Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236439 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #3120 on: May 07, 2012, 12:43:33 am »

Her face shifts to a small frown.  "It's... been better, if I'm honest.  Haven't you heard of the merchant party tragedy?  Before that things were going quite well here, but ever since then we've been worried sick that we might face armed retribution for what happened."
Through pain, I find wisdom.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: May 07, 2012, 12:47:15 am »

"Oh, well I didn't know about the waterbowtie ponies being mad with this place, but if anypony dares assault the outpost that I reside in then I shall immolate the very souls from their mutilated corpses. So, If any bad ponies attack, you has me to help!"
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: May 07, 2012, 12:53:00 am »

Virtue is silent for just a moment.  She hadn't been more convinced of many things than that this pony was somewhat out of his mind.  He shouldn't be let near anything sharp and if she could keep him from using magic she'd strongly consider it.  This was most distressing.  Still... if he talked to Indigo there was no way in the world he was going to let Moral into the reserves.

"I... I see.  Well, you should go see Indigo about that.  He's probably out by the mason workshops now.  A blue unicorn stallion, you can't miss him."

Gods have mercy on her, what was she about to put Indigo through?

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: May 07, 2012, 01:04:26 am »

Moral had a big smile on his face "Thank you miss Two Derp" Moral then got up out of his seat and started to walk out of the room. once outside Moral walked in some random direction until he reached the fort's wall. he then turned around walked until he found the water purifier. The huge wheel was mesmerizing and Moral couldn't stop staring at the revolving circle. "Good god this thing is spectacular, and um uh... what was a doing again? Oh right, blue stallion named Magenta!"
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 11:36:39 am by jaxler »

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: May 07, 2012, 01:10:39 am »

Virtue watches him leave and can't quite place the sensation rolling through her.  Some combination of pity, fear and exhaustion.  She should probably go let Partisan know about Moral and that he might cause trouble.   She lets out a long breath and stands.  This was shaping up to be one of those days.  Suddenly she didn't feel so guilty about handing Moral off to Indigo.  She really didn't feel like dealing with this right now.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: May 07, 2012, 04:42:23 pm »

Flux was doing what he usually does: smelting steel in the furnace.  He had been getting better and was able to make steel faster than he used to.  He was pouring the crucible into the molds for ingots when he hears somepony at the entrance.

Kat runs in Urgently, panting slightly. Her and Stiletto planned together a nice little plan.. “Flux!”  She calls out. “There’s this big Alicorn in the dining hall wanting to see you. Sounds Urgent!”

Flux looks up from the cooling ingots, a bit confused.  “An alicorn?  Why would an alicorn want to see me?”  He takes a few steps away from the ingots and towards Kat anyway.  If it really was urgent, he probably didn’t have much time for questions.

“Well.. Let’s just go to the dining hall okay? I’ll follow you there soon. Can’t miss it!” Kat said before flying away again after a quick nuzzle for him. not explaining anything.. She needs to get Kit. Plus she couldn’t hold away the smile any longer, once off, she smiles as wide as she could.. Ohh Kit would be so damn happy to meet both of them..

At a set of fine tables in the dinning hall sat a large sized Alicorn, made larger still by the many plates of her fully encasing **Blacksteel battle plate**. She looked about the dinning hall, as if waiting for something.

Flux nervously opens the doors and peeks inside, seeing the imposing armored alicorn.  He swallows uneasily, and enters the hall.  “Um... you w-wanted to see me?”

The armored figure acknowledges Flux with a gesture of her horn, and an indication with her hoof for him to come and sit with her.

Flux slowly approaches, trying to think why a big, scary alicorn would want to see him.  This one looked even bigger than Stiletto!  Oh, how he missed her...

“Uh... S-Sir?  Why... um, you wanted to see me?”

“Ma’am, or my ladyship.” She said, the smile on her face hidden by her helmet, but shown in her eyes.

Flux blinks a few times, knowing he’s heard that voice before.  When he sees her eyes, is when it finally clicks, and he smiles wide.  “Or... my Beautiful Love.  Stiletto!”  He rushes forward to give her a hug, overcome with joy to see her returned.

Stiletto opened her forelegs to embrace Flux and pull him close to her chest. The complicated locks on her helmet were slowly undone by her magic. Her mane fell out about her neck as the great work of blacksteel slid away, and floated gently to the table. “Yes, those are the words, Meine, my, kindest love?” she obviously had not spoken Midpony in awhile.

Flux nuzzles into her, having missed her so much in her absence.  “Yes... Oh, Stiletto, I’m so glad you’re back!”  He glances around while she holds him, then frowns slightly, confused.  “Where’s Glyph?”

Kat nearly knocked the door to the dining hall over as she practically bucks it open, panting and sweating slightly with her sister in-tow. “We’re here!” she announced while still holding a very-confused Kit.

Stiletto nuzzled Flux’s mane before answering his question. “He is at home, our new home in DeutschmeinerLend.” her tone is quiet and doesn’t have its’ usual exuberance.

“Is something wrong?”

“I, I will need to go home again. Officially, I am only here for this war with the rainbows. I can pull strings to stay longer but...”

Kat come over to sit with them aswell with Kit behind. Kit, still a little scared of the Alicorn, decides to sit all nice and well behind her sister. “Is everything okay?” Kat asked, hearing about what they’re talking about.

She whispers into Flux’s ear “I want to go home, and get this Armor off.”

Flux can’t help but blush a bit at Stiletto’s whisper, then tries to re-rail the conversation.  “Um... you can’t just move back here after the war?”

“Should I explain each reason now? There are a few of them, and they are full of burden.” Stiletto lifts her wings out invitingly to Kat and Kit too.

Kat happily joins under Stiletto’s wing, snuggling up to her. But Kit still shies herself a good distance away for now.. Giving Flux a little shy smile.

‘I guess not...”  He gives Kit a gentle smile in return.  “Um... hello?”

“um.. Hello..” Kit squeaks and blushes away shyly as he smiles back at her.

Flux shifts a bit in the embrace to offer her a hoof to shake.  “I’m Flux.”

Kit nods slightly and accepts the hoof and shake it softly.. her shy embarrassed self would undoubtedly reminds him of Kat when they met with him under stiletto’s wing all those years ago. “I’m... I’m Kit.. Kat’s.. younger sister.” she introduced herself.

Stiletto turned her head towards Kit and smiled “Hello Kit. I am Stiletto.” She wiggles her open wing.

