Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236435 times)

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #3105 on: May 06, 2012, 12:43:37 am »

The heavy armor clad figure of Stiletto knocked softly on Virtue's door. The extra large amethyst Alicorn held her helmet off to the side with her magic.   

Storm Cloud answers the door. He's initially shocked to see an alicorn at all, much less Stiletto, much less garbed in such strange armor. "Stiletto?" he cautions.   

Stiletto nods "Yes it is me, It has been a long time, Storm Cloud, is Lady Virtue available to speak?"   

His mouth hangs agape for a moment before he recollects himself. "Oh, um, yes, she is. Come in."   

Stiletto follows Storm Cloud inside "Thank you."   

Virtue is busy looking into a stack of work orders as the two come inside. "What is it?" she asks in a weary tone before slowly looking up to Stiletto. Her exhausted eyes go wide as she sees the alicorn.   

Stiletto wanted to rush forward and take Virtue into her forelegs and wrap her wings around her tightly, but she controlled herself, Greeting Virtue with a friendly smile "Hello Lady Virtue. I have returned. On behalf of the Deutschmeiner, I offer your land my aid in arms."   

Virtue smiles broadly. "Stiletto! I'm glad to see you... how have you been? Has Glyph returned too?"   

Stiletto breaths in deeply "No, he is at home, with our daughter."   

"Your daughter?" She smiles a bit wider still. "Congratulations!" Then her face falls a bit. "...but I know you wish you could be with her..."   

Stiletto    "She is strong, she understands my obligations." She glances at the ground, "I would like to be with her though."   

Virtue nods understandingly. "I understand... I'm sorry." She thinks back to what Stiletto said and asks, "But... you said you've been sent by the Deutschmeiner? This is their decision, not just yours?"

Stiletto sighs "I made some political maneuvers to get myself assigned here. We send troops to any kingdom that needs defense. This means I am yours to command in the defense of your boarders, and you may send me home it you ever feel the need."

"I see..." Virtue responds. "If this does break into war... the Deutschmeiner could get caught up in a war with the rainbow coalition... are they willing to risk that? Or are they not officially getting involved?"

Stiletto "As long as you use us only in defense and do not become the aggressor, the council of princesses will back your kingdom. If somepony goes to war with our neighbors, we defend our neighbors."

"That's reassuring... we certainly won't be launching any attacks of our own. But what if Coupledye does?"

Stiletto "You will have choices, one, send me home. Two, ask me to leave the Deutschmeiner military proper and join your land as a mercenary. Three, secede from Coupledye and claim your own kingdom."

"I certainly couldn't ask you to leave their military, nor would I begin to consider seceding from Coupledye..." Her face grows more troubled at the mere thought of it. "Let... let us hope it doesn't come to that."

Stiletto shifts in her armor "Let us hope. Until then, what would you have me do?"

"Yes... let's." She thinks for a moment. "I... well, I suppose we'll need to get you situated again. Your old apartment is still available. And I'm sure Naginata would like to have you back under her."20:28

Stiletto nods "I will be nice to live in a familiar place again. I have a new weapon, will Naginata be alright with me using it?"

"I don't think so, but perhaps we should go speak to her? I'm sure she'll be happy to see you too."

"I know I would be glad to she her, and her herd. Has she had anymore little darlings since I left?"
Stiletto

"Yes, she had another colt this year named Espadon," she replies as she stands to lead Stiletto outside.

Stiletto stands to follow "May I ask how you have been on a personal level."

Virtue hangs her head slightly. It was tempting to tell her everything that had happened, but she decides it best to keep it mostly to herself. "I... I've been better. The upcoming war weighs heavily on everypony's minds."

Stiletto: "You can always lean on me Lady Virtue, I am her to share your burdens."

"Thank you, Stiletto." She was going to need as much support as she could get...

Stiletto moves close to Virtue and lifts one of her wings "You are welcome, any time." she says quietly

Virtue smiles and nods, continuing on to the barracks.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: May 06, 2012, 04:51:33 am »

and

Kit was having a wonderful evening in the dining hall, Just sitting there enjoying her dinner and drinks.. Of course it would’ve been better if she have ate Dinner with Kat and not alone, But her sister’s off with Flux again and she doesn’t mind that. Good day, Good food, good time, yep. It’s going to be a good night.

Friesden walked through the dining hall, and spotted her mother at one of the tables. Hurrying over, she gave her mum a hug. “Hello mum,” she said, happily.

Kit squeaked in surprise, Confused that she just suddenly hugged by a Pony she didn’t really know and gets called a mother.. With a confused blush she hugs back softly, confused “um.. um.. uh.. h-hello?” she squeaked out shyly.

