Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 235904 times)

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #3360 on: May 25, 2012, 08:11:21 am »

(( Late Moonstone 260 ))
(( I'm rather fuzzy on the date. It could be something else, but this is soon after Indigo and Amor talked about him wearing armour to work, and Fauchard has been for over a year in the fort, so it works. I also don't think, this date would invalidate any other scenes. ))

After work, Indigo goes to see one pony, who might be able to offer him some advice. He knocks on his door. "Fauchard, can I come in?"

Fauchard opens the door. The old stallion is currently home alone. His axe is laying on the table. It appears that he was in the middle of polishing her. "Certainly Indigo. Come inside." he says, with a welcoming tone, it wasn't that unusual for the unicorn to pay him a visit. Fauchard simply assumed that Indigo wanted to return the last book he borrowed and maybe take a new one with him.

Indigo comes in and closes the door. "I want to ask you for advice. You may know a solution to a problem I have. But first, I want this conversation to stay between us, alright?"

Fauchard, retaking his seat at his table, returns to the work he has been interrupted from. "Certainly Indigo. I told  Lady Virtue that my mind and knowledge, such as it is, was at the disposal of her and all of Dawnpick. But that doesn't mean I can't keep a few secrets. Now tell me what problem do you need help with?"

Indigo comes closer and says in hushed voice. "I want to quit the military, but I want to minimize any bad fallout from that."

Fauchard puts his axe back down on the table, ignoring her for now. "And why would you want to quit the military now? You've led the reserves since before I even arrived here."

"Firstly I'm fed up with it and have been for quite a while." Since the beginning of my squad. "Secondly... a mare wants me to quit."

Fauchard, clearly unhappy with Indigo's reason, begins "A mare wanting you to quit is not a good enough reason Indigo. Do you think my wife liked that I was a soldier? Of course she didn't, but I did my duty for the gods and for my country all the same. But if you really want to quit. Just quit."

"I thought about it, but soldiers are needed now. If I just quit, I'll be called a coward and my reputation will plummet. Well, I could do something stupid, be disciplinary removed from the military and forbidden from carrying weapons, but that's even worse. So, is there a third option?"

Fauchard shakes his head, "Well lets be clear here Indigo. Is it leading the reserves you are tired of, or the whole package?"

Indigo sighs. "Everything. Training and paperwork aren't bad, but... some other things are."

Fauchard sighs, "The only way to get out of this, with your perceived honour intact, would be an injury that makes you unqualified to fight. You would still be a coward in the eyes of the gods...but the other ponies of the town would not know the truth. So either admit to cowardice or be a liar and 'accidentally' crush a hoof at your masonry job. Your call."

Indigo winces. "I'm not that desperate. I just know, you somehow quit and still seem to be in high regard, or may know some loopholes from years of service, so I asked."

Fachard sighs. "I quit the military because my daughter was murdered, my son imprisoned, and my wife committed suicide within a short few days. I was in no fit mental state fit to be in command of anypony, so I requested to be honourably discharged and my superiors did so."

Indigo is quite taken aback by that. "Oh... I had no idea."

Fauchard sighs, "And now I suppose you do. But do not worry, that was a long, long time ago."

Indigo sighs "Well then, I guess, I'm stuck up with being in the military for now and should just learn whatever I can to maximize my chances. Maybe I won't die or get wounded anytime soon and won't have to kill a pony. You have quite a lower opinion of me now, don't you?"

Fauchard refocuses on his weapon, again working to polish her until she shines, "Not all stallions are cut out to be soldiers, Indigo." is the only answer he will offer to Indigo's question.

"That's a good thing, really. I'm much better suited to making things than to killing and I prefer it that way." says Indigo, sighs and gives a small smile. The two briefly talk of other things, before Indigo bids Fauchard farewell and takes his leave.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: May 25, 2012, 05:25:32 pm »

Jaxler was laying in bed, hiding under his covers. The room was as horrible as always, but over the last couple months it had started to lose some of it's fearfulness. Still, the wall wasn't the only thing making him mad. The dumb ass in the cell next to him was problem enough, and all poor Jaxler wanted was for him to just shut up, which he did. Apparently after about a second of conversion Moral was now going to try to create the world record for not making a sound. So, now Jaxler could enjoy his incarceration with limited annoyance. Well, that is of course until now. There seemed to be somepony walking down the steps of the jail, but Jaxler just continued to cower in his bed.
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: May 25, 2012, 05:34:15 pm »

Granite walked down the steps of the jail. He approached Jaxler's cell and said, "H-h-hey Jaxler... y-you got a moment?" Granite said, his voice shaky.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: May 25, 2012, 05:37:07 pm »

Jaxler got out of bed immediately and walked over to the cell's bars. Last he checked, Granite was going to talk with Friesden, and judging by his voice, this probably wasn't going to be good. "G-Granite, are you okay?"

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: May 25, 2012, 05:39:00 pm »

"N-no. She... she left me..." Granite says, tears forming. "I... she... she's gone..."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: May 25, 2012, 05:44:00 pm »

In the time Granite had been in the hospital, Friesden had left him. If Granite hadn't taken that bolt they could still be together. It was all Jaxler's fault. Jaxler didn't know what to do, Granite was crying because of him. Maybe he could at least try to make him feel better. "Do you um... Uh, need a hug?" Jaxler hadn't the slightest clue what to do.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 02:24:07 pm by jaxler »

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: May 25, 2012, 05:46:36 pm »

"N-no..." Granite momentarily stops crying. "H-how the hell would you hug me through the jail cell?" He asks.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: May 25, 2012, 05:48:41 pm »

"I-I could put my forelegs though the bars and squeeze you..." Jaxler really hadn't the slightest clue what to do.

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: May 25, 2012, 05:51:39 pm »

"T-that probably wouldn't work..." Granite says. "W-why did she leave me? She was angry that I hadn't seen her... even when I was in the hospital! She kept saying it was my fault!"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: May 25, 2012, 05:58:59 pm »

"I... I don't think it was y-your fault. She should have seen you, not the other way around... and if this is anypony's fault it's m-mine not yours."

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: May 25, 2012, 06:00:32 pm »

"J-Jaxler how is it your fault?!" Granite says. "I-it's only my fault. I got shot and then got dumped... I'm... so inferior..."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: May 25, 2012, 06:10:13 pm »

"If I hadn't been getting arresting, or resisting arrest you'd have your kidney, half your life back, and Friesden. It's my fault, and don't you dare call yourself inferior. I hate it when ponies lie. Your the best bucking pony I have ever met in my life and I'd be dead right now if you weren't here."

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: May 25, 2012, 06:12:00 pm »

"J-j-Jaxler..." Granite says. He looks down at his hooves, contemplating everything. "What should I do now?" Granite asks.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: May 25, 2012, 06:23:10 pm »

"take note of today's events and move on, never look back, and treat this as a lesson."

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: May 25, 2012, 06:30:22 pm »

"So what's today's tale? Never help others and think only of yourself and a selfish filly?!" Granite says, slightly angered by the day.
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 239