Kit nods shyly “y-yes.. um.. w-we met.. at the gates..” She said. still shying herself a good distance away unlike her elder sister who’s just happily snuggled under the larger mare’s wing..

“Her sister?  All the way from across the sea?” Flux asks, surprised to see more of Kat’s family.

Stiletto cuddles Kat in her wing, careful about the armored bridge “Did you come here to find Kat?”

Kit nodded. Still blushing softly as she paw at the floor lightly with a hoof “y-yes.. from across the sea.. a-and.. yeah.. I come here to find Kat.. and to stay with her.. It was the best decision I’ve ever made.”

“You are a loyal sister, and you are quite... umm what is word? niedlich...”

“Um... has she told you about... us?”

“oh.. um.. n-not so much.. really.. no.. She-She told me that you’re really great ponies and she loves you very much though..” Kit said. stammering slightly

“Kit, realise the weight of my words as I say this, I love Kat, and I love Flux. They are both my lovers, do you understand?”

Kit squeaks softly and sinks a little closer to the floor. Blushing and nodding “Y-yeah.. I.. think so..”

“How do you feel about this? Please tell me your full and honest opinion.”

Flux smiles softly, trying to reassure Kit and show her it’s fine if she doesn’t agree.  He doesn’t want to try to pressure her into anything, especially when it’s about love.

“I... don’t know..” Kit said with a little sigh and a quiet whimper.. “but.. at least Kat seems happy about it.. so.. I’m okay with it I guess.. “

“I would very much enjoy your company. You are more than welcome to join us at any time.”

Kit nods shyly in reply.. keeping herself quiet “okay..”

Flux nods and keeps smiling, seeing that Kit isn’t ready to join the hug.  He nuzzles into Stiletto for a few moments before breaking the embrace, not wishing to make Kit feel uncomfortable and left out.

Kat sighs out happily, nuzzling up softly against Stiletto’s wing before breaking the embrace aswell. But not before another nuzzle.

Stiletto places her forehooves on the table and folds her wings in behind her wither plates. “What has happened while I have been away?”

“Um... a lot?  Lady Virtue is a Dutchess... or is it Baroness?  The, uh... higher one... There’s the war, but I guess you know about that already...”

“Yes, the war, how did it happen? The rainbows are usually peaceful.”

“The Embasador died, either poison or just a heart attack.  The rest of the caravan... didn’t take it well.  They, um... threatened Lady Virtue... the Guard took it even worse...”

Kat nods as she adds “They point a crossbow at Lady Virtue’s face..”

“My poor lady Virtue, that must be weighing heavily on her. I hope I can alleviate some of her burden.”

“She did finally appoint a guard for her and her family.  Glaive, Falcata, and, um... somepony?  I don’t really know him that well.  Oh!  Glaive and Falcata had foals, too!  Two little alicorns!”  Flux smiles as he recalls that.  They were adorable foals, and served as a bit of a reminder that not all news was bad.

“Two little Alicorns.” She rubs her chin “They must be a terrible hoof full for the two of them. Do they know a good amount about Alicorn magic? Or how Alicorns fly?” she tilts her head to the side “Maybe I am worried over nothing. Falcata is a strong mare, I am sure she can handle the pressure.”

Kat nods and smiles at that. Agreeing “That, she is. I’m still amazed to this day that she gave birth to two Alicorns! I thought only Alicorns could give birth to Alicorns..”

“Common misconception. There are many with deep royal blood.”

both Kit and Kat oooh’s as they learned something new today.

The four ponies talked for a while, catching up with eachother and, in the case of Kit, getting to know a new friend as she got to know them. And all was well.

Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: May 07, 2012, 10:31:36 pm »

((many of these scenes happen days apart.))

((27th Slate of the year 161.))
Amor had a restless night after learning late that Jaxler nearly lost his life to a Badger-ponies’ blade during a duel with Flux’s apprentice. If it were not for learning of the Stallion’s stable heath, the mare would have visited him in the hospital sooner. Amber’s apartment was adjacent to Amor’s and the two met before trotting off to work but this morning was abnormal. The curly mane Little Pony gave her tools to her apprentice. “Amber, can you start on the mandates without me for an hour?”

The peach mane mare tilted her head from the statement. “Wait, I thought you already convene with the Count… Duchess” The Unicorn stumbled over the most recent change in Virtue’s title before continuing. “Like thirteen days ago. You have another appointment?” The two begin walking out of the tenements.

The legendary mason pony looks towards Amber and enlightens the younger mare. “I am not seeing Lady Virtue today; a friend of mine has been in the hospital from yesterday afternoon and only now I’m getting the chance to see him.” Amor huffs at the thought of finding out as late as she did. Her comment left Amber a little confused as to why her Master had so many friends of the opposite gender, mostly from Amor’s near-absence of friends altogether. The two Unicorns start to go their separate ways for now, and the copper mane pony walks up to the Hospital and is unsure of herself. After a moment, she opens the door and proceeds in but stopped by a sleepy-eyed slate grey coated and scarlet mane Pegasus mare. The two Little Ponies exchanged dialog and Amor makes her way to Jaxler. One doctor is not enough here… and Jaxler might be in here for two months or more. Amor gets to Jaxler’s ‘room’ divided with folding highwood partitions; only to find the Stallion unconscious. She sits down in front the dark colored stallion and is unsure of how to wake him, so she sits there in silence for a few minutes until Jaxler wakes up.

Jaxler woke up. He had an unfamiliar lack of pain in his forehead but he still didn’t remember much of last night. All the stallion knew was that he had his chest carved up by a doctor in emergency surgery, and after that his memory got fuzzy. The pegasus scanned the room around him and saw a familiar mare. “umm… Oh, hay Amor.”

Amor beamed the Pegasus a smile before talking with her voice lower as not to disturb Panacea. “Good morning, Jaxler.” She looks at the cloth sashes holding freshly changed dressing on the Little Pony’s chest and worries come to the surface of her mind but she brushed them away. “How are you feeling?”

Jaxler shrugged, which hurt a lot more than he expected “Well, I’ve been worse.” Jaxler was pleasantly surprised to be greeted by Amor when he woke up. He honestly didn’t like the idea of ponies worrying about him but knowing that somepony would actually care about his wellbeing was a pleasant thought. “So… how long have you been waiting there?”

Watching Jaxler shrug, the mare had to keep herself from cringing in sympathy pains. At the stallion’s question she places her hoof before her snout in thought and places it back after a moment. “Thirteen minutes by my count, so not that long.”