“Mum?” Friesden hesitantly asked. Her mother didn’t usually act like this... “Um...You’re Kat, aren’t you?”

“um..” Kit squeaks again, sinking slightly in embarrassment “I’m.. um.. Kit.. Kat’s.. younger sister..”

Friesden releases the pony...her...her aunt? She releases her aunt quickly, a blush quickly appearing on her face. “Oh...Um...Sorry. Um. I...Sorry. I thought you were mum...Um...Sorry...”

“It’s.. um, okay.” Kit said out while still blushing. Giving her a little shy smile. “it was.. um.. nice. Getting hugged..”

“Oh...Um...Um...Um. Sorry for mistaking you for mum...um...auntie Kit?” Friesden tries out, cautiously.

Kit squeaks out again shyly. “It’s.. um.. okay.. uh.. I.. never knew Kat had a daughter already..”

“Um...I...My...My parents didn’t like me...so...they kicked me out. But mum...and then dad...they became my new parents. They looked after me.”

Kit Ooohh’d a little then nods “aw.. I’m sorry to hear that.. What’s your name? and.. did you.. um, Like, having Kat as your mum?” She asked Curiously. Interested in getting to know with her apparent niece.

“I’m Friesden. But Mum likes calling me Friesdizzy. She’s a nice mum,” Friesden says.

Kit nods and smiles. “A pleasure to meet you, Friesden.” She chirped happily. Glad to apparently make another friend.

“It’s nice to meet you too, Auntie Kit,” says Friesden happily.

Kit was unsure about what to feel, finding her niece here like this. Then realize that since she’s in the dining hall, she’s probably hungry “so.. um, Friesden? do you want to have something to eat with me? I’ll still be eating for a little while.

“That’s a nice idea. I’d love to eat with you, Auntie,” Friesden says, and she goes and gets some food to eat, before returning to the table. “So...Um...I...I don’t know much about you.”

Kit smiles sweetly with a faint blush across her face “well, I.. Don’t know much about you neither. So.. um, I guess we’re even? hehe.” she said out a little nervously. Not that she finds the company bad or anything, Just a little odd to be talking to her niece that she never knew existed until today.

“Hehe... Well...Um...I’m a swordspony! I’m the mayoral guard...um...Fauchard is my father...Um...I’m not sure what much else I can say.”

Kit tilts her head slightly “Ooohh, a Warrior too! I’m sure Kat’s proud.. and, you called Kat mum, and this.. Fauchard father.. soo.. are they two... you know?”

“Oh, um, um, no, no. Um...It’d be nice if they were...but...um, no. No. Um. Um. No.”

Kit ponders for a moment.. having little ideas “hmm.. do you wish they were?”

“Oh...Um...Sort of. But...I think Dad...I think Dad had a wife...but...something happened to her. I...I don’t...I don’t want to....I don’t want him to be unhappy....”

“oh.. um.. well.. do you... do you think he’ll be.. unhappy with Kat?”

“Oh...Um...I...I...It’s...It’s...Because of his wife...I...Um...Mum is nice...I..Um...I’m sorry...”

Kit pats her niece softly with a smile “don’t be.. Atleast you’re happy to have her and she’s happy to have you. That’s all it matters, right?”

“Um...I...Yes? I think so...” Friesden pauses. “Um...Are you happy with Kat?”

Kit smiles a little sweeter for her Niece. “of course I am.. She’s the bestest sister I could ever ask for. And I feel happy for you that you’re her daughter..”

“T-t-t-thank you. She’s a really nice mum.”

“hehe.. she is huh?.. well, I’m glad I’m your auntie too. You’re a.. very sweet and.. Beautiful mare.. you know?” she said. smiling softly while nomming a little at her food. Finding herself less awkward around her niece now that she’s getting to know her.

“Oh...Um...Thank you,” Friesden says, turning her face down with a blush, and starting to eat the food she had brought.

Kit nods with a blush aswell. Continuing on with her food. It’s been pleasant to get to know her, She even have pretty stripes too! She wanted to ask more about the Zony but she’s afraid that she might be poking at some sensitive subject and doesn’t want to risk it.. so she just continues on eating and drinking away with the company of her niece.

“So...Um...Um...Why did you come out here?” Friesden asks.

“Well.. uh, I wanted to come find Kat again.. And stay with her.” Kit answered with a smile “It was the best choice i’ve ever made.”

“It must be nice to have a sister like her. O-o-o-or like you, of course,” Friesden adds hastily.

Kit giggles slightly at Friesden’s adorability. “Aww.. Thankyou. It must be nice to have a Daughter like you too.. but a Niece’s fine too.”

