Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236000 times)

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #600 on: February 11, 2012, 04:53:28 pm »

Flux' Journal, Sandstone 20

Looks like the moat is finally finished!  Still working on the pumps, though.  Getting them properly sealed is a bit of a pain, so taking it nice and slow.

Timber 24

Virtue and Harvest Moon were wed today!  It was a lovely ceremony, and the cake was really good.  I didn't stick around too long, though.  There's always steel to be smelted or machinery to be set up.  I was also a bit worn out from dancing with Stiletto.  She really likes to dance, and she's really good, too!

Moonstone 8

I should have known those seals wouldn't hold.  We tried to start filling the moat today, but the pumps just sprayed water everywhere!  Nopony was hurt, but I'm a bit embarrassed about this failure.  I hope Virtue will let me try to fix this problem.

Moonstone 14

Got the seal problem fixed!  It's a bit slower going to fill the moat than I had hopped, but it's filling!  Hopefully this will help keep the badgerpegasi out.  I've heard that large pools of water make flying weird, something about the thermals.  Either way, I really hope this helps to give us at least a little more security.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 04:58:44 pm by Khenal »
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 11, 2012, 06:27:23 pm »

Stilettos' Midpony writings
Flux and Glyph have told me that writing in midpony will help me to learn it. I will write words onto these pages and become better.

Limestone 17-255
When I talked to madam Panacea today. Grapple will not let his hooves be treated. I will talk with him, remind him that blood soaked hooves will slip off the gates to the lands of the twin sisters. They would see us in joy, not in pain.

Timber 23-255
Lady Virtue will be married to gentlestallion Harvest Moon tomorrow. All my dresses are in Deutschmeinland. I will wear this DimondDog leather skirt. One does as one must.

Timber 25-255
I danced all of the night last night. First with Flux, I tired him out so I asked Glyph. He to needed to sit down as well when we finished. I asked Ballista next, she moves divinely I must say, but why was she so scared excited nervous? She must not dance often. I asked Lady Virtue aswell, she said Harvest Moon had all of her dances that night. I finish the night dancing with Billows, so drunk I had too catch him three times.

Opal 22-255
Today I was able to do a great thing. Lady Virtue has told Grapple that now he can build his church. I helped him move all the materials he had been allowed. As I was working I came across the planes for one my great grand uncles' Riesen-Bezwinger. I gave it to Lady Virtue as fast as I could. I hope it will help to get the stone works moving again.

*Inclosed diagram*
C=Cave wall, S=empty space, B=Drawbridge, A=bait, H=chain to hold bait, F=fortification, W=Ponymade wall
CCCCCSCCCC
       CBC
       CSC
       CSC
       CSC
       CSC
       CSC
       CSC
       CSC
       CSC
       CSC
       CSC
      CCBC
      CHAC
      CWFW
      Balista
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 10:17:08 pm by TALLPANZER »
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 11, 2012, 06:40:47 pm »

I wander around the trade depot, doing some window shopping and checking to see if anypony had mailed me anything.  The various things the traders brought were either completely outside my price range or totally unfathomable, often times both.  Just as I start to think I should head off to do something else, I notice a large package in the mail pile.  Curiosity getting the better of me, I take a closer look and see it's something for Stiletto!

'Huh, I wonder who'd send her something like this?  I might as well take it to her, I don't think she comes to the depot often.'

I carefully heft the box onto my back, relieved that it feels fairly light, and head to Stiletto's apartment.  In just a few minutes, I find myself knocking on her door.

"Stiletto?  It's Flux!  It looks like somepony mailed you something.  Are you in?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 11, 2012, 06:51:28 pm »

Stiletto was using a bucket to wash her self again, oh when will there be a well. She had just pored the water down her back when a knock came at the door

"Flux? I am in, let your self in please. I am drying my mane."

A blast of hot air magically erupted across Stilettos' back.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 11, 2012, 07:01:07 pm »

I carefully open the door.

"Ah, ok.  Somepony left this... for... you...?"

I stand in the doorway, staring, as Stiletto's mane billows in the artificial wind and makes her look stunning.  After a few moments, the thump of the package hitting the floor after sliding off my back snaps me out of it.  Blushing furiously and keeping my eyes on anything but Stiletto, I enter and close the door.

"Er, um... you got this, uh, package?  I, uh, decided to... bring it here for you?"

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 11, 2012, 07:06:50 pm »

Stilettos' eyes light up and smiles broadly

"That was so very thoughtful." *She brought her head down to Flux and kissed him on the cheek* "So, what is in it, did it say who it was from? Oh tell me please.... Flux?"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 11, 2012, 07:10:57 pm »

I nearly topple over in surprise at the peck on the cheek, but somehow manage to stay upright.

"Um, I-I couldn't t-tell who it's from.  I c-could only make out your n-name on it."

'Settle down, Flux!  She's your friend, stop worrying her!'

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 11, 2012, 07:18:27 pm »

"Could not tell? Oh, is it in Highpony? That would mean it is from Deutschmienland."

Stiletto finally looks at the package itself. It was about the size of a bin, but lite. She took the string and paper off of the bin with magical precision, placing it in a near by pile. Yup that's a bin alright. She removed the lid and looked inside.

"My dresses! My old uniforms! These are my close from home!"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 11, 2012, 07:27:05 pm »

Watching Stiletto happily dig through the bin helps me to relax some.

"Um, your old clothes?  Who sent them?"

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 11, 2012, 07:35:18 pm »

"It must have been my Uncle Harpsichord. Only he would remember me way out here."

Stiletto tried on each different outfit as it came out of the bin as she was talking. Magically putting on hats, dresses, long boots, and capes of fine cloth or leather.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 11, 2012, 07:41:51 pm »

Stiletto's happiness with her new, er, old clothes is too infectious, and I begin to smile.  It starts small, but slowly widens as she keeps acting happy as a school filly.

"Oh wow, does everypony wear clothes like that where you come from?"

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 11, 2012, 07:50:42 pm »

"Yes, cloths are so beautiful, and they are made for each pony on special order so they look as good on them as possible."

Then Stiletto pulls a fine red silk dress from the bin, if is far too small for her and there are no wing holes. Stiletto appears to be stunned by it's very presence

*Her eyes tearing up* "Why..."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 11, 2012, 07:58:22 pm »

"Oohh, that's a nice one.  It looks too small, though.  Do you think you could return it for one that fits?"

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 11, 2012, 08:05:04 pm »

Stiletto clenches her teeth so hard them might brake as sh tries in vain to hold back the tears. She strikes the bin with the side of her foreleg, causing it to flip upside down.

*Closing her eyes as they flood over with tears* "wie bin ich immer noch so dumm?!"

She drops the dress and just stands there, too upset to move.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 11, 2012, 08:09:30 pm »

I jump backwards when she kicks the bin, confused at what might make her so upset.  Cautiously, I approach her to put a hoof on her leg.

'Wie bin ich immer noch so dumm?  Why is... something... so dumb?  She's not dumb...'

"Stiletto?"
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:12:12 pm by Khenal »

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 239