“Well, I’d hate to keep you waiting.” Jaxler was starting to get annoyed by the wound in his chest. The pain from that shrug actually was still lingering, but it wasn’t more than Jaxler could handle. “So, what exactly were you told about me ending up in here?”

The Pegasus’s pain was perceived by the mason-pony and she contemplates methods to remedy the cause of discomfort as he talked. Maybe hash oil mixed with honey, no. Poppy or willow tree bark infusion? …I am no doctor and Panacea may have already gave him something for pain. “The wait was of no consequence and I believe my apprentice would enjoy my temporary absent. Best not to hold their hooves and let them become accustomed to living under their ‘Old Master’s’ shadow along all their lives.” A small hint of displeasure is laced in the Unicorn’s voice but she changes her tone to a better one and pretends not to know who Granite is in answering Jaxler‘s question. “You were dueling Obsidian… Slade or was it Granite? Also is this stallion your apprentice; that of your smithy friend, Flux or both? And where does the badger-pony comes in at, was it all anecdotic, made to save grace from being beaten up by a younger Pony or that none could believe… Granite could do this?” She motions to the stallion’s chest wound

Jaxler really didn’t like the mention of him being beaten by Granite, but figured he could explain what happened. “Well, flux is training Granite to be a furnace operator and I’m training Granite how to fight. Yes Granite beat me in a sparring match once, but I underestimated the little pony. I was having a rematch with Granite yesterday. I won the sparring match with a knockout when a badger pony jumped out a bush and stuck a knife in my chest, hitting my lung. I put a bolt in the thief’s leg when Granite phased back into consciousness and killed the thing. Granite dragged me over here to the hospital. Panacea had to do emergency surgery without any anesthesia.”

Hearing out the Pegasus, Amor senses a trace of irritation in his voice. She was not happy with hearing about the death but as long as it was in self-defense, her qualms ended there. “Panacea is quite the healer and I’m relieved that Granite and you are still alive. Also Flux and you are very lucky to have an apprentice such as him.”

Jaxler shrugged again, even though it hurt horribly to do so. “Yeah, Granite’s a pretty good apprentice. Though, I’ve always kinda been a mentor for the foa… young stallion. After the day I saved him from a snatcher he’s seemed to looked up to me.”  Jaxler then looks over to his crossbow. “It seems like whenever he has a problem I’m the one he talks to.”

This time Amor must flinch slightly at the sight of Jaxler shrugging through the pain but recovers as she voices nonchalantly. “Yes, I am happy that you found a student such as him. Amber and I have a similar relationship but…” Her tone becomes more worried at the end.

Jaxler tilted his head a bit in confusion. “But what?”

Biting her lower lip she continues. “Amber is extremely different from me and we scarcely have any relationship outside of work and helping her adjust to life without magic… that may be normal but she makes it difficult. Amber does not like to open up, does the first thing that comes to her mind and likes to do things only by her terms.” She huffs and moves to another topic. “Jaxler, sorry I am here for you, not the other way around.” The mare starts to clicks her tongue on the palate of her mouth.

Jaxler looks concerningly at Amor. Jaxler really didn’t know much about having or being an apprentice but figured he could at least try to help. “It’s fine, it’s not like I haven’t been in the hospital before.  I’d say that you might want to try to spend some time with her aside from work or helping her with her lack of magic. Maybe try to have a dinner as friends or something. though I really wouldn’t know much about being an apprentice on account that I never was one.”

“I have had lunch with her before and at times dinner if Indigo’s time does not align with mine but the mare prefers to be alone much more after that. Mostly, I am worried that she still blames herself for the pier falling.” Amor said sorrowfully.

“That’s horrible.” Jaxler really didn’t know what to say or how to fix the situation. “If that’s the case then I really don’t know what you should do aside from being supportive.” The stallion really wished he could help.

Amor sighs and reflects for a moment. “Thank you Jaxler, for your worry and I’m trying to be accommodating for Amber but I might not be enough.” She contemplated her next move before speaking. “I believe in the last batch of migrants we received was a frontier psychologist but I would like to speak with such a pony before referencing them.”

Jaxler knew who she was talking about. He had the pleasure of sharing a conversation with the pony a while back. “Are you talking about Silver Tongue? Last i checked he was a counselor not a psychologist.”

The mare pauses, shuffling on her hooves a bit pondering about Silver Tongue, only pony she known of ahead of time was Judge Jury. Even if this counselor did not learn his mind-craft from a college, he might still be useful. “Tell me about Silver Tongue, if you have any more information on him?”

Jaxler put his hoof up to his chin and pondered for a moment. “He’s a nice guy. From what I know he’s going to try to get an office built for him. Though I haven’t really the slightest clue how good he is at his job”

Huffing the mare gets up from off her docks and stretches. “I will make an appointment with him and find out more myself. Thank you, Jaxler” Amor said before sitting down once more and now wondered how Jaxler was so skilled without learning his craft from somepony. “So where did you pick up your skills if not from another pony?”

“Well um…” Jaxler took some time to think of a way to explain how he learned his skills without giving away much about his past “Well, I learned how to fight after being taken in by my Grandfather. We lived in the slums and I was a sickly foal. I constantly got beat up and mugged. I eventually learned to copy the attacks of those who would hurt me. I ended up winning my first fight by slamming a lead pipe into a mugger’s kidney. I learned how to be a markspony by trial and error and I learned how to be a woodcrafter by whittling bolts for myself.”

Usually the two ponies spoke only of their days living in Dawnpick and the rare remark of Amor’s past. The metallic colored Unicorn paid extra attention to Jaxler’s past as he tells; she sympathizes from experience his life in the slums and holds interest in the Stallion’s grandfather who raised him. “I lived about five years of my youth in the slums so I can imagine your experience. Now how about your grandfather, he must have been a good sort to nurture such a good pony as yourself.”

“My Grandfather was by all means the pure embodiment of pity. The sad stallion lost his wings and his ability to use his hind legs in the alicorn-pegasus wars. He raised me after my family got whipped out by the white plague. The only reason the pony didn’t kill himself was because he honestly didn’t want to leave me alone in this world. Of course nopony would hire an old crippled pony so I had to support us. The city had laws against foal labor so I was forced into a line of ‘less than legal work’ but that was better than being sent off to the death camp we call an orphanage. The man always felt horrible that he couldn’t support me and that I had to do what I had to to survive... Though, regardless of all the downsides of living with the guy, it was worth it. He always managed to help me with my problems. He laid the groundwork that created my opinions and ideals. All the good things about me are in some part thanks to him.”