“T-t-t-thank you,” Friesden says with another slight blush. I must be the luckiest mare alive, Friesden thinks, having the best dad, the best mum, the best brother, the best sister, and the best aunt ever!
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: May 06, 2012, 11:26:37 pm »

Moral was walking into Dawnpick. The alicorn didn't know exactly why he decided to move to a little town in the middle of nowhere. Something about adventure or excitement. The place seemed more boring then the ponies in coupleday or whatever the place is called made it sound. Moral really didn't care much though. The Alicorn Just walked up to the keep and knocked on the door. "EH ello anypony here?"
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 11:30:56 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: May 06, 2012, 11:35:56 pm »

The door is answered by a pegasus stallion armed with a crossbow, which is held low and at a non-threatening angle.  Storm Cloud sizes up the newcomer briefly before asking, "Do you have business with Lady Virtue?"
Through pain, I find wisdom.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: May 06, 2012, 11:38:04 pm »

Moral tilted his head slightly at the pony in front of him.

"Aye, I kinda just walked into town and I'd like to talk with lady venture or whoever is running this place, Dat' fine with you?"

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: May 06, 2012, 11:43:06 pm »

Storm Cloud gives him a curious glance and disappears inside for a few moments.  When he returns, he opens the door and motions for Moral to step inside.  "She'll see you."

Virtue is sitting at her desk, pushing aside some paperwork as he enters.  She looks up and gives him the best smile she can.  "Hello, how can I help you?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: May 06, 2012, 11:47:34 pm »

Moral walked in and took a seat in front of virtue. "So... Lady Vendor, I just came into town and I'd kinda like to live here." Moral started leaning back in his seat with a blank expression on his face.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 11:49:34 pm by jaxler »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: May 06, 2012, 11:52:39 pm »

Virtue puzzles for a moment at him using the wrong name and seeming to have such an indifferent attitude.  Most ponies came here for a reason or another, and knew a little about Dawnpick before coming.  "It's, um, Virtue," she starts, pointing a hoof to herself.  "And I think we can find someplace for you to stay.  I don't think I've caught your name yet?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: May 06, 2012, 11:55:22 pm »

Moral puts his hoof up to his chin and ponders for a moment. "I want to say it's Ideal something... nope that's not it... um MORAL um... Moral Decay that's my name, also thanks lady... What's you name again?"
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 11:57:49 pm by jaxler »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: May 07, 2012, 12:00:16 am »

That... was interesting.  This pony wasn't sure of his own name?  And... Moral Decay?  What sort of name was that?  Still, she keeps the smile on her face.  "Virtue Cookales," she reiterates.  "So, Mr. Moral, we've got room for you to stay.  What sorts of things are you good at doing?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: May 07, 2012, 12:05:13 am »

Moral stopped thought o himself for a moment. "well, I can poke things with a spear until they stop moving. Last I remember I was pretty good at that. I can make wood into pretty shapes. Also I can fly, and I'm pretty good at makin' up spells." Moral then raised his hoof up to the wizard hat he had on. "So Lady Volvo, what do you think I can do around the fort?"

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: May 07, 2012, 12:12:33 am »

Poking things with a spear until they stop moving?  And he was having difficulty remembering her name, much less his own?  She was pretty sure she didn't want him going near anything sharp.  Making up spells worried her a bit too.  If he was as scatter brained as he sounded that might not be a good thing for him to be doing.  Woodcrafting sounded pretty innocent though, even if they weren't really short on such labor.

"Woodcrafting, you say?  Well, we could possibly use somepony else to help out with that."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: May 07, 2012, 12:22:53 am »

"Okkkkaaaayyy then... Gosh I really wanted to using a spear. wood carving was always fun though. So lady Revolving Door could I possibly enter a reserve unit for the local militia. I'd honestly prefer not to allow for my skills with a spear to rust while I whittle away wooden crafts all day. I, mean allowing my skills to decay would leave me demoralized and... feeling uh... goo, no bad!"
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 12:26:33 am by jaxler »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: May 07, 2012, 12:30:00 am »

He wasn't doing much to help his case.  Still, if he really wanted to join the reserves then that was Indigo's decision.  She could forbid it of course, but she really doubted Indigo would allow him in the reserves like this.  She felt just a bit guilty for seeing it as a chance to get a bit of revenge on Indigo for putting her through so much stress.  He was trying to be helpful after all, it wasn't his fault his suggestions worried her so much.  But where was she...?

"Oh... well, I'll tell you what.  We do have a military reserve here, commanded by Indigo, one of our masons.  If you're interested you can talk to him about it.  While off duty you could help the wood crafters out.  How does that sound?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: May 07, 2012, 12:37:14 am »

Moral smiles and says "That sounds swell, Madam Double Door!" This was great Now moral could work with wood and use a spear. "So, how nice is it here in Dawnpipe?"
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 12:39:27 am by jaxler »

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 239