Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236444 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #3150 on: May 08, 2012, 03:38:18 pm »

It took Jaxler a few moments to realize that Kit had flown up already. He didn't hear a word of what she said but he figured that she probably wanted him to follow her. So, Jaxler momentarily lost his balance, having his crossbow fall while doing so, and then flew up to Kit.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 03:43:56 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: May 08, 2012, 03:44:36 pm »

Kit watches Jaxler following her. giggling at the amusing sight of the drunk Pegasus flying up to her. He's no where near being graceful, but atleast he's not so stiff anymore. "There you go, Play around in the air a little with me!" She chirped before making another roll to Jaxler's other side.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: May 08, 2012, 03:57:43 pm »

Jaxler was having a hard time seeing and flying straight. "Sure! but what exactly would we 'Play' up here?" he said with a bit of confusion.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: May 08, 2012, 03:59:35 pm »

"The Sky!" Kit answered happily.. And so she flew.. The sky being her playground, It wasn't much of a training session and more like a nice playtime in the sky. Flying around, Gliding, the simple joy of being in the air..
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: May 08, 2012, 04:08:36 pm »

Jaxler silent for a moment. His booze drenched brain really didn't get what kit meant, but he figured he might as well try mimic what she was doing. The stallion tried his hoof at a few barrel rolls (and failed horribly). "Heh, this stuff is kinda fun..."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: May 08, 2012, 04:53:33 pm »

Climbing the stairs, Jury is returning home after a long day of doing nothing in particular other than shape rocks. The work is menial to her; despite her skill at it, masonry had never been something she enjoyed, although she could see the sense in Virtue placing her in this position. She'd anticipated her ability as a judge may not be needed for quite some time, and until she could get an office to herself Jury has been helping out the masons on occasion, whenever she and Partisan aren’t busy poring over stacks of legal documents. Trotting down the corridor, though, she catches sight of something a bit more interesting than yet another lump of stone needing shaped. A few figures are strewn inconveniently across the hallway; a barrel, some sort of weapon and an apparently unconscious black-coated, red-maned pony. Normally, Jury would have merely stepped round the sorry sight, trusting somepony else more suited to the job would come and clean the mess up, but unfortunately for her the offending articles are lying right in front of her door, blocking her way.
Hmph. she thinks to herself, levitating the weapon from the ground as she approaches. Some sort of crossbow...gem-encrusted? My, my. Jury whistles appreciatively, marvelling at the quality of the weapon for a moment, before remembering she has an inconvenience to deal with.
Turning her attention once again to the incapacitated pegasus, she raps him smartly on the head with his own crossbow, intending to wake him up.
"Get up, you useless cur. Out of my way." she snaps, her tone irritated.

Jaxler wakes up in front of a door. He hasn’t the slightest clue how he got there or what happened last night. Before Jaxler can get up and scan his surroundings though, he is poked on the head and insulted. “Ugh... damnit, there’s no need to be bitchy...” Jaxler then realizes what he was being poked by. “Give me back my freakin’ crossbow.”

"Shut up, you feckless layabout, else I shall report you to the guard for misconduct and have you stay a night or two in the cells." replies Jury in a scathing tone, raising the crossbow out of Jaxler's reach. "Remove yourself and your barrel from my doorway, and then you can have your weapon back." she says, as if she were a schoolteacher reprimanding an unruly foal.

Jaxler is pissed. “Give me back my crossbow or else I put a hoof sized dent in your head, AND I AIN’T MOVING NOWHERE UNTIL I GET MY BUCKING WEAPON BACK!”

Jury, for her part, stands her ground, her indignation and fury growing by the second, though her voice remains glacially cool as always. "If you continue to threaten me and cause such an uproar in the hallway I will have you incarcerated for at least a week for causing such a godsawful clamour and disturbing everypony," she intones, sounding more bored than anything. "And I refuse to return this weapon to somepony as obviously unstable and ill-tempered as yourself. I shall be turning it into the town guard's office immediately. Now move your unsightly mess and get out of my sight."

Jaxler isn’t about to let some uptight annoying unicorn take his crossbow away from him. That just isn’t right, and furthermore the mare is so outrageously bossy and openly threatening him with jail time. So, Jaxler replies just as coldly “Prideful foals should learn to take threats seriously” and flings his hoof toward the arrogant pony’s head.