Amor sets there contently and held to every word the Pegasus uttered but a small amount of regret rose up in her. Because of her Old Master, the mare known of the white plague, the victims had their nervous system wrecked by a parasite. The namesake of the plague came from seizures; white light was all they saw during the convulsions. “I’m happy that you had such an influential pony in your life and dismayed that you had such a hard life but… maybe it was all for the best. I understand it that you would not have became the pony you are today without all you have been subjected too.” She smiles at Jaxler with the hopes that her comment is taken as she meant it. “And that ‘less than legal work’ is all in the past, we all done regrettable things and bound to make more mistakes in the future.” The copper coat mare keeps from looking away in shame and keeps her focus on Jaxler.

Jaxler gazed back over to his crossbow. “I really doubt that being the pony I am today is a good thing.” Jaxler honestly felt like he was being distrustful to Amor. The pony really hadn’t seen much of his dark side. He thought that if Amor had even the slightest glimpse of Jaxler’s belligerent self she’d probably avoid the pony altogether.

The stallion struck a nerve in the mason-pony and her ears draw back. Her voice raised barely under room level as she talked but her words became more stressed as she continued. “You are a good pony, Jaxler. You saved Granite; you were in the guard, now in the service of the reserves and most of all my friend. Same as Indigo who spends much of his waking hours laboring at any job he is needed at and cares enough to contemplates ways to make Dawnpick more efficient. Jaxler you are a good pony.” She stands up ready to leave with watery eyes and whispers. “Your past is all you need for punishment and lessons; you’re present to make the right actions and your future to move past all the wrong.” She attempts to leave in a near trot doing very well in keeping the tears back.

Jaxler hated it when others worried about them, and Amor was doing just that. Even worse she was about to cry because of something he said. Jaxler knew that for one reason or another he probably wasn’t going to see himself turn 90 and he didn’t want to see others be hurt because of him. “Amor, I don’t like it when ponies worry about me.”

The stallion was not helping his case with the mare and at the foot the injured pony’s bed she turns to face him. “What are friends for if not to worry about each other; Jaxler you can not decide how others feel. Only they can…” Amor was lost; the two were akin to foals arguing about things they had no need to argue about. Why does he show such belligerence when others worry for him. Thinking as she sits back down and sighing before beginning again. “Jaxler, if you want to stop worrying ponies then cease talking like that. You have done nothing for me to claim that you as a bad pony.” The Unicorn looks to the ground for a moment before returning her gaze to Jaxler. “So why do you insist in doubting yourself.” I pale in comparison to how good everypony here is.

Jaxler was speechless for a moment. The pony really hated that question. “Why do I doubt myself? WELL I’m used to seeing things that I care about catch fire around me and being one hundred percent incapable of doing a thing about it. I don’t bucking doubt myself because I know I’m going to fail. I mean, I probably don’t even have another ten years on this earth and I’m a bucking drunken mess that’s freakin’ unstable to keep a bucking job. My only real value to this town was being a meat shield for any dumb sod who ended up in danger and turns out that apparently too bucked up to do that.”

The reality of the matter dawned on her that this was not the time or place to be arguing and she calms down. “Sorry, Jaxler but you are still here and so is Dawnpick; you are here still and long to care. Wise mares never sit and wail their loss, but cheerily seek how to redress their wrongs. Nothing is lost until you give up, Jaxler. If you doubt the fate you choose for yourself then you either chose wrong or looking blindly.” She said looking towards the dark colored stallion with her head half tilt.

Jaxler diverted his eyes from Amor to his crossbow. The pony’s words were more like razors then assistance. “How many ponies do you think regret the moment they saved their own life?” The tone in Jaxler’s voice was somber.

Grief tears his heart, and drives him to and fro, in all the raging impotence of woe. She thinks to herself as she answers the Little Ponies question. “Likely as many that have regretted getting their own life saved by another… and in my case in regretting that another had to die to save mine. You are the one that told me the greatest gift was to die for another…” The mare ponders quickly in a notable pause. “and that means that saving a life is a gift good as any. You are being disrespectful to your own culture Jaxler, in renouncing your own gift.” She slams her hooves into the floorboards as she finishes her statement.

Amor’s mention of his culture made Jaxler even more somber. “My culture is dead.” Jaxler then redirected his eyes back to Amor.

One thing that the mare hated was hearing another in what she considered a lie. “Jaxler that is a lie; you are a product of your culture, as long as you draw breath, that culture lives on. Once you told me what you believe in, then turn around now and say it was dead…” She stopped before labeling him a hypocrite when it clicks in her mind that the Pegasus said not what he believed in but what his home culture believed in. She cased him from her sight and preferred staring at the floor, with her habit of tongue clicking near audible from her closed mouth.

How could somepony say Jaxler was a liar? Jaxler hadn’t told a lie in years and now to have somepony accuse him of being a liar. “My culture, Is dead. I abandoned or forgot most of my culture over the last three decades years. I don’t know my first language any more, I don’t practice our religion and the only tradition I still follow is treating my weapon like a companion. I’ve forgotten our holidays and you know what? That’s what happens when you haven’t seen or heard from another member of your culture in over 25 years.”

The curly mane mare understood or simply could imagine comprehending but even then she was confused. Worse still is that she once more forgot her place and it was coming back to her. The metallic Unicorn returned to Jaxler’s bedside. “Sorry Jaxler… where did we get off on the wrong hoof?” She said looking away still not able to face him.

Amor seemed remorseful now. Jaxler hadn’t intended on being harsh to the mare. “I’m sorry for not shutting my yap.” He then looked away from Amor before continuing. “I’m sorry for being a jerk.” The pony then let out a little sigh.

Hearing the apology she turns to lock eyes but was crestfallen to find him looking away and she huffs. “Jaxler, we were both in the wrong and this is neither the time nor place for such discussions. I forgive you for being a jerk if I’m forgiven too.” The mare realizes she had overstayed and before leaving she says her goodbyes. “I plan to see you again but desire you healthy Jaxler, so I don’t have to visit you in here.” She slowly begins to walk away, wearing a emotional fatigue.

=======================================================================================================

Jaxler woke up. He was in a hospital bed and was rather irritated about the lack of booze. He knew that Flux would probably come later in the day with some booze, but Jaxler still had his doubts, but right now that was the least of his worries. Last he remembered today was supposed to be the day he met up with Kit. Jaxler really didn’t want to see another pony dislike him. Jaxler was about groaned at the thought, but was cut short when he noticed a pony walking into the hospital.

