Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236438 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #3135 on: May 07, 2012, 11:38:36 pm »

Jaxler starts to try to glide, feeling 100% stressed out. If he moved his wings he could die. "SO, How high up do you think we are, heh!" said Jaxler nervously.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 07:56:05 am by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: May 07, 2012, 11:42:26 pm »

"Very High!" Kit chirped as she glides herself happily through the air, angling herself down to gain some speed before rolling herself slightly over and around Jaxler, giggling "You're gliding waay too stiff! Let yourself go and let the wind take you!"
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: May 07, 2012, 11:46:33 pm »

"Why exactly would I want to loosen up, if I move the wrong way I'll fall and die."

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: May 07, 2012, 11:56:09 pm »

Kit just giggles at that as she makes another roll over to Jaxler's other side. "It's a long long way down Jaxler. You've got to not be afraid." she said before closing her wings and make a quick dive before spreading them and pull herself back to level again.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: May 08, 2012, 12:01:14 am »

Jaxler sighed, Kit did have a point. Jaxler tried to loosen up a little bit. "Is this any better?"

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: May 08, 2012, 12:05:37 am »

Kit flies up to his side, giggling softly as she pushes at him lightly with a hoof. "You're still too stiff." She comments.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: May 08, 2012, 08:58:05 am »

Jaxler gets a bit more stressed out now that Kit was pushing him. "Well' how exactly do I loosen up then?"

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: May 08, 2012, 10:20:23 am »

with a little giggle and a smile, Kit answered happily. "by don't think about what'll happen if you fall. You think too much about what's below you, so you're forgetting the most important thing." Kit pauses for dramatic effect with a mischievous grin "The entire sky's the limit." And with that, she breaks away to the side, making another roll as she enjoy the free air without care or worries in the world. It.. looks kind of beautiful actually. Almost like she's dancing in the sky.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: May 08, 2012, 11:41:39 am »

If Jaxler knew that being to tense was going to be a problem he probably would have gotten stone cold drunk before he showed up for this. How Kit could just relax and fly like that seemed insane to him. "Can we please land for a moment?"
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 02:46:03 pm by jaxler »

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: May 08, 2012, 02:47:17 pm »

Kit seems a little confused for a moment before smiling. "Sure!" She chirped then make a dive down towards the ground. That might give Jaxler a scare but she reopens her wings and gracefully touch down onto the ground. Looking up at the other pegasus, waiting for him on the ground.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: May 08, 2012, 02:58:21 pm »

(We interrupt this D'aww for some different D'aww.)

Flux relaxes under a tree safe inside the walls, idly playing a simple wooden lute and thinking.  Stiletto was back, and he and Kat were happier than ever... and he found his thoughts often returning to Kit.  Kat often talked about her, and she seemed so much like Kat, and yet also so different.

Kit was wandering around off-duty to get herself more used to Dawnpick still.. That’s when her ears caught some of the beautiful music, curious, she wanders towards the source of the music. Seeing Flux playing the Lute, she decides to quietly walk closer to have a closer listen.. smiling at the nice music that’s being played.. it sounded nice.

He fails to notice Kit approach, lost in thought as his hooves strum and play the lute, the melody wandering as he thinks about everything.  Things were changing so much with the looming war, and some ponies even said it wasn’t a war at all.  Flux sighs, not seeing how war could be avoided after the slaughter of the caravan, and the death of their diplomat after.  The diplomat that some whispered was an assassin instead...

Kit notices the sad frown that seems to creeps on Flux’s face, and she knew instantly that she had to do something. “Are you okay?” she asked out, worried.

Flux starts, a dissonant chord coming from the lute as he’s surprised out of his thoughts.  He looks around for who talked, then relaxes when he sees it’s Kit.  “Kit!  Um... sorry, I didn’t notice you.  I’m, uh... alright?”

Kit beams him a smile when he said that he’s alright “Okay, if you say so.. you.. um.. play very good music..” She said and paws at the ground softly. smiling a little shyly to be complimenting another pony.