Jury sees the blow coming, but she doesn’'t really believe what her eyes are telling her. He wouldn't dare, she thinks, and so it is quite a surprise for the purple unicorn to be smacked right in the face, falling backwards onto her rump with an oof of surprise. Her nose starts bleeding, and she blinks a couple of times, stunned. The crossbow tumbles towards the ground, her magic having cut out upon being struck by Jaxler. As it clatters to the floor, though, Jury's brain catches up with what has just transpired, and her horn sparks into life, her magic made all the stronger by the strength of her rage. She scrambles to her hooves, pumping raw power into her horn in case the mad pony would continue his assault.
"You'b insane!" she screeches, speech slurred by her bleeding muzzle, the sheer magnitude of the mare's anger overriding her sense of fear completely. "I will thee you rot in the thells for this! Mark my words, you bucking psychobath! You'b going to pay for this!"

Jaxler walks up to his crossbow and slings it on his back. He then notices the unicorn’s horn is starting to glow. Jaxler thinks to himself for a moment. If he walked away right now and that pony hit him back it wouldn’t be self defense and she would be in trouble herself. So, he starts to walk away. “Thanks for giving me back my crossbow! I’m gonna walk away now, unless you plan on pressing any charges.”

“You’b going to be thtaring at dungeon wallth for a long, long time, you disgusting, vile heap ob manure! How dare you! You’b just a thug, a worthleth thug, and I will enjoy sententhing you to months ob confinement more than anything else in the ebtire world! There won't be enough alcohol in the world to make eberything feel better when I'b finished with you! ” Jury shrieks, backing away down the corridor and then breaking out into a gallop, bolting straight to Partisan’s office.

Jaxler watches as the pony starts to run away. “Up yours, bitch!” says Jaxler in retaliation. That pony really needed to learn not to insult somepony so much. Jaxler honestly felt like that punch was a public service, but regardless of how much good he had just done, he was still probably going to go to jail.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 03:49:17 pm by jaxler »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: May 08, 2012, 09:27:37 pm »

((continuation of the Moral scene))
((TRIPLE POSTED LIKE A BOSS))

Moral was having such a great time staring at the water wheel. It was amazing. The thing kept on tuning, IN A CIRCLE. How in the hell could such a magnificent device work! Oh, the alicorn had to figure it out! He was so Lost in his inner thought that he didn't even notice the pony walking up to him.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:34:09 pm by jaxler »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: May 08, 2012, 09:35:35 pm »

Flux watched the new alicorn as he watched the water purifier, seemingly mesmerized by it.  He cautiously approaches the odd stallion.

"Um... hello?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: May 08, 2012, 09:40:18 pm »

"I swear, how on earth did they get this machine to go in perpetual motion. That's agents the laws of physics..." Jaxler then noticed Flux "OH, hello there good sir, I ug... I... what was I going to say... OH, I really like this water wheel. Do you is know how it being this way!" Said Moral with confusedly
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:42:30 pm by jaxler »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: May 08, 2012, 09:45:36 pm »

"Um, yes, actually.  I helped build it with Stiletto.  It took a bit of her magic to get the perpetual motion, but it worked wonderfully, yes?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: May 08, 2012, 09:48:16 pm »

Moral paused for a moment. "I guess that would um... make sense... what's your name again? Where am I?"
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:50:39 pm by jaxler »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: May 08, 2012, 09:50:24 pm »

"Uh... I'm Flux, and you're by the water purifier.  What's, um... your name?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: May 08, 2012, 09:55:55 pm »

"oh, I'm um... God damnit... I am Moral Decay the Bringer of doom, the shadow of evil, master wizard, and Grand master pyromancer and!... crap... what is I doing here again, Baux? wait... Who am I again..." Moral then levitates his hat off and looks inside of it. The words Moral Decay are stitched into it. "Hi my name be Moral!"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: May 08, 2012, 09:59:16 pm »

I take a step back as he launches into titles, then tilt my head confusedly as he seems to snap out of it and look at his hat.

"Uh... are you alright, Mr. Decay?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: May 08, 2012, 10:01:41 pm »

"That's me right, or is it left... Um... I dunno. I think I have some left, so I guess I'm not right. WAIT I guess that means I'm not all right."

Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 239