Kit walked into the hospital with worried looks on her face. Looking around quickly until she finds the black-coated Pony, she trots a little over to him “Jaxler! I heard what happened.. are you okay? well.. I mean, besides being in the hospital I mean..” she asked worryingly.

Jaxler sighed “I’m fine and I’d also like to say I’m sorry I couldn’t show up our date...”

“Oh, about that? It’s okay. We can move it to another time when you’re all well and healthy again.” Kit said with a smile

Jaxler smiled back “Great... So, what exactly did you hear about me?”

“Well.. that you’re in the hospital. Again.” Kit answered worringly “what happened?”

“I training with Granite. Now Granite got knocked out  when I heard some an insidious Rustling coming from a nearby bush. I walked over and inspected the shrubbery when suddenly a badger pony jumped out and stuck a dagger in my chest, piercing my lung. I shot my crossbow at the badger pony in hopes of protecting Granite, but I was so shocked by the blade slicing my chest that I missed and only hit the guys leg. Granite got up and killed the badger and rushed me over here. Panacea had to do emergency surgery without any anesthesia...”

Kit eeps and flops her ears a little from that “does it.. Hurts a lot? to get stabbed?”

“I think it does. I’m not a very good at judging things like pain.”

“Well, Atleast you’re still alive and haven’t died yet.”

“Yeah, I guess, But i probably should have blocked that knife with my wing.”

“But getting hit on the wing hurts the most!”

“yes it does, but one can live without their wing and I don’t really care much about pain. Also if I had been hit in the wing all I would have needed was a few stitches, not emergency surgery ”

“well.. you could’ve passed out from the pain you get on the wings... And when you pass out, you’d get killed easily..”

Jaxler thought for a moment, trying to think of a way to explain his position to Kit. “I have a really, high pain tolerance, and I also don’t feel as much pain as other ponies, so I doubt I would pass out.”

“Oh.. well.. That’s.. um, good? right?” Kit asked, unsure if it’s a good or a bad thing to have high pain tolerance.

“It usually is.”

Kit nods as she sits down next to his bed. smiling “Well I’m glad you’re okay then.”

“Me too. ya know, it’s kinda nice to have somepony show up today.”

“Well of course! you’re wounded, why wouldn’t somepony show up?”

“Meh, I guess somepony are jerks”

Kit frown slightly at that. “well.. have.. um, other ponies showed up yet?”

Jaxler smiled a little bit “well, yeah. Flux showed up earlier.”

Kit smiles at that “Oh? hehe. He’s such a kind stallion isn’t he?”

“Yeah, he’s probably the nicest guy I know, he actually paid to have my crossbow repaired.”

“Aww... That’s sweet of him! and it must be really expensive..”

“Yep, he even made the Adamantine studs.”

“hehe, He really must be something isn’t he?” Kit said with a smile, a little sigh escapes her.

“Yeah, ever since saved him from a flock of cave swallows and a cave ogre he’s been nothing but kind to me.”

“I don’t think he’s ever been anything but kind to everypony..”

“I spose’ he has.”

Kit beams Jaxler another smile as she stands up again. “Well, I hope you recover quickly Jaxler. Is there anything I can do for you while you’re still here?”

“I’m fine, Thank you.”

“Okay then. Be seeing you!” Kit chirped again with a wave before leaving Jaxler there once again..

“Good bye Kit”

========================================================================================================

Jaxler was dying of boredom. The pain in his chest was annoying, the lack of booze was horrendous. All jaxler wanted to do was walk out of the hospital and get smashed. Jaxler sat up in the bed as best he could, looking for something entertaining when he saw two stallions walk in.

“Hey Jaxler,” Partisan spoke first. He hadn't really talked to him since his arrest, and he still had yet to thank him for jumping in when the Cyclops came.
“Glad to see that you have gotten better. And sorry for taking so long to come by. I have been. . .” His words trailed off as his eyes seemed to look past the physical world, “busy.”

Midnight ran a hoof against his hood, bringing the cloth back to show his face, and a soft smile. “Sorry I didn’t come sooner, how are you doing?”

Jaxler cringed a little bit when Partisan talked. “Yeah...” He then diverted his attention to Midnight. “I’ve been worse.”

“Well, I hope you get better, quick.” Midnight says, before he starts looking around for a spot to sit.

“Have you gotten anything to drink yet?” Partisan asked as he snapped back into the now.

Jaxler snapped his head over to partisan. Jaxler still had a grudge with Partisan, but he wouldn’t let that stop him from getting any booze. “I haven’t had any booze in a while”

“Good. I was hoping for a different situation to give you this, but this will have to do.” Partisan placed a small jug next to Jaxler and stood back. He was never really good with hospital visits, mostly because he rarely had to make them.
“I came here for more personal that official reasons, but, it can wait until later. Do you think you will be back on your feet soon?”

Jaxler started to drink the jug before replying. “It could be six weeks before I get out of here, given I don’t get any complications and if i do get complications from my injury who knows. I might not walk out of here at all.”

Midnight holds back a gulp as he hears Jaxler speak, he keeps from showing any sign of worry he might have. “You seem to be healing up well so far, so I doubt you’ll need to worry too much on the chance for something like that to happen.” He says with a reassuring smile.

Partisan’s reply was simple. “Midnight’s right.”

Jaxler sighed. “It’s fine. Fear is something that really doesn’t bother me much anymore.” Jaxler then downed the jug of booze.

“Just because you don't fear it, doesn’t mean it's something you're not worried about.” He said, slightly mentioning another issue that he could not fully due to present company.
“Or that it isn’t the concern of others. Which reminds me. I am going to have to take that jug when you are done. I can’t afford Jury getting a whiff of what I have done for you, for more reasons than one.”

“Please, don’t worry about me, and also for the love of god, please don’t remind me of that annoying sod, Jury. That prideful jerk just rubs me the wrong way.”

Midnight simply nods as he listens, taking a mental note about talking about Jury, and who not to do it in front of.

Partisan just shifts uncomfortably. “Please do not refer to her like that. I admit she can be very difficult at times, but she does have some redeeming qualities.”

Jaxler gave partisan a disapproving look “Oh really? please enlighten me. What are these redeeming qualities?”

Midnight watches the two as worry starts to fill his mind. He raises a hoof as he considers stopping the two, though he decides to see if they can talk it out. Midnight setting his hoof down as he continues to listen.