Flux blushes slightly as well at the compliment.  “Um... thank you.  Has Kat... told you about my playing?”

Kit nods happily “mmhmm! She says that you play really really good! And I agree! You play really really good!”

Flux’ blush deepens slightly, not really used to being complimented like this.  “Do you... want me to keep playing?”

Kit sits down on her legs and nods “mmhmm! Please do.. it’s.. very beautiful.”

Flux nods and closes his eyes, his blush fading as he focuses on the music.  He starts with Kat’s Theme, almost a march with a few bursts of life, until the lively theme breaks through to truly be free, blending with a few other chords and then slowly fading, as if the theme has more places to be than sitting here under the tree.

Kit might not have the bestest Musical sense in her, but she know when she’s hearing good music.. and she’s hearing one now. Smiling as the music stayed in her head even after when he’s done.. “wow.. it’s really beautiful!”

“Um... thanks.  That was... Kat’s Song.”

Kit perks her ears “Ooohh? It is? No wonder why it’s so beautiful!” Kit chirped happily and giggles “mm.. you have songs for any other ponies else?”

Flux nods, giving a small smile.  “Yes.  I, um... write songs for most everypony I know.  And they always change, just like the ponies they are about.”

“Oh? can you write songs for me?” Kit asked interestingly.

“I’ve, um... actually started one for you.  But... it’s not gotten very far yet.  I, uh... don’t know a lot about you.  Want to hear what I have so far?”

Kit nods while smiling brightly, shifting her tail from one side to another. “Yes please!”

Flux closes his eyes again and starts to play.  He wasn’t kidding about it still being a work in progress: he basically has just the background harmony.  It’s a light an innocent harmony, very similar to the main theme in Kat’s Song, but subtly different.  He weaves it with the same chords he did at the end of Kat’s song as well, letting the themes of him and his loves weave about hers and inviting her to make a chord with them.  The music cuts off short instead of fading.  After all, she hasn’t made any decision to join them, and he had precious little else to write about her just yet.

Kit smiles at the unfinished song.. it still sound beautiful to her.. “wow.. it sounds.. beautiful. Flux.. you’re a really good musician.”

“Well... like you said earlier: it’s beautiful because.. it, um... has a beautiful inspiration...”

Kit blushes softly at that. “um.. are.. are you calling me.. um.. beautiful?” she asked meekly with her ears folded shyly, pawing softly at the floor with a hoof.

“Um...” Flux looks away, blushing fiercely, then nods.  “...yes.”

Kit squeaks softly and sinks a little lower to the ground. Blushing just as fiercely “um... I’m... I’m not.. beautiful..”

“Yes you are.”  Flux looks earnestly at Kit, then realizes he just told her, point blank, she’s beautiful, and blushes and looks away again.

Kit sinks even lower onto the floor, hiding away her face as she got called beautiful again. “um.. t-.thanks...” she manage to squeak out embarrassedly

Flux desperately tries to think of a way to change the subject and banish the sudden awkwardness of the conversation, and decides on one of his favorite moves: Lunch!  “Um... w-would you like to, uh... get some lunch?”

Kit considers this for a quick moment.. the nods “that.. That’d be good.. yes.”
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: May 08, 2012, 02:59:09 pm »

Jaxler heads straight down for the ground as fast as he could. when he landed he gave a huge sigh "can you wait here for like 15 minuets?"

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: May 08, 2012, 03:04:10 pm »

Kit tilt her head slightly then nods "15 minutes? okay.. I can wait I guess. What are you going to do?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: May 08, 2012, 03:20:57 pm »

"I'm just gonna go check the food stockpiles. I'll be right back!" Jaxler then trotted off. It took him a while, but by the time he came back he was having little bit of difficulty walking straight and seemed disconnected with what was going on around him. "AYE KIT, I'm ready to continue with da' lesson!"

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: May 08, 2012, 03:32:48 pm »

Kit tilt her head a little more at the sight. Then shrug, oh well. Atleast he looked more.. relaxed?

"Okay! See you in the Sky!" She chirped with a little giggle before taking the air again. Waiting for him to join her.
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 239