze.

"There's nothing bucking wrong with you. Your just confused. I can promise you that your dad does love you, it may not seem like it right now but he does, he just was given the gift of a daughter and he needs to be there for her right now. You also now have a sister, who loves her brother, never forget that. You also may be week, but that's doesn't me your a failure. You weren't born with the gift body mass. So bucking what? Body mass can be gained and lost. Work with the things that make you yourself. Also that snatcher had a knife. It didn't mater how strong you were, he had a knife. No foal can win fight agents a monster twice there size who has a knife. also... if you ever think your bucked up then remember this." Jaxler points to a huge faded burn scar over his left kidney. "you will never be as bucked up as me"
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 12:09:21 am by jaxler »

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: February 16, 2012, 11:20:48 pm »

By some bit of divine intervention, I heard every word that came out of Jaxler's mouth.

There was only one thing I could say, or rather slur: "Holy buck, Jaxler I'm *hic* so sor..."

I couldn't finish my sentence for the alcohol finally kicked it's hardest, I passed out.

The last thing I remember is Jaxler carrying me and stumbling his way through a window and placing me in my soft bed. I should probably ask Jaxler about his scar or also how he knows my address and give Flux his diary pages back... that is if I can leave without being interrogated by my parents.

End scene?

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 16, 2012, 11:48:10 pm »

Jaxler really didn't know if granite comprehended what he just said or if he would remember it in the morning. All he knew was that the foal just passed out and he really couldn't just let the guy stay down here in the cold damp stockpile. He picked up granite and carried him to his house. after placing him in his bed his mom came in and was was rather concerned. So Jaxler not being one to lie just said "Something from the dark got a hold of him. He should be fine in the morning, but he will have a head ache and he might not be able to remember anything about today." Jaxler walked outside when it started to rain. Jaxler grinned and said to himself "maybe there is a god".
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 12:15:18 am by jaxler »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 17, 2012, 12:36:29 am »

Walking out in the rain to haul his boulders back, the dust coating Powder Miner got turned into basically thin clay. "Aw dang!"
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 239