Partisan opened his mouth to say the first thing that came to mind, but closed it quickly. Embarrassed at what it was, his hoof kicks up a bit of dust as he rubs the ground roughly.
“Just know that she has them. I am not in the position to say what they are, but they are there.” Coughing nervously, Partisan tried to change the subject to something a little more tame.
“How was the training with Indigo’s squad going? Show off your strength yet?”

“Well, Indigo is annoying and up tight but it isn’t all bad. He’s starting having the other members of the unit spar with me as a way to toughen em’ up.”

Midnight holds back a relieved sigh as he sees them changing subjects. Though otherwise he doesn’t make any responses.

Partisan laughed at the mental image it gave him. “Full on contact like we use to do?”

Jaxler sighed “Yeah, but it would be a lot more enjoyable if I didn’t have to hold back when I’m fighting the recruits. If i actually didn’t hold back when I spar with them I’d probably end up killing one of them.”

“I don’t think that would be possible with sparring, unless you use real weapons that is.”

“Jaxler nearly broke my snout when he bucked me. And I know he was really holding back on that one.” Partisan replied.

“Oh? Impressive, and dangerous for sparring. Do be careful not to kill any recruits. Or maim them.”

“I can smash a pony’s head in with a single punch if I’m pissed off enough.”

“That’s... Interesting, um. I’ll make sure not to make you angry.” He says with a hint of nervousness.

Partisan laughed again. “Thats not that hard, actually. Just give him his space when he needs it and treat him with a measure of respect.” As he finished his sentence his eyes became as big as saucers.
“Oh crap. I needed to finish moving in the rest of the furniture.”

“Hmm? If you would like, I could try and help you with the moving.”

“Errr. . . .  Midnight, I don't think that would be necessary.” he said in a calm panic that only trained military and noble ponies would pick up on. “I will take my leave, but, Jaxler. . . “ He left the sentence to float in the air, half finished. “I wanted to ask you if you wanted to come back to the Guard, but it seems you are needed more where you are.” With that, he took the empty jug and left.

Jaxler paused for a moment speechless. He honestly would love nothing more than to drop the reserve and rejoin the guard. He had no regrets in leaving the guard but actually knowing that he was wanted back was a surprised. The stallion needed to think about this.

Midnight smiled a little. “Wow, they wanted you back. That’s wonderful, do you think you can get the position? Or are you happy with the reserves?”

“I don’t know.”

Midnight nods. “I guess it is a big choice, certainly a surprise at the least. I should have guessed that you would need time to think on it. I can give you some peace, if you need it.”

Jaxler sighed “I think I do.”

Midnight gives another nod, before pulling his hood over his head. “I understand, it’s been a pleasure seeing you again, Jaxler. Get well soon, and. good luck if you join the guard. Otherwise I’ll hope not too many recruits are sent back here.” Midnight says, and with the same soft smile he came in with. he waves goodbye, and heads off.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 11:58:22 am by jaxler »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: May 07, 2012, 10:33:04 pm »

((PART TWO!!!))

Silver walks into the hospital, looking around for a moment. He asks Panacea a question, then walks towards one of the rooms. He opens the door to find his ol’ philosophical questions buddy in a hospital bed. He waves slightly and says to him quietly, “Hey Jaxler.”

“OH, hay there Silver"”

“You alright? I heard you were wounded.”

“I’ve been worse.”

“Still, being laid up in a hospital bed with a hole in your lung is far from good. Judging by the fact you’re awake and alive, you’re probably going to live, I’d think. How soon do they think you’ll recover?”

“I’ll probably be here about another six weeks, that is of course unless I get any complications”

“I hope it doesn’t come to that. Is there anything I can bring you?”

“BOOZE, Lots and lots of booze!”

“I could probably get some in. Any requests on what kind?”

“The strongest booze you can manage to find. Also make sure Panacea doesn’t see you come in with it.”

“I don’t know that it’s quite healthy to dilute your blood with quite that much alcohol. I’m no doctor, but I think something moderately strong would be good. Maybe... 40 proof? I can probably see about reserving something stronger for when you get out.”

“I can drink three barrels of 190 proof  moonshine on an off night. Bring me some 150 proof.”

“I’m pretty sure that alcohol content in your blood would literally kill every invading disease, so you could never ever be sick on that much alcohol. Of course, it would probably also kill most people. How do you drink three barrels of 190 proof moonshine on a good night, much less an off-night?”

“I have a high alcohol tolerance. I really have been drinking for a while.”

“150 proof is still *really* high for hospital fare. I will admit that being cooped up there for six more weeks would be bad, but 150 proof would probably not be very good for you right now. Settle for... 100 proof? That’s about standard heavy alcohol, rather than disinfectant alcohol.”

“Fine...”

“Now would come the matter of getting it to you. If you can move around, I could pass a bucket in the window to you, or if you can’t I could probably bring a mug in occasionally. If I could find a lidded bucket or a small barrel I might be able to pass that through the window without someone to catch it.”

“if you would give me a waterskin full of booze that would be nice.”

“That could work. So I guess I’ll start bringing them tomorrow, then?”

“sure... So how have you been?”

“Generally pretty good, I’ve gotten a workplace now and I have some ideas for getting word out.”

“That’s good. How do you like your new office?”

“It’s quite nice. It’s cozy and far enough from the general mingling locations I think ponies would feel fine talking about what they needed to talk about, rather than fear eavesdroppers.”

“So how do you plan on getting the word out?”

“I’m thinking a poster at the meeting hall or something, as well as one at my home’s door, then using my home as a reception room. That way, I can be in a fairly public place and then, when needed, traverse to the office.”

“That sounds smart. What exactly do you con console ponies on ,though?

“Whatever they need consoling on. Some things, though, are well above what I know to deal with, major psychological trauma and the like, but I suppose here there won’t be anyone qualified to deal with that, so I’ll end up picking that up too.”

“Psychological trauma, you mean like loonies?”

“Sort of. More like those who have seen something that would break most, but haven’t broken. Somepony who was victim to brutal torture, stuff like that. That’s what I mean, major psychological trauma.”

Jaxler’s eyes widen. “If that’s the case then I should be about stark raving mad by now”

“I don’t mean they go insane. What I mean is that they often do not function at a level society deems as normal. The things they’ve seen, the scars they have, often show up in ways more subtle than lunacy. It may be a word, or a species, or what-have-you, but often it’s something that triggers old wounds. About you though... To me, it just seems you deal with it with very
rampant alcoholism,” says Silver in a joking tone, a smirk crossing his face.

“well, booze does make things a lot easier.”

“I have no doubt, it is powerful at keeping things away. Unfortunately, it can also be a powerful thing to let slip things you don’t want to. To be honest though, you really don’t seem like the kind of fellow who’s had major psychological trauma to me, but I probably just haven’t seen enough. You bear it well, if it has happened, and I mean no offense by that.”

“Meh, I’ve had 29 years.”

Silver sits quietly, not quite knowing what to say to that.

“Aye, are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just not sure what, if anything, to say to that.”

“So, what’s it like being a counselor?”

“I listen to ponies’s problems all day, then find a way to solve them. Often, an outsider’s perspective and my knowledge is all I need, but sometimes it helps to look around myself, of course though, with the client’s permission.”

“So, does listening to others all day ever get annoying?”

“Sometimes. At those times though, I just remind myself that there are those who truly do need my help, rather than just coming to me to blather on about dinner parties and masquerades,” Silver jokes, once more smiling.

“Yeah, I guess you must really enjoy your job.”

“Yeah, helping others is a noble cause, no matter how you do it. And, uh... Speaking of my job, I should probably start putting up those posters. Not getting done any faster sitting here, though it was nice to talk with you. Hope you get better sooner rather than later.”

“See you later.”

========================================================================================================

Jaxler was laying in a hospital bed. The lack of booze he had been given over the last couple days was, along with the pain in his chest was keeping him from getting much sleep. All Jaxler could honestly do was think. For him there were few things in the world to think about, and the last thing the stallion should ever be allowed to do is think freely with a sober mind. The world around him was depressing and his own thoughts were of hate, confusion, worry and an entire plethora of emotions, most of which caused the already injured pony more pain. Four days without booze can really mess with one’s mind. Jaxler then noticed a pony walk into the hospital. As far as Jaxler was concerned he really hoped that the mare could distract him from his depressing thoughts.

Jury swishes through the doors, her stride purposeful and head held high. While the town's medical matters are nothing to do with her field of work and are therefore very much outside her jurisdiction, she still struts in as if she owns the place, magically whipping her quill and parchment from her bag as always.
One ward, primitive screening facilities...little privacy. Substandard medical equipment... Jury prods a traction bench with a forehoof, grimacing at the ramshackle nature of the device. She'd rather endure the pain of a broken limb than be trussed up in that thing; it looks more like an instrument of torture than a healing device. The prone form of Jaxler a few beds over goes unnoticed by her as she busies herself with noting things down and tutting disapprovingly.

Jaxler didn’t exactly know why the strange mare was prodding the medical equipment, but he sure as hell wanted to find out. “What the hell are you doing with the traction table?” said Jaxler with a hint of annoyance on his voice.

"Have you nothing better to do than ask questions to somepony clearly more important than yourself? Perhaps a bit of moaning in pain or feeling sorry for yourself?" retorts Jury, taking an instant dislike to the injured pegasus on account of his rude tone. Wounded ponies always annoyed her; all that moping around in bed when they should be focusing on getting back on their hooves as quickly as possible. This one doesn't even look that badly hurt, she thinks, glaring at him.

Jaxler’s face hardened. Off all the things Jaxler hated in the world, pridefulness was by far at the top of the list, and what kind of stupid pony would even think of saying something disrespectful to Jaxler. The pony had a reputation for putting dents in the head’s of ponies who treat him badly. “More important? What in the hell do you do in this fort anyways Jury? This fort has no thieves, murderers, or anything. All you’re going to end up doing is sitting around draining Dawnpick’s food supplies, or look for little tiny problems for you to blow out of proportion” said Jaxler mockingly.

"The simple fact that I was assigned here in the first place should tell you that my presence here is most certainly required," hisses Jury, turning to face Jaxler with a furious expression. "Unless you would call the judgement of the King himself into question? In any case, forgive me if I do not take the opinion of a drunken wastrel with any real credence! Myself and Partisan are doing a vital job in organising the legal documents of this town, not that I would expect a substandard intelligence such as yourself to understand that!"

Jaxler was having fun now. Jury obviously was pissed and Jaxler loved few things more than pissing off those who he didn’t like. “WhOOoooOOOAAaaaAWwwWW, you’re telling me that you’ve been pushing papers. WELL, GOOD GOSH you must do an amazingly important job. I mean, clearly organizing papers all day makes you WAY more important a drunken foal who only saves ponies lives and actually does work. I mean If I wasn’t here 3 ponies would be dead, but again if you weren’t here Partisan wouldn’t have a little helper to assist on the organizing of papers… You must be a real inspiration to us all” The amount of sarcasm in Jaxler’s voice was almost overshadowed by the amusement he was getting from Jury’s rage.

"I doubt that very much; judging by your file the only difference if you weren't here would be that Dawnpick's annual alcohol consumption would plummet," ripostes Jury scathingly. "You are a good-for-nothing lout and a drunken thug, not even worth the medical supplies Panacea is using to treat you. The only work you ever do, by my reckoning, involves pickling your liver with gallons of beer and falling unconscious under the nearest tree."

That was a low blow, but Jaxler really intended to return the favor “Well then I guess that means that all I do is single hoofedly support our booze industry. Also Have you ever wondered why the king would send you to a little crimeless town in the middle of nowhere? Maybe he wanted somepony as annoying and unpleasant as yourself to go away from his regally fat ass.”

Internally, Jury seethes with rage, but she clamps down on it with her trademark iron control. "Crimeless, is it? I say again; whatever your alcohol-addled little brain may think, there is no way I would have been assigned to this town as its judge without good reason. The courts of Coupledye are far beyond any petty dislikes such as you describe, not that you would understand, of course." Jury sniffs dismissively at Jaxler, putting her most haughty expression on as she does so.

Jaxler gets the most mocking smile he can muster. “WELL yep. Of course an ignorant little pony like myself can’t possibly comprehend the big important inner workings of the kingdom and should leave all the thinking in the world up to uptight mindless ponies like yourself and the great king. though of course it’s not like you haft to think either when the king already does it for you!” said Jaxler with an even more mocking tone in his voice.

Pushed over the edge and apoplectic with fury, Jury nevertheless composes herself and crosses the room, deliberately ignoring Jaxler as she flings a cabinet door open, beginning an inspection of the hospital's supplies in cold silence.

Jaxler gets the world’s biggest smile on his face. He hadn’t had this much fun in a while. “OH GOSH I guess that means I win! GOOD GAME MADAM!” Said Jaxler with the most annoying tone any pony could ever dream of speaking with

She smirks to herself, finding Jaxler's immaturity more funny than annoying. Let him "win" his little argument; a pony as debased as him will find his way under my judgement some day, and then we'll see who's the "winner". She'd always loved sentencing ponies, the bigger the punishment, the better it was. Hopefully the disgusting drunkard would commit something serious, so that she could spend many pleasant evenings visiting him in his cell.
Jury slams the cabinet doors shut, having completed her examination. With happy thoughts involving Partisan arresting Jaxler and herself sentencing him to a nice long jail term bringing the tiniest of malicious smiles to her face, she stalks out of the hospital imperiously and without a word, too dignified to leave with a parting shot.

ZeroInfinity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: May 07, 2012, 10:36:43 pm »

(( This takes place before Silver's scene with Jaxler, though I don't know exactly how long before ))

Stiletto trotted about the roads of Dawnpick. Her helmet was off, to let the wind blow through her mane, her blacksteel battle armor glistening in the sunlight.

Silver Tongue was passing by, then did a double-take at the monolithic alicorn. Judging by what rumors he had heard, it would be best if he could verify them so he could properly treat them in a professional way. He slowly began to trot towards the alicorn.

Stiletto regarded Silver Tongue as he walked toward her, she lifted a heavily armored hoof and waved “Hello.” she said cheerfully.

Silver waved back. “Hello,” he said. “I haven’t seen you around before.” He ran a critical eye over the armor, wondering in no small amount why the alicorn was allowed to tromp in armored like a fortress.

“Stiletto Trus- LongShanks.” She says as she offers the Unicorn a hoof. “I have just returned to Dawnpick recently, but you were not here when I left, might I ask your name sir?”

“Silver Tongue,” he replied. “Why did you leave? Most people seem to love this town.”

“I had things to take care of back in my homelend. When did you arrive here Mr. Silver Tongue?”

“Nineteenth Sandstone, some time ago now. I quite like it here, nice and calm, though I wish business was slightly less stagnant.”

“Oh, what business are you in Mr. Silver tongue?”

“Counseling. I know there are troubles, it is often all-too-common in frontier towns. However, I am not yet more than a stranger in most ponies’s eyes, and an outsider cannot help. ‘You can only help he who wants to be helped himself,’ and ponies do not want help from someone they do not know. It’s that awkward stage where a business built on ponies cannot sustain itself, for ponies have not come to sustain it.”

Stiletto nods her head “An awful place to be in. There are quite a few troubled ponies around though, maybe you should try putting up an add in the dining hall, or offer your talents to the guard, they have many things to worry about.”

“I could put up something in the dining hall, but without the permission of Duchess Virtue, I fear that may be illegal. She already was kind enough to get me an office built, and I don’t want to be too much of a bother yet. Still, you may have a point, about that and the guards. I’m not sure what help I could be with any serious battle trauma or post-traumatic disorders, though.”

“Wounds from battle leave physical scars that remind you of the mental ones. Talking about those can help sometimes. “ Stiletto hooves at the ground “Perhaps you could place a sign on your door?”

“Believe me, I have. However, the very point of an office was to be somewhat out-of-sight, so as to let people speak without fear of their fellow villagers hearing. That very thing, though, keeps it out of sight of clients as well,” says Silver, shrugging afterward.

Stiletto rubs her chin and thinks for a moment “Maybe you could have a reception office and separate room for the actual counseling.”

“And perhaps rather than ask Virtue to set up a whole other reception building, I could use my home, conveniently located next to other homes. That might work.” He nods in thanks, a smile on his face.

“There is also this building on the edge of town, no one knows what it is for. You could probably use it.” She mused “Though your house might be more private and familiar.”

“On the edge of town, eh? It might be a good spot for a counseling room, but Virtue already had one built for me, and I’d feel downright mean if I let that effort go to waste. As a reception room, however, it’s a bit too remote. Thanks for telling me, though. It’s the thought that counts, right?”

“Thank you.” Stiletto smiles, then get a quizzical look on her face, she leans in and quietly asks “Has Lady Virtue asked for any counseling, she looks very tired these days.”

“Sorry, but I am not quite able to say whether any pony has or hasn’t come to me on business. Confidentiality, you must understand, is of the utmost importance when helping ponies through trying times.”

Raises her head and nods “Yes I understand, I apologize for asking but I am very worried about her you see.”

“I can sympathize with that, trying to ensure ponies are helped. It’s a good cause.”

“Indeed. Is there anything else at all I can do for you?”

“No, I just stopped to talk. Thanks for taking that time for me.”

Stiletto gives Silver a wave good bye and continues on her way.

Silver waves goodbye to Stiletto as she walks away, then continues on his way as well.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: May 07, 2012, 10:54:23 pm »

Jaxler finally got out of the hospital with a new scar on his chest. His time spent in there wasn't a total waste, he'd much rather sit in a bed all day as apposed to wood working and all the ponies checking up on him was pleasant. But regardless Jaxler had a appointment he had to make. Kit was apparently going to teach him how to fly better. The stallion never really liked (or was very good at) flying and hated the very idea of getting a few meters off the ground, but Kit offered her assistance and he wasn't going to say no to such a pleasant mare. So, Jaxler looked around and spotted the pony he was looking for off in the distance. Jaxler walked over to kit before speaking. "Aye, Kit!"
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 02:39:21 pm by jaxler »

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: May 07, 2012, 10:59:45 pm »

Kit perk her ear and twitches it lightly as she heard her name being called, turning around to see Jaxler walking over, She gives him a quick wave and beaming him a smile so cheerful that it could make a grumpy pony sick. "Hello Jaxler!" she chirped. "You're here on time today! Ready for your lesson?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: May 07, 2012, 11:01:35 pm »

Jaxler gave a nervous smile. "Um... sure..."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: May 07, 2012, 11:09:42 pm »

Kit nods and smiles, Spreading her wings out to give it a few flaps.. It's this moment that Jaxler notice that, for a small mare such as her, she sure have a pretty big wings! "Let's fly onto a cloud and try gliding shall we? It's easy, simple and fun!" Kit chirped out again with cheerfulness of a thousand suns.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: May 07, 2012, 11:17:42 pm »

Jaxler still wasn't happy about flying. He sighed and said "yeah."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: May 07, 2012, 11:24:03 pm »

Kit continues to keep her smile before flying up.. and up.. high into the sky onto a patch of cloud. Waiting for Jaxler to also come up to her "And now.. We glide!" She said and push Jaxler off the cloud before jumping off aswell, wings spread but not flapping. Letting the wind takes her.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 239